• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real message is getting lost in White House's war on NFL

Kneeling in protest is protected speech (which is in the Constitution). Nowhere in the Constitution does it say, "You can only have 1st amendment rights if your boss says so." If the boss has a problem, the boss needs to handle it. Not you or any other pearl clutcher who freaks out when someone says something they disagree with.

No need for insults. You are wrong about the 1st amendment and how it applies. You seem to have an inability to parse the words for content.
If your boss lets you protest your favorite pet cause at work, FANTASTIC!. But, the rest of us generally have rules to abide by and have to do our protesting on our own time.
No NFL player has been had their 1st amendment right violated.
End of story.

ttfn

If flag burning is protected speech, kneeling is certainly a more respectful form of protest, and thus, protected.

At work?
How can people not get this after all this time? The NFL has a right to dictate how their employees behave, with a code of conduct.
Can you burn a flag at work?

(I'm glad you find flag burning to be disrespectful)

Re: NFL players are tired of Trump's lies

Yet they still kick and scream... yeah, they sure look innocent to me. The last two games I attended where just that, the last two. Because of these jackasses. But no, its obviously a lie because its Fox and Trump talking about it.

I could really care less if they just got caught doing it once and never did it again. This whole problem stemmed from one idiot and now the whole of the NFL has been paying for long enough.

"I could [sic] really care less" - this says it all. Trump supporter.

"I could [sic] really care less" - this says it all. Trump supporter.

Am I wrong?
Even though they get caught, or any other NFL team gets called out for this crap. I could really care less.

Kaepernic started this stupid trend and it spread like a cancer. Now a sport that I actually enjoyed has been paying for it ever since. I've ditched two sets of season tickets for this BS, so excuse me if that little issue kind of pisses me off.

Though if you think picking one aspect of my post from the whole body somehow proves you correct by default.

Then that actually says it all. -A know nothing liberal.-

So I take it you're not one of the good ones?

Put for actions done in protest? IMO THIS is at least partially why people bring up the first amendment when it comes to the issue of kneeling - as it would seem problematic for any govt. funding, or tax breaks, to be taken away for protests that would categorically fall under the 1st amendment.

Probably but, I'm sure there are stipulations for receiving those tax breaks and subsidies as there would be with any other business.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40409905/this-is-how-political-activism-can-affect-your-job

Last edited:

Hmm -- I wonder how these same people who are cheering Trump for what he did, would cheer Obama if he started penalizing privately owned companies to do what he wanted them to do.

LOL Come on now, their heads would literally explode.

Yet they still kick and scream... yeah, they sure look innocent to me. The last two games I attended where just that, the last two. Because of these jackasses. But no, its obviously a lie because its Fox and Trump talking about it.

I could really care less if they just got caught doing it once and never did it again. This whole problem stemmed from one idiot and now the whole of the NFL has been paying for long enough.

It would be better to stop doing the anthem at all than to require an insincere gesture from the players.

This is the kind of thing we see in NK. Everybody is required to show proper reverence to Un.

Y'all need to examine how many "bells" you "salivate" at. Its gotten WAY too easy to get you furiously angry.

Trump has not penalized privately-owned companies for their employees kneeling. You can misconstrue and outright lie all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the new NFL rule is the NFL's, and not Trump's.
In fact, he disagrees with it, but that's not going to change the NFL rule.

It would be better to stop doing the anthem at all than to require an insincere gesture from the players.

This is the kind of thing we see in NK. Everybody is required to show proper reverence to Un.

Y'all need to examine how many "bells" you "salivate" at. Its gotten WAY too easy to get you furiously angry.

One can disagree with American laws and policies and still pay respect to the people who fought and died for our flag.
Imagine if every pro-life athlete and fan said "I'm not standing until we stop killing babies in the womb".

Your heads would explode.

One can disagree with American laws and policies and still pay respect to the people who fought and died for our flag.
Imagine if every pro-life athlete and fan said "I'm not standing until we stop killing babies in the womb".

Your heads would explode.

Not mine.

I would still just remove the ceremony from sporting events.

It isn't showing respect if you make people do it. Its tyranny, actually.

Think William Tell.

Yeah, not so good because you're also "dividing out" many times more people who might otherwise be sympathetic because you chose an idiotic way of trying to get a message out.

Ok pay careful attention. **** them. Right in the ass. I've had to listen to bull**** arguments about kneeling during a ****ing game for to long. At this point if anyone is such a bitch that they care what a ****ing millionaire does before he plays a ****ing game. That is in no shape or way important to anything for any reason. While our ****ing country is getting shafted by Cheeto Moussalini. Who uses this **** as a distraction.

Then **** them. Do you get it. The sheer level of contempt I have for people that are so petty, ignorant, and racist as to care whether a football player kneels during the ****ing anthem. I don't care about your brainwashed pleas of patriotism. or the ****ing what about the troops. I don't care. Those are bull**** socially engineered concepts to make us all into ****ing sheep. **** patriotism. **** the troops. **** Donald Trump. And most importantly. **** football.

Because in my opinion, anyone that watches grown ass millionaires run around playing the same ****ing game over and over again. Has a mental deficiency. But that's my opinion.

Would you like to hear some more of my opinions on how much I don't care about your opinion? I got time. It's not trouble.

Am I wrong?
Even though they get caught, or any other NFL team gets called out for this crap. I could really care less.

Kaepernic started this stupid trend and it spread like a cancer. Now a sport that I actually enjoyed has been paying for it ever since. I've ditched two sets of season tickets for this BS, so excuse me if that little issue kind of pisses me off.

Though if you think picking one aspect of my post from the whole body somehow proves you correct by default.

Then that actually says it all. -A know nothing liberal.-

So I take it you're not one of the good ones?
You don't even seem to have understood what I was getting at.
Sonny, it's not "I could care less."
It's "I couldn't care less."
If you say "I could care less" it means that you care more than some state in which you would care less.
Get it?

"They are disrespecting our soldiers!"

"I didn't serve in the military for that bastard to kneel for the flag I fought for!"

The soldiers that people are whining over actually fought for the players' right to kneel.

That means that they fought for the right to stand, kneel, sit or lay, or whatever the hell you want to do.

You are quite right - I fought for some jerk's right to spit in my face!! Doesn't mean I have to like or appreciate it. What I truly despise are the lies - "I'm kneeling to protest police brutality" - Bu...Sh...!!! What the little snowflakes are really doing is grabbing personal glory for themselves while we the (dumbasses) pay big bucks for their glory-hounding. If they were REAL men, they would protest where it would/could make a difference; i.e. in front of police stations, city halls, etc. and if they were truly brave - they would wear their uniforms. Since none of these GREAT men have done any such thing - you can tell the true size of their family jewels!!!

Um, what? "Nigger" is not the name of a color. "Black" isn't the "N-word." What fatuous nonsense.

Your entire post is pure garbage. Every word of it.

Look it up - (From Wikipedia) "In the English language, the word nigger is a racial slur typically directed at black people. The word originated as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("black")." Sorry "dude" or whatever you associate as - you're wrong!!

You are quite right - I fought for some jerk's right to spit in my face!! Doesn't mean I have to like or appreciate it. What I truly despise are the lies - "I'm kneeling to protest police brutality" - Bu...Sh...!!! What the little snowflakes are really doing is grabbing personal glory for themselves while we the (dumbasses) pay big bucks for their glory-hounding. If they were REAL men, they would protest where it would/could make a difference; i.e. in front of police stations, city halls, etc. and if they were truly brave - they would wear their uniforms. Since none of these GREAT men have done any such thing - you can tell the true size of their family jewels!!!

:lol: They are the snowflakes? Pull up your big boy panties and deal with it. You don't get to pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you fought for.

Your post seems to imply that you are triggered.

:lol: They are the snowflakes? Pull up your big boy panties and deal with it. You don't get to pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you fought for.

Your post seems to imply that you are triggered.

My "big boy" pants have been on for a long time - seems like you need to trade in your diapers for a pair (pants and family jewels). As I said - I may not like what the snowflakes are doing, but I fought for their right to do it - I DON'T have to like it - my RIGHT!

My "big boy" pants have been on for a long time - seems like you need to trade in your diapers for a pair (pants and family jewels). As I said - I may not like what the snowflakes are doing, but I fought for their right to do it - I DON'T have to like it - my RIGHT!

Whatever would I do with a tiny pair of testicles?

Look it up - (From Wikipedia) "In the English language, the word nigger is a racial slur typically directed at black people. The word originated as a variation of the Spanish and Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("black")." Sorry "dude" or whatever you associate as - you're wrong!!

Yeah, I know what the derivation of the word is. That said, you made the incredibly moronic claim that the "N-word" is saying the same as "black crayon." So yeah, you're wrong. Suck it.

It's amazing how many dim witted liberals pretend that the fan base of the NFL had not been dwindling before Kaepernick, and Trumps remarks.

5 Reasons Football Fans Are Losing Interest In NFL Games

If that's the case, this actually makes the case for liberals, since the conservative's argument is that the loss of interest is due to the anthem protest. So I don't see what kind of point you are trying to make, talking about dim-witted liberals. Actually I said many times that cable cutters, other forms of viewership in non-traditional platforms, and the sheer multiplication of entertaining offers, have a lot more to do with lower NFL TV viewership than anthem protests. Your article talks about cable cutters and other more pleasant viewing platforms (with fewer ads) and makes other interesting points, but if you want to make it political, actually all these arguments favor the liberal view that it's not the anthem protest that is turning off viewers. So, you seem to be arguing against your own side.

Last edited:

Only a few players were going to show up anyway.Trump beat them to the punch.If he invited them and they never showed up the Liberals would still argue.Trump is the man.

If that's the case, this actually makes the case for liberals, since the conservative's argument is that the loss of interest is due to the anthem protest. So I don't see what kind of point you are trying to make, talking about dim-witted liberals. Actually I said many times that cable cutters, other forms of viewership in non-traditional platforms, and the sheer multiplication of entertaining offers, have a lot more to do with lower NFL TV viewership than anthem protests. Your article talks about cable cutters and other more pleasant viewing platforms (with fewer ads) and makes other interesting points, but if you want to make it political, actually all these arguments favor the liberal view that it's not the anthem protest that is turning off viewers. So, you seem to be arguing against your own side.

Wrong answer. Go back and look through many of the conservative posts on here about the NFL's decline. Many have said that it was going on before Kaepernick.

Wrong answer. Go back and look through many of the conservative posts on here about the NFL's decline. Many have said that it was going on before Kaepernick.
Maybe it's not a representative sample. We've seen conservatives make the point that the NFL was going down due to the anthem protest, over and over and over. If a few conservatives here in the thread do see it more accurately, it doesn't change the broader picture.

The players are more than welcome to still take the field and take a knee. As I read the rules, the players wont even be fined...its the clubs that will be fined.

The players dont need to be concerned with Trump. They need to be concerned with the fans that have already demonstrated a willingness to not watch and they need to be interested in putting a better product on the field.

Yep. I find it just another example of lefty cherry picking that a recent poll of Americans showed that most Americans stand behind the players taking a knee. Most Americans don't count. The only people who count are actual NFL fans and most of them are against players spitting on the flag and the anthem.

The decline of the NFL has expanded since the protests.

Back
Top Bottom