• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real message is getting lost in White House's war on NFL

Game day is when the cameras are on. That's why they did it then.

Right. So they really DONT give a **** about it. I think we both agree with that. Its all about the show.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/real-message-getting-lost-white-houses-war-nfl-201054902.html

Players are outraged that Trump keeps saying that they are against the flag and the military, and Eagles players are mad at Fox News for showing pictures of kneeling that were taken while they were praying, way before the anthem. Actually no Eagles player did that during the anthem, all year long. And contrary to what the WH said, most Eagles players didn't want to meet Trump, not just the black ones.

Lie after lie after lie... the players now are fighting back.

Most of America is joining them. See, the Donald is bringing people together, the Great Uniter.

Re: NFL players are tired of Trump's lies

When you kneel during the national Anthem, you're ****ting on America. Let this fight brew, see how the fans respond

I did not expect it to become the aim of the president to brew fights among the people. How leadership has changed under this administration. Glad you enjoy the lack of character and integrity in action. I would rather a leader who tries to listen to all Americans, not just the ones that vote for him....wait, no, worship him.

I'm an Eagles fan. I watched the games. I watched all of the interviews pregame and post game. I witnessed the constant false narrative spoken by the virtuous ones. If only they would be this engaged about wife beatings.

With the Eagles, its more of an anti-Trump display than any real protest. I am against any person who uses the National Anthem for personal glory - to me that's all the "kneeling" players are doing - grabbing personal glory for themselves by being controversial. I disagree that they are kneeling in protest of police brutality - just some "jive" excuse. If team players truly wanted to protest police brutality, they would dawn their gear and jerseys and protest in front of Police Stations, City Halls, etc. What these kneelers are doing is deliberately insulting those who have and are defending this nation. One of the reasons for playing the National Anthem at sporting events is give honor to those who protect and serve this country. Anyone who deliberately disrespects our National Anthem is disrespecting our protectors - I don't care what else they may claim!! Take it from another viewpoint - the "N" word is considered highly offensive to most African Americans (despite how much they themselves use it) - it is also a the name of a color; i.e. a black crayon; so if I use the "N" word and claim I am describing a color - how is that offensive?

Trump threatened to penalize the NFL over tax breaks. Suddenly the NFL, a private company, changes it policies. It should be concerning to us all who value our freedoms that the President can use political pressure to change a private company's policies. Since you agree with the President it's okay but then when you don't it will be too late.

Hmm -- I wonder how these same people who are cheering Trump for what he did, would cheer Obama if he started penalizing privately owned companies to do what he wanted them to do.

I can't believe this is still going on. How pathetic.

Who cares whether the players kneel or not. It has no impact on game play because it's not done during the game.

Just a lot a fake outrage for partisan sake.

Anyone with half a brain can see it's an attempt at a distraction by Trump. All that winning with NK and all...

I mean, we should focus on things that will have worldwide repercussions and shake the foundations of human society like Starbucks's choice of Christmas cups. :roll: :doh

Hmm -- I wonder how these same people who are cheering Trump for what he did, would cheer Obama if he started penalizing privately owned companies to do what he wanted them to do.

Ever look into the penalties to privately owned companies for not complying with the "Affordable Care Act?" Don't much care for Trump, but really hated having to "share the wealth" via mandates in the ACA.

The flag is disrespected when free speech is limited or banned. The flag is disrespected when our very institutions are defamed. The flag is disrespected when citizens are treated as others or less than equal. the flag is disrespected when we the people are encouraged to turn on one another. The flag is disrespected when the POTUS thinks he is above the law.

What I think is hilarious is those who are crying and wringing their hands over Kaepernick et. al, kneeling in protest.

"They are disrespecting the flag!"

"They are disrespecting our soldiers!"

"I didn't serve in the military for that bastard to kneel for the flag I fought for!"

:lol:

The soldiers that people are whining over actually fought for the players' right to kneel.

It's right there in the Oath of Enlistment - that they solemnly swear to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

That means that they fought for the right to stand, kneel, sit or lay, or whatever the hell you want to do.

It's a football game, and a song. A veteran told the first guy who did it, to do it that way, instead of sitting on the bench.

If it creates division with people who believe whether a person kneels during the anthem is more important than unarmed civilians getting shot because the color of their skin instills fear in cowards. Then good. Divide those people out. Keep em divided out. Expose those who support the corrupt institution and shame them into either changing their mind or being silent while those who want to rectify the situation do so unimpeded by the asshats that allow cops to murder and get away with it by constantly defending them.
Yeah, not so good because you're also "dividing out" many times more people who might otherwise be sympathetic because you chose an idiotic way of trying to get a message out.

I did not expect it to become the aim of the president to brew fights among the people. How leadership has changed under this administration. Glad you enjoy the lack of character and integrity in action. I would rather a leader who tries to listen to all Americans, not just the ones that vote for him....wait, no, worship him.

Trump is crass and brash... Obama was smooth and deceitful. Both diff sides of the same coin

What I think is hilarious is those who are crying and wringing their hands over Kaepernick et. al, kneeling in protest.

"They are disrespecting the flag!"

"They are disrespecting our soldiers!"

"I didn't serve in the military for that bastard to kneel for the flag I fought for!"

:lol:

The soldiers that people are whining over actually fought for the players' right to kneel.

It's right there in the Oath of Enlistment - that they solemnly swear to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

That means that they fought for the right to stand, kneel, sit or lay, or whatever the hell you want to do.

No, they didn't. They fought for the Constitution, which doesn't include protesting on your employer's time.
I really wish people would stop conflating.

And "whatever you want to do"? Again, no. The 1st amendment has limitations.

This is basic stuff.

No, they didn't. They fought for the Constitution, which doesn't include protesting on your employer's time.

This is basic stuff.

If flag burning is protected speech, kneeling is certainly a more respectful form of protest, and thus, protected.

This is basic stuff.

Kneeling in protest is protected speech (which is in the Constitution). Nowhere in the Constitution does it say, "You can only have 1st amendment rights if your boss says so." If the boss has a problem, the boss needs to handle it. Not you or any other pearl clutcher who freaks out when someone says something they disagree with.

With the Eagles, its more of an anti-Trump display than any real protest. I am against any person who uses the National Anthem for personal glory - to me that's all the "kneeling" players are doing - grabbing personal glory for themselves by being controversial. I disagree that they are kneeling in protest of police brutality - just some "jive" excuse. If team players truly wanted to protest police brutality, they would dawn their gear and jerseys and protest in front of Police Stations, City Halls, etc. What these kneelers are doing is deliberately insulting those who have and are defending this nation. One of the reasons for playing the National Anthem at sporting events is give honor to those who protect and serve this country. Anyone who deliberately disrespects our National Anthem is disrespecting our protectors - I don't care what else they may claim!! Take it from another viewpoint - the "N" word is considered highly offensive to most African Americans (despite how much they themselves use it) - it is also a the name of a color; i.e. a black crayon; so if I use the "N" word and claim I am describing a color - how is that offensive?

About 15 years ago, a prominent person from Harvard got in trouble by using the word “niggardly”. There are some ignorant people out there...especially in academia.

Wow. And I thought I had heard everything, in terms of a truly misguided opinion! I guess this one takes the cake.

Trump is crass and brash... Obama was smooth and deceitful. Both diff sides of the same coin

What do you perceive the outcome will be of the fights among the people Trump is brewing? You said you want them to happen...for some good?

This is not leadership. This is a hugely petulant immature person stamping his feet, and for some reason a large section of America applauds him. SAD.

Fox News has publicly on line and on pretty much every hour yesterday apologized for an erroneous photo being put up during a story re the Eagles being disinvited to the White House. And they reported every hour yesterday that the Eagles did not kneel during the National Anthem though some did punch fists into the air as an alternative. (Which is just as disrespectful by the way.) But the rest of the MSM and those who participate in the echo chamber are making a huge deal out of Fox's error--they almost never acknowledge or apologize for their own errors--and are making that and President Trump's position on this the whole story and absolutely ignore what actually happened.

Sad.

Complete fiction.

The sad thing is, you think what you are saying is sensible and wise, it's progressive bull**** and people like you are destroying America.

:roll:

Um, what? "Nigger" is not the name of a color. "Black" isn't the "N-word." What fatuous nonsense.

Your entire post is pure garbage. Every word of it.

None of the eagles knelt during the anthem.

Trump probably just saw the picture of them praying on fox, believed what fox was selling, that they were kneeling in protest, and had another fit.

Yet they still kick and scream... yeah, they sure look innocent to me. The last two games I attended where just that, the last two. Because of these jackasses. But no, its obviously a lie because its Fox and Trump talking about it.

I could really care less if they just got caught doing it once and never did it again. This whole problem stemmed from one idiot and now the whole of the NFL has been paying for long enough.

Back
Top Bottom