• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real message is getting lost in White House's war on NFL

Re: NFL players are tired of Trump's lies

If Trump changed the narrative, then maybe it's time not to kneel during the anthem anymore? Ever think about that?

"Stand or else" is not showing patriotism.

Its the opposite, actually.

Respect is an earned thing.

It can't really be taken.

LeBron has sent 1200 kids from his community to college.

That has precisely dick to do with the issue he is bleating on about. Money to a multimillionaire is nothing. Show some ****ing integrity. Speak out about the people ACTUALLY MURDERING 10,000 black Americans a year and stop ****ting yourself over 10 killed by cops.

When was the last black life that ‘mattered’ lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See...that picture represents to me the real problem. People die every day...Bron is silent. People dying by the thousanThat i

The thing is.. you don't see the fact that among other things , there is too much unjustified police violence against unarmed people causing fatalities. The black community percentage of that is higher than the general population by far. That doesn't seem to be a problem for you I guess. That show a distinct lack of empathy

I know right? Sure, there are fans in support of the kneeling. They are a minority. I think, the real scope of this we'll know by week four, based on attendance and ratings.

Its gonna be great when the trumpies start publishing lists of those who choose to remain in the locker room.

Bet on it. You saw it here first.

Please explain why you give a rats ass about the anthem?

Not platitudes. What do you get out of it? What does anybody get out of it?

I like it because it makes me feel proud and patriotic when I see so many people standing with their hands over their hearts. I guess it's a learned or conditioned response from hearing it so many times in my life and knowing that it was written to celebrate our victory over the British.

That has precisely dick to do with the issue he is bleating on about. Money to a multimillionaire is nothing. Show some ****ing integrity. Speak out about the people ACTUALLY MURDERING 10,000 black Americans a year and stop ****ting yourself over 10 killed by cops.

When was the last black life that ‘mattered’ lost?

The military has "precisely dick" to do with it as well.

"Stand or else" is not showing patriotism.

Its the opposite, actually.

Respect is an earned thing.

It can't really be taken.

It's not "stand or else," it's just "stand."

The respectful way to act during the anthem is established in US Code, and none of the whining we're currently hearing from the detractors means jack squat.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

The thing is.. you don't see the fact that among other things , there is too much unjustified police violence against unarmed people causing fatalities. The black community percentage of that is higher than the general population by far. That doesn't seem to be a problem for you I guess. That show a distinct lack of empathy

There is another ongoing thread that shows the FACTS regarding police activity in this country. The Washington Post keeps a running database on EVERY person killed by cops in this country. What it proves is that the racial bias being discussed simply does not exist. Now...does that mean there are NO problems with SOME law enforcement agencies? Of course not. Does that mean there isn’t room for that to be addressed? Of course not. But look at what even YOU just did. You ignored the FACTS...the reality that 10,000 black people die every year at the hands of black Americans so you can focus on ‘the cops’. Not those cops that might be the problem, but ‘the cops’. ‘Law enforcement’.

If players want to talk about police brutality, then (here's a novel idea) - talk about police brutality! If players don't want it to be an issue about the national anthem, then don't make it one!!

the fact that people are more pissed about black guys kneeling, than they are about unarmed citizens being murdered speaks volumes as to what is wrong with this country. And while everyone may prefer they shut up and get back to running for your entertainment like good little black boys that know their place. I believe they they have found the right approach, because it pisses the people who are the most dismissive to them, right the **** off.

And those people deserve to be pissed off over something as dumb as a ****ing game. To show everyone just how much of an idiot racists really ****ing are.

There is another ongoing thread that shows the FACTS regarding police activity in this country. The Washington Post keeps a running database on EVERY person killed by cops in this country. What it proves is that the racial bias being discussed simply does not exist. Now...does that mean there are NO problems with SOME law enforcement agencies? Of course not. Does that mean there isn’t room for that to be addressed? Of course not. But look at what even YOU just did. You ignored the FACTS...the reality that 10,000 black people die every year at the hands of black Americans so you can focus on ‘the cops’. Not those cops that might be the problem, but ‘the cops’. ‘Law enforcement’.

Well, you know, I noticed some people distort facts, or take partial pieces of data.

The military has "precisely dick" to do with it as well.

When you use a symbol that is so closely related to the military, and families of fallen soldiers, as your platform to promote your fake cause, you can’t be shocked when there is an association made. The excuse of ‘that’s not our intent’ doesn’t fly.

Well, you know, I noticed some people distort facts, or take partial pieces of data.

And some people just ignore them altogether because they are more invested in promoting a cause.

Have you ever actually LOOKED at the data?

The idea of fans being done with the NFL comes exclusively from the fact that TV viewership is dropping, not taking into account that it is dropping everywhere in favor of cable cutters, streamers, and other non-traditional platforms. Conservative fans who are buying into the idea that this is anti-flag and anti-military will be outraged a bit... but then won't be willing to resign from their football parties and tailgating and Super Bowl parties. The NFL is doing just fine and a middle of the pack franchise (Panthers) had just been sold for a record figure. The new ruling on pro sports gambling will ignite NFL profits. Lies like showing praying players as if they were kneeling during the anthem backfire on the liars. Don't think that this issue is so unilaterally favoring those who are for Trump's platform. It's not as black and white as you think (pun intended).

Obviously nascar is suffering because they are all Republicans.

Or maybe, as with football, something more complex is at play?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1WgJTsOZ3GndQlqwHsHFg0

NASCAR Wobbles Into 2018 Low On Gas, And Badly Needing A Spark - ...
Forbes › sites › davecaldwell › 2017/12/18

Last edited:
When you use a symbol that is so closely related to the military, and families of fallen soldiers, as your platform to promote your fake cause, you can’t be shocked when there is an association made. The excuse of ‘that’s not our intent’ doesn’t fly.

Our ugly president is exploiting you.

Our ugly president is exploiting you.

:lamo

Stop being stupid. This drama began under Obama.

Seriously. Is that the best you have? Your pathetic refuge when you can’t argue against the facts is to TTTRRRRRUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!! ?

And some people just ignore them altogether because they are more invested in promoting a cause.

Have you ever actually LOOKED at the data?

I noticed. it appeared the ones trying to do minimize that role of police brutatlity do have an agenda that they want to do. I have looked at the 2017 data.

History shows that when a people quit respecting their nation, their culture, the nation falls. Silly history... who has time for that right?

America somehow made it until 1931 without even having a national anthem. And what a pitiful song. We could have at least picked one that normal people could sing.

Why not write it off as a failed experiment?

:lamo

Stop being stupid. This drama began under Obama.

Seriously. Is that the best you have? Your pathetic refuge when you can’t argue against the facts is to TTTRRRRRUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!! ?

Don't attack me. I'm not stupid. I am merely expressing my opinion. If you don't like that? Too bad.

America somehow made it until 1931 without even having a national anthem. And what a pitiful song. We could have at least picked one that normal people could sing.

Why not write it off as a failed experiment?
The sad thing is, you think what you are saying is sensible and wise, it's progressive bull**** and people like you are destroying America.

See...that picture represents to me the real problem. People die every day...Bron is silent. People dying by the thousands in black communities at the hands of black people. Bron is silent. People committing crimes and fighting with cops...Bron is silent. A black person is killed by a cop (regardless of circumstance), Bron marches, sits, or kneels. A black community is torched, twice over lies about a black person getting shot by a cop...Bron is silent.

The ‘movement’ is like any other ‘movement’...just a bunch of ****.

So the trump movement as well.

At least you admit it...

I noticed. it appeared the ones trying to do minimize that role of police brutatlity do have an agenda that they want to do. I have looked at the 2017 data.
It’s very telling that to you the facts are ‘minimizing’ the role of police brutality, when the facts disprove the racial agenda.

And notice how quick and desperate you are to avoid the 10,000 dead black Americans to focus on ‘the cops’.

When was the last black life lost that ‘mattered’?

It’s very telling that to you the facts are ‘minimizing’ the role of police brutality, when the facts disprove the racial agenda.

And notice how quick and desperate you are to avoid the 10,000 dead black Americans to focus on ‘the cops’.

When was the last black life lost that ‘mattered’?

They all mattered. That's the point.

So the trump movement as well.

At least you admit it...

Geeeeeee. Zus.

Pathetic. Your comments are an embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom