• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real message is getting lost in White House's war on NFL

Re: NFL players are tired of Trump's lies

Maybe it's not a representative sample. We've seen conservatives make the point that the NFL was going down due to the anthem protest, over and over and over. If a few conservatives here in the thread do see it more accurately, it doesn't change the broader picture.

The picture is that the decline of the NFL has accelerated since the protests.

Yep. I find it just another example of lefty cherry picking that a recent poll of Americans showed that most Americans stand behind the players taking a knee. Most Americans don't count. The only people who count are actual NFL fans and most of them are against players spitting on the flag and the anthem.

Such a Drama Queen! Who has been spitting on the flag and anthem? How do you even spit on an anthem?

Ok pay careful attention. **** them. Right in the ass. I've had to listen to bull**** arguments about kneeling during a ****ing game for to long. At this point if anyone is such a bitch that they care what a ****ing millionaire does before he plays a ****ing game. That is in no shape or way important to anything for any reason. While our ****ing country is getting shafted by Cheeto Moussalini. Who uses this **** as a distraction.

Then **** them. Do you get it. The sheer level of contempt I have for people that are so petty, ignorant, and racist as to care whether a football player kneels during the ****ing anthem. I don't care about your brainwashed pleas of patriotism. or the ****ing what about the troops. I don't care. Those are bull**** socially engineered concepts to make us all into ****ing sheep. **** patriotism. **** the troops. **** Donald Trump. And most importantly. **** football.

Because in my opinion, anyone that watches grown ass millionaires run around playing the same ****ing game over and over again. Has a mental deficiency. But that's my opinion.

Would you like to hear some more of my opinions on how much I don't care about your opinion? I got time. It's not trouble.
I think you quite well put words to the supporters of the players...and why the NFL took the position it did. You hate Trump (completely irrelevant to the issue) and dont watch football in the first place. You ARE the typical supporter of the players right to kneel. MANY leftists will take an identical position. The point is probably lost on them that that IS why the NFL made the new rules. Because people like you dont watch football. You dont buy merch. You dont go to the games. You dont support their advertisers. But you ARE typical of those supporting the players protests. (I know...I know...you said **** them too. Not really the point)

Only a few players were going to show up anyway.Trump beat them to the punch.If he invited them and they never showed up the Liberals would still argue.Trump is the man.
That is truly what all the poutrage has been about. For all the whinging and whining and 15 threads started about this silly topic, it really comes down to a bnch of people that hate Trump and were really pissed that the Eagles players didnt get the chance to show him up. It turns out ONE player committed to attending. The remaining 9 players were a mascot, a few team officials, and a few assistant coaches. Surely anyone that isnt a mindless hate fueled moron can agree that this was what everyone wanted. They didnt want to go, and Trump didnt want the scraps if the team didnt want to be there. Win win.

Such a Drama Queen! Who has been spitting on the flag and anthem? How do you even spit on an anthem?

In other words, you are unwilling to debate the topic honestly without deflecting by being technical when you know darn well what I meant. As I said, Americans don't matter in this debate. The only ones who matter are NFL fans because they are the only ones whose opinion counts. If they quit watching and spending because players don't respect our country, our flag, and our anthem then the players get what they deserve. In fact, I am one of those people. After spending tons of money on tickets, some money on NFL merchandise, and contributing to ratings on a regular basis, I quit cold turkey. They don't get a dime off me anymore and I hope they all go to hell and the sport folds into oblivion, only to remain in history books. Even if players decide to show respect from now on, I doubt I will ever come back unless they issue a formal apology admitting that they made a mistake in their tactics of bringing this issue to light when there were literally hundreds of other ways they could have done it without showing disrespect for our country. I applaud Trump for standing up for the US when those on the left could care less about our country.

In other words, you are unwilling to debate the topic honestly without deflecting by being technical when you know darn well what I meant. As I said, Americans don't matter in this debate. The only ones who matter are NFL fans because they are the only ones whose opinion counts. If they quit watching and spending because players don't respect our country, our flag, and our anthem then the players get what they deserve. In fact, I am one of those people. After spending tons of money on tickets, some money on NFL merchandise, and contributing to ratings on a regular basis, I quit cold turkey. They don't get a dime off me anymore and I hope they all go to hell and the sport folds into oblivion, only to remain in history books. Even if players decide to show respect from now on, I doubt I will ever come back unless they issue a formal apology admitting that they made a mistake in their tactics of bringing this issue to light when there were literally hundreds of other ways they could have done it.

Well I understand your points, but your vicious attitude makes it highly probable that YOU are the one unable to debate the topic honestly, without deflecting.

If Americans don't matter in this debate, other than NFL fans, WTF is POTUS doing cheerleading from the sidelines? If you hope that others go to hell over this, what are the chances of honest discussion?

Slim to none.

Well I understand your points, but your vicious attitude makes it highly probable that YOU are the one unable to debate the topic honestly, without deflecting.

If Americans don't matter in this debate, other than NFL fans, WTF is POTUS doing cheerleading from the sidelines? If you hope that others go to hell over this, what are the chances of honest discussion?

Slim to none.

Ronald Reagan encouraged patriotism in this country. Trump encourages patriotism in this country. As liberal presidents would call attention to their causes, Reagan and Trump call attention to the fact that Americans should be patriotic toward their country, or at least discouraging people from being unpatriotic. Liberals, on the other hand, want to disrespect our country and religion, even though our country was founded on religious freedom.

Ronald Reagan encouraged patriotism in this country. Trump encourages patriotism in this country. As liberal presidents would call attention to their causes, Reagan and Trump call attention to the fact that Americans should be patriotic toward their country, or at least discouraging people from being unpatriotic. Liberals, on the other hand, want to disrespect our country and religion, even though our country was founded on religious freedom.

It is not a true statement that Liberals want to disrespect our country and religion.

Otherwise, well said.

Agreeing on what is or is not patriotic has never been easy. On its definition, I'm going with Mark Twain: patriotism means supporting your country all of the time, and supporting its government only when it deserves it.

It is not a true statement that Liberals want to disrespect our country and religion.

Otherwise, well said.

Agreeing on what is or is not patriotic has never been easy. On its definition, I'm going with Mark Twain: patriotism means supporting your country all of the time, and supporting its government only when it deserves it.

But, like humans, the government is never perfect. Never. When your spouse or kids piss you off or disappoint you, you still support them, even when they are not perfect. The country and our government deserve our our support, even when they are not perfect. That's my beef with the protesters. They purposely pick an occasion that disrespects our country, our flag, and our anthem when there are many other vehicles and platforms they could use to further their cause. Their cause is just. Their methodology of furthering it sucks and Trump was right to call them out for their methodology.

Tear and divide!

That is the tactic Donald Trump uses to make his way in the world.

Donald Trump has had a bone to pick with the NFL ever since his bid to own an NFL team was rejected by the NFL administration.

What better way to get even than by dividing the NFL fans into two camps- those who are with him and those who don't agree?

I was at a sports bar to watch the NBA championship game Friday night, and already I am hearing about those who intend to boycott the NFL now and ride the Trump Train.

It reminds me of the same idiots who boycotted French Fries! LOL! What a bunch of idiots being manipulated by Donald Trump!!

Last edited:
But, like humans, the government is never perfect. Never. When your spouse or kids piss you off or disappoint you, you still support them, even when they are not perfect. The country and our government deserve our our support, even when they are not perfect. That's my beef with the protesters. They purposely pick an occasion that disrespects our country, our flag, and our anthem when there are many other vehicles and platforms they could use to further their cause. Their cause is just. Their methodology of furthering it sucks and Trump was right to call them out for their methodology.

Because the government consists of humans, it is never perfect.

But logical analysis and change can refine the way government operates.

It would be better to stop doing the anthem at all than to require an insincere gesture from the players.

This is the kind of thing we see in NK. Everybody is required to show proper reverence to Un.

Y'all need to examine how many "bells" you "salivate" at. Its gotten WAY too easy to get you furiously angry.

Yay, whataboutisms and the like are so keen in this day and age I guess. Too bad you forget that in NK, you can be severely punished by the government for things like protesting. Instead of what we have here in the states.

I don't get the "bell" comment thought. Or the "salivating" either.

Though seeing as you were off on your original comparison. You may just be too far off base in this method to make an actual point.

You don't even seem to have understood what I was getting at.
Sonny, it's not "I could care less."
It's "I couldn't care less."
If you say "I could care less" it means that you care more than some state in which you would care less.
Get it?

Yes, which is why I voiced my opinion on it in the first place.
However, if a choice of grammar is all you're able to poke at. Then I really shouldn't be surprised.
Like I said -a know nothing liberal-

Yes, which is why I voiced my opinion on it in the first place.
However, if a choice of grammar is all you're able to poke at. Then I really shouldn't be surprised.
Like I said -a know nothing liberal-

Like I said, you are an ignorant Trump supporter.
It's not "a choice" of grammar. You are not "choosing" a completely wrong statement. It's just that you don't know better. It betrays your ignorance, period.
By the way, if you want to say "a know nothing" it should be hyphenated. Oh, and your second line contains a broken sentence.
Go back to school, please. Maybe one day you'll have a shot at attending community college.

Like I said, you are an ignorant Trump supporter.
It's not "a choice" of grammar. You are not "choosing" a completely wrong statement. It's just that you don't know better. It betrays your ignorance, period.
By the way, if you want to say "a know nothing" it should be hyphenated. Oh, and your second line contains a broken sentence.
Go back to school, please. Maybe one day you'll have a shot at attending community college.

Holy hell you are quick to trigger.
Did it not even occur to you that I am typing this way because it’s the way that I am choosing to?
It’s like you’ve lost the concept of what poking and prodding goes around on these boards to actually gauge what kind of person you are dealing with in the long run.

-Like I’ve said-
Know
Nothing
Liberal

Back
Top Bottom