• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real message is getting lost in White House's war on NFL

GreatNews2night

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/real-message-getting-lost-white-houses-war-nfl-201054902.html

Players are outraged that Trump keeps saying that they are against the flag and the military, and Eagles players are mad at Fox News for showing pictures of kneeling that were taken while they were praying, way before the anthem. Actually no Eagles player did that during the anthem, all year long. And contrary to what the WH said, most Eagles players didn't want to meet Trump, not just the black ones.

Lie after lie after lie... the players now are fighting back.

Re: NFL players are tired of Trump's lies

Trump outdid himself with this particular tantrum against the Eagles.

He better watch out with his vendetta against the NFL.

Even places with lots of Trump lovers, like Green Bay, will not take kindly to Trump's message if it looks like their teams are being hurt.

Don't expect the NBA Champions to show at the White House either...trump is a complete asshole

I think he forgets that he only won the election due to 80,000 voters total in three states (not to forget, he was running against a very weak candidate who made a huge number of unforced errors, not to forget all the external help he got from Comey and from the Russians). If he keeps alienating people, no 2020 for him.

I am disappointed in how little the NFL players matter in America.

They sit or they kneel or they stand or they stay in the locker room when Americas Song is played.

What else...what happened to all those plans that the owners supported yakking about players going into the wild (the community) to make a difference?

Even places with lots of Trump lovers, like Green Bay, will not take kindly to Trump's message if it looks like their teams are being hurt.

Every single player in an nfl locker room is a millionaire. This whole exercise is a fundraising mistake.

Does everyone know that the NFL is so flush that they are building a $5 Billion dollar stadium in LA?

That is not a typo.

REALLY

Does everyone know that the NFL is so flush that they are building a $5 Billion dollar stadium in LA?

That is not a typo.

REALLY

1600 motivated millionaire football players could warp reality in the next congressional election if they wanted to.

1600 motivated millionaire football players could warp reality in the next congressional election if they wanted to.

It is not just the money they have, the owners were willing to help pay the bills, and between the owners and the players they have a lot of contacts who could help a lot, and there is the fact that most of these players are only about a decade or less removed from being regular people so they should be able to connect.

But in the end they dont do much of anything other than complaining.

And sitting and kneeling and standing and whatever...

WHAT A WASTE

It is not just the money they have, the owners were willing to help pay the bills, and between the owners and the players they have a lot of contacts who could help a lot, and there is the fact that most of these players are only about a decade or less removed from being regular people so they should be able to connect.

But in the end they dont do much of anything other than complaining.

And sitting and kneeling and standing and whatever...

WHAT A WASTE

At least they are complaining. I could go the rest of my life without hearing the national anthem again. Jimi? He usually played better songs than that. And Trump in my view is horrible. Just horrible.

I suspect that we are coming at this from slightly different perspectives.

Have a great day. On! To the heart of the sunrise!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BzYQ3ywIQTAC&usg=AOvVaw2Jk46PDhJvYCJcXIt10S6H

At least they are complaining. I could go the rest of my life without hearing the national anthem again. Jimi? He usually played better songs than that. And Trump in my view is horrible. Just horrible.

I suspect that we are coming at this from slightly different perspectives.

Have a great day. On! To the heart of the sunrise!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BzYQ3ywIQTAC&usg=AOvVaw2Jk46PDhJvYCJcXIt10S6H

They cant do better because they are traumatized by Trump....is this your argument?

They cant do better because they are traumatized by Trump....is this your argument?

No.

I am disappointed that they let Trump change the narrative. Police brutality is an entirely different issue than 'standing for the anthem.'

Trump is very very dishonest.

It doesn't matter if someone argues that police brutality isn't a problem. 100% of African Americans think it is a problem, and that in and of itself is all the problem we need.

tumblr_ox4plpvzR51vmtp2uo1_500.jpg

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

tumblr_p980iaADrH1vfmb0jo1_1280.jpg

No.

I am disappointed that they let Trump change the narrative. Police brutality is an entirely different issue than 'standing for the anthem.'

It doesn't matter if someone argues that police brutality isn't a problem. 100% of African Americans think it is a problem, and that in and of itself is all the problem we need.

Leaders decide the path taken....you might consider this as you are maligning one of the best politicians of his generation, one of the Americans Greats....

I look forward to seeing you again

You bring the quality.

I like that!

:2wave:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/real-message-getting-lost-white-houses-war-nfl-201054902.html

Players are outraged that Trump keeps saying that they are against the flag and the military, and Eagles players are mad at Fox News for showing pictures of kneeling that were taken while they were praying, way before the anthem. Actually no Eagles player did that during the anthem, all year long. And contrary to what the WH said, most Eagles players didn't want to meet Trump, not just the black ones.

Fighting back, or laying on their backs.. followed by several tantrums of kicking and screaming?

Besides, we have seen in the act. It was a bad time for the NFL and now we have people getting their panties in a knot because they made the wrong choices. Tough ****, now they have to deal with it.

No.

Then the players ought raise their concern without disrespecting the flag.

LOL...WE'RE tired of nfl players beating their wives! Shut the **** up and play football.

When you kneel during the national Anthem, you're ****ting on America. Let this fight brew, see how the fans respond

The sad reality is that the leftists are trying to make this be about Trump as much as Trump is using them. The FACT is that the majority of NFL fans are done with the kneeling protests and a good portion of them...enough for the NFL owners to take notice...are done with the NFL. And everyone learned something. The world still turns. The sun still comes out. There is just less cashflow.

I personally have no problem with the players getting involved in political stands. I think that the fact that they ONLY do it when the cameras or on speaks volumes about their levels of commitment.I think it IS disrespectful and not a little bit stupid for them to use the anthem as their opportunity to take their political stand. And their message is beyond muddled. But they DO have their RIGHT to speak...and to kneel. What they DONT have the right of is to expect that there be no consequence to their choices. Doesnt work that way. Their posturing and grandstanding WILL rub some people the wrong way...even if it is unintended.

The sad reality is that the leftists are trying to make this be about Trump as much as Trump is using them. The FACT is that the majority of NFL fans are done with the kneeling protests and a good portion of them...enough for the NFL owners to take notice...are done with the NFL. And everyone learned something. The world still turns. The sun still comes out. There is just less cashflow.

I personally have no problem with the players getting involved in political stands. I think that the fact that they ONLY do it when the cameras or on speaks volumes about their levels of commitment.I think it IS disrespectful and not a little bit stupid for them to use the anthem as their opportunity to take their political stand. And their message is beyond muddled. But they DO have their RIGHT to speak...and to kneel. What they DONT have the right of is to expect that there be no consequence to their choices. Doesnt work that way. Their posturing and grandstanding WILL rub some people the wrong way...even if it is unintended.
The idea of fans being done with the NFL comes exclusively from the fact that TV viewership is dropping, not taking into account that it is dropping everywhere in favor of cable cutters, streamers, and other non-traditional platforms. Conservative fans who are buying into the idea that this is anti-flag and anti-military will be outraged a bit... but then won't be willing to resign from their football parties and tailgating and Super Bowl parties. The NFL is doing just fine and a middle of the pack franchise (Panthers) had just been sold for a record figure. The new ruling on pro sports gambling will ignite NFL profits. Lies like showing praying players as if they were kneeling during the anthem backfire on the liars. Don't think that this issue is so unilaterally favoring those who are for Trump's platform. It's not as black and white as you think (pun intended).

The NFL made the new rules....not Trump. They are losing money and fans. That's the bottom line.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/05/trump-philly-eagles-snub-624838

No.

If players want to talk about police brutality, then (here's a novel idea) - talk about police brutality! If players don't want it to be an issue about the national anthem, then don't make it one!!

Awww -- poor babies.

If someone kneels during the anthem, they are disrespecting the flag. Period.

If the players want to protest something or other -- they need to find a way that most Americans don't find insulting.

They're cutting their own throats so I don't have much sympathy for their stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom