• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Real CIA Leak

shuamort said:
You still haven't been able to prove your claim as to the fact that there are no Geneva Convention violations being perpetrated. Since you don't know who the prisoners were and most likely they haven't been given a (fair) trial, we may never know either.

When exactly was the burden of proof put on the defense attorney. You made the accusation that we are violating the Geneva Convention YOU PROVE IT!!!

That and how the hell am I supposed to prove a negative. :2wave:

Oh and in relation to the other thread in which you accused me of a Post Hoc fallacy (which by the way it wasn't) nice Ad Ignorantiam.

Last edited:
Archon said:
What type of neanderthal could compare the actions of the CIA (a covert agency) to the actions of an executive administration of the United States (a public power).

This whole thread has fallacy written all over it. The CIA is a covert agency which operates under the spectrum of public perception. The CIA only answers to the senate. THey do not ever answer directly... nor should they have to. Nothing the CIA does should ever be of public domain. That is exactly why your hero Bush and his cohorts are facing such scrutiny. THey know the rules. You don't. Stop trying to be a hero. You are only making a complete fool of yourself, Mr. Tribulus lactification stellis terrestris.

Actually you are partly correct. The CIA is a covert ops agency however, it does have to answer to the executive branch. A matter of fact every agency does. You want to know why? Because when it all comes down to it the executive branch is liably responsible for whatever happens. Therefore there is a necissity to be accountable. No one is trying to back Bush up and to think so is a concoction of its own demeanor.

I cannot say where the leak originated because I don't actually know... neither do any of us. If we want to wage war on our assumptions then we will only be debating hypothesis. Don't make it such a partisan issue. This is an issue of national security and exposure of classified information. To attempt to attack the CIA, yet again, is completely ridiculous. They cannot do thier job if they are subjected to people who are willing to disclose pertinent information about their operations for some type of political gain. We tend to call that treason.

I agree however try telling that to Clinton.

Originally Posted by shuamort
You still haven't been able to prove your claim as to the fact that there are no Geneva Convention violations being perpetrated. Since you don't know who the prisoners were and most likely they haven't been given a (fair) trial, we may never know either.

Actually, likewise mr Shuamort. You must prove to me your allogations. Not to mention in the G conventions proceedings and in its final draft it makes very clear the rules of engagement and war. The rule states this in a paraphrase any person or persons who attack known suited military operatives and/or installations without abiding by the rules of engagement code(ie wearing military uniforms and combating in a military manor) will be subject and punishable by death under UN court sanctions. So in essence they should be dead already. Every breath they take is a gift from us.

SKILMATIC said:
Actually, likewise mr Shuamort. You must prove to me your allogations. Not to mention in the G conventions proceedings and in its final draft it makes very clear the rules of engagement and war. The rule states this in a paraphrase any person or persons who attack known suited military operatives and/or installations without abiding by the rules of engagement code(ie wearing military uniforms and combating in a military manor) will be subject and punishable by death under UN court sanctions. So in essence they should be dead already. Every breath they take is a gift from us.

I support this option. :mrgreen:

SKILMATIC said:

That makes sense. Now how do you get your average nutball fanatic indoctrinated to hate all things not muslim since the wee age of 4 at your neighborhood Islamic madrassas to follow the rules?

akyron said:
That makes sense. Now how do you get your average nutball fanatic indoctrinated to hate all things not muslim since the wee age of 4 at your neighborhood Islamic madrassas to follow the rules?

You dont. Thats why you nuke the fvckers and the problem is solved within seconds and with very few taxpayers dollars. I wouldve been done with this whole campaign on war on terror years ago. But no one listens to the professional. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom