• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Rape Culture: A Dire Crisis or Pure Nonsense?

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
If it is true that one in five women on campus will be sexually assaulted, then why are we not doing something to stop it? I mean something really effective?

Can one of you rape culture mongers tell me exactly why university officials haven't done things such as:

1. End co-ed dorms.
2. Enforce men only and women only spaces not just limited to dorms but also other leisure spaces.
3. Enforce a ban on women entering men's fraternities and vice versa.
4. Or even, separate schools for men and women.

If you take the one in five figure at face value it means assault on campus is more common than it is in the Congo, where rape is used as a terror weapon. Drastic measures are clearly justified.

If people wern't guilted to not participate in their second amendment right, the chick could've shot the aggressor, rightfully. Just sayin'. The solution is there. The follow-through, not so much. Fear, fear does this to us. It binds people into compliance, where the right to defend one's self is as old as Jacob and the big man himself having the match of the reality.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 32:22-31

I'm not a rape culture monger, but I do care. My understanding of the problem isn't under-reporting, it's lack of enforcement. A lot of the college rapes are being committed by the same perpetrators over and over again, and colleges don't want reputations as being "rape colleges" so they quell allegations. Anyway, there are lots of documentaries on this subject, I don't think it's that hard to figure out the truth.

Some feminists might disagree with me, but this subject doesn't pertain to rape culture just because it's about rape. Rape culture is systems of oppression and socialization that make rape more acceptable. It's subtle and insidious, like through objectification of others. The OP is about literal rape and colleges not doing anything about it.

Btw, the stat that 1 in 5 young women will be raped at college is wrong. It's about 1 in 18 (last I checked). Even that figure is way too high if you ask me!

Islamic culture is true rape culture. Stop Islamic immigration. They bring with it rape and terrorism just like Muhammad did.

If it is true that one in five women on campus will be sexually assaulted, then why are we not doing something to stop it? I mean something really effective?

Can one of you rape culture mongers tell me exactly why university officials haven't done things such as:

1. End co-ed dorms.
2. Enforce men only and women only spaces not just limited to dorms but also other leisure spaces.

If you take the one in five figure at face value it means assault on campus is more common than it is in the Congo, where rape is used as a terror weapon. Drastic measures are clearly justified.

I went to coed Universities and never heard that there was a problem. But maybe the Germans are just better brought up? Or is it that they just don't talk about it? What do you say? Is there another alternative?

1. End co-ed dorms.

The 1 in 5 number, previously the 1 in 4, is not close to being accurate. Furthermore, if people really wanted to end issues of rape on campus, they would enforce people under 21 not getting drunk. But then, who would go to their college or university? The sad fact is, for people that are victims, no one really cares on either side. Its generally very hard to convict for rape, and it doesn't make it easier when almost all of the biggest stories about rape in the past 10 years have turned out to be false.

I'm not a rape culture monger, but I do care. My understanding of the problem isn't under-reporting, it's lack of enforcement. A lot of the college rapes are being committed by the same perpetrators over and over again, and colleges don't want reputations as being "rape colleges" so they quell allegations. Anyway, there are lots of documentaries on this subject, I don't think it's that hard to figure out the truth.

Some feminists might disagree with me, but this subject doesn't pertain to rape culture just because it's about rape. Rape culture is systems of oppression and socialization that make rape more acceptable. It's subtle and insidious, like through objectification of others. The OP is about literal rape and colleges not doing anything about it.

Btw, the stat that 1 in 5 young women will be raped at college is wrong. It's about 1 in 18 (last I checked). Even that figure is way too high if you ask me!

About those "documentaries"

The Hunting Ground: A closer look at the influential documentary reveals the filmmakers put advocacy ahead of accuracy.

When you have a collegiate subculture that glorifies wild behavior and lawlessness, it's only natural that campuses would be hotbeds for deviant behavior, including rape. And in a modern culture that's willing to martyr itself over licentiousness, everybody needs to shut up and endure the purported epidemic.

Well, then, should we not be implementing the effective solutions I've offered?

If people wern't guilted to not participate in their second amendment right, the chick could've shot the aggressor, rightfully. Just sayin'. The solution is there. The follow-through, not so much. Fear, fear does this to us. It binds people into compliance, where the right to defend one's self is as old as Jacob and the big man himself having the match of the reality.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 32:22-31

So to my list of proposed solutions we can add concealed carry. Sounds like a winner.

1. End co-ed dorms.

im not sure the answer to 1 group of people atacking another in a society is to segregate them theirs something wrong wiht the attackers ther may or may not be a problem with the entire group the attackers are a part of

Islamic culture is true rape culture. Stop Islamic immigration. They bring with it rape and terrorism just like Muhammad did.

The rate of sexual assault on campuses in the US is NOT due to Muslims. If Muslims are being too frisky then the solution is to crack down on that harshly and firmly socialize these people to American law, just like with any other group of immigrants.

im not sure the answer to 1 group of people atacking another in a society is to segregate them theirs something wrong wiht the attackers ther may or may not be a problem with the entire group the attackers are a part of

Blaming and punishing men is popular with feminists, but it's not very effective. With a one in five rate of assault we need measures that are sure to be effective.

The 1 in 5 number, previously the 1 in 4, is not close to being accurate. Furthermore, if people really wanted to end issues of rape on campus, they would enforce people under 21 not getting drunk. But then, who would go to their college or university? The sad fact is, for people that are victims, no one really cares on either side. Its generally very hard to convict for rape, and it doesn't make it easier when almost all of the biggest stories about rape in the past 10 years have turned out to be false.

Banning alcohol is an excellent idea. And you raise an important issue, which is that competition for students among colleges makes it hard to institute reforms. A solution might be to coordinate nation wide and implement reforms together and all at once. It would take a lot of effort, but it would be worth it if the problem is as bad as they say.

Blaming and punishing men is popular with feminists, but it's not very effective. With a one in five rate of assault we need measures that are sure to be effective.

it has no effect on the underlying cause of the attacks and limits the movements of evry one at most it should be a temporary measure till thats figured out

1. End co-ed dorms.

I don't buy the 1 in 5 number, but delegate schools are definitely something that should come back.

One in Five women are sexually assaulted?

Perhaps this is a bit like the people who are being "Racially Assaulted" because someone chalked "Trump 2016" on a sidewalk?

Maybe the huge increases in "Sexual Assault" is due primarily to a redefinition of what qualifies as "Sexual Assault"?

Maybe the core of the problem isn't Sexual Assault, or Racism, but rather the huge money and power available from the "Grievance Industry"?

New York college students expelled from University at Albany after claiming racially charged bus assault - CBS News

CBS News May 7, 2016, 11:08 AM
College students punished after claiming racial attack

Two black New York college students who claimed they were victims of a racially charged assault on a public bus in January have reportedly been expelled.

University at Albany President Robert Jones said in an email to the university community that Ariel Agudio and Asha Burwell were dismissed, The Albany Times Union reported Friday.

A third woman, Alexis Briggs, was suspended for two years, the newspaper reported.

All three have been charged with fighting with passengers aboard the bus and lying about what happened, CBS Albany affiliate WRGB-TV reports.

Maybe the solution is to sternly prosecute those who make false charges, and fine heavily any lawyer who pursues frivolous lawsuits.

Maybe, if claiming an accidentally bumped breast during co-ed volley ball as "Sexual Assault" resulted in a temporary suspension from college, and a huge fine to the lawyer, we'd see the epidemic of "Sexual Assaults" suddenly evaporate...

-

Last edited:

1. End co-ed dorms.

On all of those, the sjw will freak out because it discriminates against trans and cis gendered people, or some crap like that.

In terms of rape culture, there is no rape culture in america, this is simply a false victimhood syndrome. In other countries in the world, there are rape cultures, where rape is deemed acceptable and rarely prosecuted. But the whole screaming rape culture thing is similiar to femenists who think men are bringing them down because they can't walk around topless, but completely ignore things like women being beheaded or stoned to death in other countries for wearing the wrong clothes or not being 100% subservant to their husband.

I guess we can call these first world problems, when women and gays have rights, people are not dying of starvation, and nearly everyone has food power water and shelter, everyone still needs to find something to bitch about and claim victimhood.

The actual number is closer to 1 in 52.5. Women on campus are safer than women off campus of the same age and socioeconomic status.

We need to define what Sexual Assault is.

Is this only full blown rape or is it an ass grab?

We need to define what Sexual Assault is.

Is this only full blown rape or is it an ass grab?

Half of these leftist idiots think looking at someone the wrong way constitutes rape. These people are morons.

Half of these leftist idiots think looking at someone the wrong way constitutes rape. These people are morons.

I agree however if the statistic of 1 in 5 is going to be bandied around, we need to define what sexual assault is in this case.

Well, then, should we not be implementing the effective solutions I've offered?

No. In fact, if you try them, the Obama administration will sue you for being intolerant. :)

To call rare occurrences of rape on campuses a "rape culture" is ridiculous. You can't put broad labels on a place where that label rarely to never happens.

Very rarely we have teachers in the US who have sexual relationships with students. We don't call the teaching industry to be a "statutory rape culture", though.

The actual number is closer to 1 in 52.5. Women on campus are safer than women off campus of the same age and socioeconomic status.

Only Defenders Of The Abusive Heterosexual Patriarchy Would Use Actual Data Or Facts! Down With Cis-Male Normative Appeals To A Reality In Which Statistics Have To Be Accurate To Be Truthful!

Back
Top Bottom