• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The radicalization of BLM continues

I think there's a suspension of disbelief with most liberals regarding BLM. They want to view it as they would MLK.
Kind of like Trumpettes and their weak attempt at an insurrection?

I think there's a suspension of disbelief with most liberals regarding BLM. They want to view it as they would MLK.

Should strangers have posted bail for Rittenhouse?

What’s notable about MLK?

I've not done much research into his writings, but he's a bit more left of the common 'judge not by the color of their skin' single quote he's known for. Even so, he's a palatable, popular figure.

I've not done much research into his writings, but he's a bit more left of the common 'judge not by the color of their skin' single quote he's known for. Even so, he's a palatable, popular figure.
Well…what did he do?

Likely acting in self-defense. There is no such claim in this case.

Sorry. Can't have it both ways. If you don't support the crowd funded bail of assassins and terrorists, you can't support the crowd funded bail of those acting in self-defense.

Thems the rules.

That "movement" and its foolish supporters are now in the driver's seat in this country, and they know it.
What is the factual movement?
Who are its factually foolish supporters?

😁🍿

But he was CHARGED with homicide, what does his defense matter?
IMO, the circumstances of the two cases and the facts known to us make all the difference. These to cases are not the same, and Rittenhouse has only been brought up in this threat as a means for implying that any criticism of BLM in this case is founded on racism. My suggestion to you is not to fall for so cheap a tactic.

Well…what did he do?

There were a few pro-communist statements by him, he's not the race-neutral figure that most think he is based on his single "judge not" quote. But on a functional level, MLK is the palatable standard by which whites are supposed to view BLM. Getting back to white liberal's support of BLM, most of it is performative - white liberals are living a capitalist, merit-based life and this is in direct opposition to BLM.

IMO, the circumstances of the two cases and the facts known to us make all the difference. These to cases are not the same, and Rittenhouse has only been brought up in this threat as a means for implying that any criticism of BLM in this case is founded on racism. My suggestion to you is not to fall for so cheap a tactic.
And this thread topic isn't a cheap tactic?

How many "random person from the other side behaving badly" threads are started in DP by people who clearly identify as conservative?

Sorry. Can't have it both ways. If you don't support the crowd funded bail of assassins and terrorists, you can't support the crowd funded bail of those acting in self-defense.

Thems the rules.
No, those are not the rules. That is you trying to silence the discussion.

And I would likely not have commented on the story had Brown's bail been crowdfunded. It was not crowdfunded. The attempted murderer's bail was funded by a group whose mission claims that lives matter.

There were a few pro-communist statements by him, he's not the race-neutral figure that most think he is based on his single "judge not" quote. But on a functional level, MLK is the palatable standard by which whites are supposed to view BLM. Getting back to white liberal's support of BLM, most of it is performative - white liberals are living a capitalist, merit-based life and this is in direct opposition to BLM.
So…again…what did he do? What is he known for?

Would the outrage be just as great if he had posted the bail himself? The Kentucky constitution provides for cash bail for anyone other than those charged with crimes eligible for the death penalty. Here is the judge who set the bail at $100,000...

Two part answer, 1) no, not as much outrage at BLM because they didn't help him then, 2) the bail was too small for attempted murder (but that's a separate debate).

The difference between bail being paid for a black man and bail being paid for Rittenhouse is that Rittenhouse is….a whirlpool!

It's a windmill, actually. And hopefully not the ones that give you cancer.

I don't think this thread is evolving as the OP hoped. :D
This is par for the course regarding false narrative dishonest tinfoil hat fake outrage threads
they usually get mocked by honest, educated, objective people right left and center just like this failed OP is

whats funny is, there could be an HONEST discussion as to why some members of some LOCAL BLM chapter decided to post bail for this person

BUT when the thread title starts of "BLM RADICALIZATION!!!!!!" and the first line is claiming they want to help those that "murder white politicians" . . welp . . thats where the wheels fall off and when people are going to mock the moronic dishonest OP for the stupidity it is. Youll see no honest, or respected posted will defend e the OP right left or center.

Perfect entertainment for a friday!
😁🍿

So bail should only be paid by strangers if the "circumstances" are similar?

No, it is not.
Yes, this thread is a cheap tactic. And you know it because the proof is in the part of my comment that you intentionally deleted.

How many "random person from the other side behaving badly" threads are started in DP by people who clearly identify as conservative?

No, those are not the rules. That is you trying to silence the discussion.

And I would likely not have commented on the story had Brown's bail been crowdfunded. It was not crowdfunded. The attempted murderer's bail was funded by a group whose mission claims that lives matter.

Is justice equal under the law or not? Are you proposing laws that restrict who can post bail based on the "circumstances"?

LMAO... How does that group get its funds?

Yes, this thread is a cheap tactic. And you know it because the proof is in the part of my comment that you intentionally deleted.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I can confirm for you that it's misinformed. By your comments here it's clear you have no idea why I wrote the OP or the point it's trying to make.

So…again…what did he do? What is he known for?

I think he's most known for the I Have a Dream speech. Most of my impression of him comes from his status as the most popular civil rights figure - non-violence, etc.

No, and that is not the point anyone here is trying to make.

What exactly is the point? It seems to be that you find some defendants should have strangers post their bail and others not...

Is justice equal under the law or not? Are you proposing laws that restrict who can post bail based on the "circumstances"?

LMAO... How does that group get its funds?
Justice should be equally applied, and I am not proposing any law that would restrict who could post bail.

BTW, will you be building straw-men all day or is this just the morning rush?

Back
Top Bottom