• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Racist History of the Democratic Party

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
But they say everything is different now. They're the good guys.

The Democrats have a history of abandoning their constituents. They changed their stripes and supported the civil rights movement. Now the blacks were more valuable alive than dead. Yes, there is an encrypted formula the Democrats have developed that equals votes.

But now they are abandoning the blacks for the woke culture.

Very Larry Tate like

-------------------------------------------

In 2020 the San Francisco Unified School District called Abraham Lincoln a racist. Portraying Lincoln as a racist was a politically motivated formula attempting to deny the fact that it was Lincoln and the Republican Party which fought to end slavery while Democrats in Congress voted to preserve it.

In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, which declared that all slaves in areas still in rebellion on January 1, 1863, “shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free.”

This declaration was an executive order not having the weight of law. In order to make permanent his goal of freeing slaves Lincoln sought a Constitutional amendment to end slavery. When the House voted on the amendment on June 15, 1864, it garnered 93 votes, 13 short of the two-thirds majority required for passage of a constitutional amendment. The Constitutional Amendment to end slavery failed because only four Democrats broke ranks to vote in the amendment’s favor.

When a second vote on the amendment was taken on January 31, 1865 the measure passed. 16 Democrats voted to end slavery, 56 voted to preserve slavery.

Woodrow Wilson a Democrat and U.S. President from 1913-1921 was a segregationist who had written a history textbook praising the Confederacy and the Ku Klux Klan. As President during World War I he segregated the military services and some of the civil service most notably at the Post Office and Treasury Departments.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/11/20/9766896/woodrow-wilson-racist

The book “Racism in the Nation's Service: Government Workers and the Color Line in Woodrow Wilson's America” details how Wilson segregated parts of the federal government.

While housing discrimination has always existed the FDR administration made housing discrimination against blacks Federal government policy. His administration accomplished this by constructing redline maps which prevented the government from purchasing mortgages in or near African-American Neighborhoods. This became better known with the 2017 publication of "The Color Of Law" by Richard Rothstein.

The Democrats have a history of abandoning their constituents. They changed their stripes and supported the civil rights movement. Now the blacks were more valuable alive than dead. Yes, there is an encrypted formula the Democrats have developed that equals votes.

Very Larry Tate like

In 2020 the San Francisco Unified School District called Abraham Lincoln a racist. Portraying Lincoln as a racist was a politically motivated formula attempting to deny the fact that it was Lincoln and the Republican Party which fought to end slavery while Democrats in Congress voted to preserve it.

In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, which declared that all slaves in areas still in rebellion on January 1, 1863, “shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free.”

This declaration was an executive order not having the weight of law. In order to make permanent his goal of freeing slaves Lincoln sought a Constitutional amendment to end slavery. When the House voted on the amendment on June 15, 1864, it garnered 93 votes, 13 short of the two-thirds majority required for passage of a constitutional amendment. The Constitutional Amendment to end slavery failed because only four Democrats broke ranks to vote in the amendment’s favor.

When a second vote on the amendment was taken on January 31, 1865 the measure passed. 16 Democrats voted to end slavery, 56 voted to preserve slavery.

Woodrow Wilson a Democrat and U.S. President from 1913-1921 was a segregationist who had written a history textbook praising the Confederacy and the Ku Klux Klan. As President during World War I he segregated the military services and some of the civil service most notably at the Post Office and Treasury Departments.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/11/20/9766896/woodrow-wilson-racist

The book “Racism in the Nation's Service: Government Workers and the Color Line in Woodrow Wilson's America” details how Wilson segregated parts of the federal government.

While housing discrimination has always existed the FDR administration made housing discrimination against blacks Federal government policy. His administration accomplished this by constructing redline maps which prevented the government from purchasing mortgages in or near African-American Neighborhoods. This became better known with the 2017 publication of "The Color Of Law" by Richard Rothstein.

Again with this? Do you realize one of you people tries this at least once a week?

Tell your handler you need some new material.

In 2568 BCE, the Hittites were up shit creek.

In 1267, beer hit 13% ABV.

In 1776, babies were born.

In 1973, those babies descendants gave birth.

I love history!

(Do any of y'all ever get tired of these worn out meaningless history lessons?)

most white Americans were racist until the 60's

Correct, the Democratic Party had a racist past…

Just because Hillary Clinton praised Sen. Robert Byrd at his funeral and said he was her mentor doesn't make her a KKK supporter. She didn't really mean it.

i said after trump's horrible week that his cult would need a lot of threads/posts on stuff like guns, blacks, Hillary, abortion and AOC.

i haven't been disappointed.

In 1267, beer hit 13% ABV.

For real? I did not know that. I knew that Egyptians were able to make a honey/grain beer that made it up to 9% ABV. Belgian monks got bored with being sexless and made a 9-10% beer called 'tripel'. But what's this 13% ABV beer? I gotta know...for a friend.

For real? I did not know that. I knew that Egyptians were able to make a honey/grain beer that made it up to 9% ABV. Belgian monks got bored with being sexless and made a 9-10% beer called 'tripel'. But what's this 13% ABV beer? I gotta know...for a friend.
Lol. I made it up. There is a microbrew at 13% though. Can't remember the name of it, but we print their labels. I'll let you know next time I see it

Very Larry Tate like

Not the same party through the years. Not accurate to compare 1800s, for instance.......and not relevant

It's kinda relevant - for those trying to distract from the ongoing cluster**** of the modern GOP
The modern GOP does not exist since 2016. All Trumper Party now. Perhaps it is breaking away, however. But yeah, the Dems have changed a lot since the 1960s and the Dixiecrats.........

Very Larry Tate like

Yes , and look what happened since 1933 etc. , One party changed for better and the other party absorbed and included the sons of the KKK. My heavens, 5ff62d366d61c10019cce07e.jpeghow things have changed.

Yes if we are comparing the main political parties/politicians/congress and we are discussing the issue of race relations/equality yes that's true its not even close
This is why the vast majority of blacks have voted democratic or associated with the democratic part more so since 1964 🤷‍♂️

They love to talk about the racist history of the Democratic party and pretend to not be aware of the racist present of the Republican party.

They love to talk about the racist history of the Democratic party and pretend to not be aware of the racist present of the Republican party.
^^^fAiL^^^^

Just because Hillary Clinton praised Sen. Robert Byrd at his funeral and said he was her mentor doesn't make her a KKK supporter. She didn't really mean it.

And she called them super predators

@VySky

All anyone sees when they see threads like this is the cowardice of today's racists. Why racists think they can convince anyone that today's Democratic Party is the party of racism just because they used to be the party of Southern white conservatives is really beyond me. My only guess is racists also tend to be incredibly stupid and maybe that isn't their fault. Maybe racists are just inherently dimwitted. That doesn't mean they have to be cowards though. Honestly I enjoy these threads. I love the confirmation that today's racists live their lives pretending out of shame and fear.

Last edited:
VySky had to get in his obligatory Zerohedge link for the morning.

@VySky

All anyone sees when they see threads like this is the cowardice of today's racists. Why racists think they can convince anyone that today's Democratic Party is the party of racism just because they used to be the party of Southern white conservatives is really beyond me. My only guess is racists also tend to be incredibly stupid and maybe that isn't their fault. Maybe racists are just inherently dimwitted. That doesn't mean they have to be cowards though. Honestly I enjoy these threads. I love the confirmation that today's racists live their lives pretending out of shame and fear.
You're funny people... both sides endlessly try to incriminate each other in racism, always exaggerating what the opponent said... or maybe you need it easier? If none of you living today (not 70, not 100 years ago) is a racist, can you switch to really important topics for Americans?
Or is it such a sport to sit and accuse each other of racism for and without?

@VySky

Thanks for the history lesson on racist.

Back
Top Bottom