• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The racial divide.... deepens.

Navy Pride said:
I have to give you credit my left wing friend you have the stale old left wing talking points down pat just like your hero Dean......Well the American people are not buying that stale old rhetoric.......You seem Americans are mostly moderate and conservative in this country and will never take the spew that the far left put out seriously..........You can keep trying though.......
LOL. So, because I think all politicians are crooks, I'm extreme-left? Does it mean that, every time you swallow a promise hook, line and sincker, and ask for more, you're right from extreme-left?

Then, I'm happy to be extreme-left :roll: :werd :liar .

You just blew quite a bit of the credit you still had, matey.

Y

Navy Pride said:
You very conveniently forget my liberal friend that African Americans are not the only minority in this country....Republicans picked up huge gains in the 2004 elections with Hispanics who acorfing to the last census now make up the biggest minority in this country........

Of minorities voting in the last election:

8% were Latino
11% were Black

Latinos voted 44% Bush, 53% Kerry
Blacks voted 11% Bush, 88% Kerry

Typically the incumbent always picks up a higher percentage of the minority vote. However, 2008 will be the real indicator.

Either way, you still dont have the majority of any minority group.

SouthernDemocrat said:

8% were Latino
11% were Black

Typically the incumbent always picks up a higher percentage of the minority vote. However, 2008 will be the real indicator.

44% was a huge gain for President Bush with Hispanics.......Here are the figures of minority population in the U.S.

http://www.diversityresources.com/rc_sample/hispanics_largest.htm

HISPANICS LARGEST U.S. MINORITY
In 2002, Hispanics became the largest minority group in the United States.

This population level was not expected to be reached until 2014.

Hispanics accounted for half of the population growth in the United States between 2000-2002 resulting from both continued immigration and high birth rates.

The U.S. Hispanic community has more than doubled since 1980, according to census data.

There were 38.8 million Hispanics in July 2002, or 13 percent of the national total, according to new figures based on birth and death records, visa documents and other data. The black population, long the nation's largest minority group, numbered 38.3 million.

The status as the nation's largest minority is also a cultural event, one with both broad implications and subtle distinctions. The term minority has long been associated with blacks, for example, but now the "largest minority" includes a sizable number of whites because nearly half of Hispanics identify themselves that way.

Until now, the largest minority was a racial group. Hispanics, as an ethnic group composed of many ancestries, are harder to classify and often resist customary U.S. racial categories. And 1.7 million Hispanics also are black, a community heavily concentrated in New York and Florida.

Despite the strong effect of immigration, three in five Hispanics were born in the United States.

Many families have lived in the Southwest for generations, and Hispanics have been a majority in communities along the U.S.-Mexican border for decades.

In 23 states, Hispanics were the largest minority in the 2000 Census.

Most Hispanics live in the suburbs.

Nearly half live in 10 large metropolitan areas, though their numbers also are growing in small towns in the South and Midwest.

A third are younger than 18.

Hispanics or Latinos -- the census bureau now uses both terms -- are less likely than non-Hispanic whites to have a high school education and to be employed; they are more likely to live in poverty. Two-thirds are of Mexican origin.

Excerpted from article by D'Vera Cohn
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, June 19, 2003; Page A01

epr64 said:
LOL. So, because I think all politicians are crooks, I'm extreme-left? Does it mean that, every time you swallow a promise hook, line and sincker, and ask for more, you're right from extreme-left?

Then, I'm happy to be extreme-left :roll: :werd :liar .

You just blew quite a bit of the credit you still had, matey.

Y

If things are so bad here why don't you get the hell out? That is what i would do if I hated everything about our government like you do........

Navy Pride said:
If things are so bad here why don't you get the hell out? That is what i would do if I hated everything about our government like you do........

The oh so American response, akin to "If you love it so much then why don't you marry it!"

I think we all know there is still rascism in this country but unlike people like the Reverends (and I use the term loosely) Jackson and Sharpton like to make you believe things are getting better and will continue to do so.....

This is a real problem for the Jacksons and Sharptons of this country because they make their living with the race card...That is why they are always stirring the pot..............

A lot of African Americans, excluding the one in this forum are beginning to see through them and are beginning to say they don't speak for them........

That is great to see..............

SouthernDemocrat said:

8% were Latino
11% were Black

OK, minorities vote Democrat because the Democrats exploit them. We get your point. But the majority of all voters, voted for the right man, Bush. He won both the popular vote and the electorial college vote.

ANAV said:
OK, minorities vote Democrat because the Democrats exploit them. We get your point. But the majority of all voters, voted for the right man, Bush. He won both the popular vote and the electorial college vote.

And the majority of Christians vote Republican because the Republicans exploit them, along with the middle class. Politicians exploit, there is no Democrat or Republican in that aspect.

Navy Pride said:

I thought you right wingers did hate government?

Navy Pride said:
There is no question that rascism still exists in this country but things have improved by leaps and bounds over the last 50 years........

Democrats and Liberals want to keep African Americans down........They want them to be dependent on them from the moment they are born until they die........A lot of African Americans are beginning to see through this scam and are moving away from this democratic domination.........

There is a racial divide but it is narrowing and hopefully some day in the near future will be gone.............
That's exactly why the all the old slave states voted for Bush... :rofl

HTColeman said:
And the majority of Christians vote Republican because the Republicans exploit them, along with the middle class. Politicians exploit, there is no Democrat or Republican in that aspect.
Exploit them with promises of banning abortion, dumping welfare and teaching christianity in school. Yet those promises don't materialize even when the Republicans control all three branches of Government. If they fulfilled the campaign rhetoric they wouldn't have a battle cry to rally their base anymore.

scottyz said:
Exploit them with promises of banning abortion, dumping welfare and teaching christianity in school. Yet those promises don't materialize even when the Republicans control all three branches of Government. If they fulfilled the campaign rhetoric they wouldn't have a battle cry to rally their base anymore.

No Republicans have ever promised me to ban abortion........Can you please name one....

Welfare fraud is out of hand in this country....Under the Republican Congress that has been reform but not enough......I have a friend who is a mail man and he told me he has been delivering welfare checks to the same house for 3 generations.........The only thing that changed was the name on the envelope.......

I have never heard any Republican tell say elect me and I will get christianity taught in schools...........it is taught in private schools............

It is so easy to refute your posts its not worth the time....

Navy Pride said:
No Republicans have ever promised me to ban abortion........Can you please name one....

Welfare fraud is out of hand in this country....Under the Republican Congress that has been reform but not enough......I have a friend who is a mail man and he told me he has been delivering welfare checks to the same house for 3 generations.........The only thing that changed was the name on the envelope.......

I have never heard any Republican tell say elect me and I will get christianity taught in schools...........it is taught in private schools............

Good post, you nailed it.

I noticed you anchor. Are you ready to give some training tomorrow night?

ANAV said:
Good post, you nailed it.

I noticed you anchor. Are you ready to give some training tomorrow night?

That is a E7 Chief Petty Officer Insignia my friend........

Navy Pride said:
That is a E7 Chief Petty Officer Insignia my friend........

I know, I'm an ETC(SS), been in for 16 yrs. Tomorrow night is initiation.

Navy Pride said:
Trent Lott. What exactly do you think Bush is talking about when he says "culture of life" while talking about abortion?

It is so easy to refute your posts its not worth the time....[/QUOTE]
Yet you didn't refute any of them as usual. You've never refuted any of my posts. :rofl

Navy Pride said:

You haven't refuted anything actually, I'm starting to seriously doubt your home stories, how 'bout using actual references, statistics, etc.

I was referring to the bold statement that Bush made about gay marriage, but he never planned on banning gay marriage, his right hand man's daughter is gay. He just wanted votes, the Bible even says not to parade your faith, just to stand fast. Bush parades his "faith" to the public because he knows that the majority of Americans that vote are Christian.

Navy Pride said:
Teacher, and I use the term loosely, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can not fool all of the people all of the time..........Now go to your room.......

Funny how you can address me, yet still not answer that one question. How about this. Do you also go by "voice of reason"? Picture sure looks the same. So that little "fool some people" bit is quite weak. You're attempt at deflection and discrediting eh? If what I know is indeed true, you're pitiful and not worth it. And in the spirit of getting along.....when making crosses use wood that is very porous, it holds the gasoline better.

And how many times do I have to tell you people, teacher is always lowercase, even when starting a sentence.

Navy Pride said:
We hate big governement..........

But you grow it faster than even a damn communist would.

Navy Pride said:

1. Pretty much every Republican in power that I can think of is Pro-Life. If you are Pro-Life, then you are for banning all abortions under all circumstances. Anything less than that, and your by definition, Pro-Choice.

2. Almost all the Republicans in power, are “Theo-Cons” they almost all want prayer in schools and Creationism taught as an alternative theory to evolution (even though they call it something else). Many Republicans have even argued that teaches should read bible verses in the classroom.

Of course, it’s kind of a mute point, because Republicans when you get down to it, are really for privatizing public education.

They are the party in power and all they have done since taking power is make sure all their big contributing friends have everything they want. They doll out more corporate welfare to their big contributing industries in one year than what is paid out to welfare recipients in 20. They are nothing but a bunch of bought and paid for, corrupt, cheap labor conservatives and they will never do anything about those “moral issues” because they want to be able to use them as wedge issues every election year. Our entire society for the last 100 years has been built upon liberal and progressive policies, and during that time the Repugs haven’t managed to get crap done for 90% of the people who vote for them aside from a couple of marginal tax cuts.

ANAV said:
I know, I'm an ETC(SS), been in for 16 yrs. Tomorrow night is initiation.

Congrats and thank you for your service.....I was a destroyer/cruiser guy....Retired after 21 years as and SKC.......I worked at the Naval Submarine Base Bangor with the Trident Submarines for 5 years after I retired.......You Sub guys earn that extra money........My hat is off to you........

Oh and wish I could be there although E7 Initiations have changed quite a bit since I made Chief in 1970.....To much political correctness........

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
But you grow it faster than even a damn communist would.

For your info I do not belong to any political party and when I say I don't believe in big Gov. I am speaking for myself.......

SouthernDemocrat said:
1. Pretty much every Republican in power that I can think of is Pro-Life. If you are Pro-Life, then you are for banning all abortions under all circumstances. Anything less than that, and your by definition, Pro-Choice.

2. Almost all the Republicans in power, are “Theo-Cons” they almost all want prayer in schools and Creationism taught as an alternative theory to evolution (even though they call it something else). Many Republicans have even argued that teaches should read bible verses in the classroom.

Of course, it’s kind of a mute point, because Republicans when you get down to it, are really for privatizing public education.

They are the party in power and all they have done since taking power is make sure all their big contributing friends have everything they want. They doll out more corporate welfare to their big contributing industries in one year than what is paid out to welfare recipients in 20. They are nothing but a bunch of bought and paid for, corrupt, cheap labor conservatives and they will never do anything about those “moral issues” because they want to be able to use them as wedge issues every election year. Our entire society for the last 100 years has been built upon liberal and progressive policies, and during that time the Repugs haven’t managed to get crap done for 90% of the people who vote for them aside from a couple of marginal tax cuts.

Yeah like Condy Rice, Laura Bush, Rudy Guiliani, Arnold S. and George Pataki, all Republicans and all pro choice..........I am not a Republican but at least in the Republican Party there is room for Pro Choice People..Just for kicks can you name me one prominent democrat politician who is Pro Life?

I will be waiting..........

Back
Top Bottom