• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The public cost for private health care (intersting facts)

Bergslagstroll

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have heard alot from Americans about the great public cost we have here in Europe for our public health care and that taxburden it lays on the citizen. So I made a easy comparision just for fun, between my country Sweden with public healthcare and USA with private healthcare, then it come to public spending.

The result thas intersting:

Then it comes to percent of GDP the diffrence is + 1,2 % Sweden 7,8 % USA 6,6 %

Then it comes to funding per capita the diffrences: -289 dollar Sweden 2213 US $ ppp USA 2593 US $ ppp

That means that we in Sweden only pay a bit more then you americans in taxes compared with our earnings and even less then you then it comes to US $ ppp. And at the same time you pay a lot more for your health care directly.

If you wondering how I got the stat I used this site: with data from this site: http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2825_495642_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

And I took tabel 6 and tabel 7 and then calculated it with tabel 10.

u guys have it pretty good in healthcare...

nkgupta80 said:
u guys have it pretty good in healthcare...

Yep atleast for the small cost compared to you americans. Like the basic fact that you almost pay as much as us then it comes to taxes and still have to pay alot by yourself.

It's also interesting to note that despite the fact that the U.S. spends more on healthcare per individual than any other nation our overall healthcare quality is only ranked 37th in the world. Sweden is number 3 and the life expectancy rate is higher than that of the U.S.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
It's also interesting to note that despite the fact that the U.S. spends more on healthcare per individual than any other nation our overall healthcare quality is only ranked 37th in the world. Sweden is number 3 and the life expectancy rate is higher than that of the U.S.

our healthcare system is getting fkd from all directions. Its a battle between doctors, insurance companies, and lawyers which in turn screws the patient over.

The best part is that the life expectancy rate is higher in Sweden than it is in the U.S. Could that be a result of a better healthcare system and a higher standard of living? I think so.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
The best part is that the life expectancy rate is higher in Sweden than it is in the U.S. Could that be a result of a better healthcare system and a higher standard of living? I think so.

Yep we have it so I don't really win with your system, but alot of americans seem to accept it. But the thing I think that as a foreigner you can think is really bad is that you as the richest countries in the world don't have free health care for children and free maternity health care. Ecpecially since you also pay much taxes for your health care.

Back
Top Bottom