• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the process in both parties is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

SHOOTER

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, if the RNC/GOPe were attempting to keep up pretenses, it appears that’s all gone now. During a CNBC interview Curly Haugland explains the RNC will select the republican nominee for president and the primary voters are irrelevant and inconsequential peons to be summarily dismissed.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...l-we-choose-our-nominee-not-the-voters-video/

run don run

Unconstitutional?

I agree that they are stupid, but these are processes set in place by private political parties and they get to pick their candidate by any method they want. They can use a dowsing rod and it wouldn't be unconstitutional. That's just silly talk.

Well, if the RNC/GOPe were attempting to keep up pretenses, it appears that’s all gone now. During a CNBC interview Curly Haugland explains the RNC will select the republican nominee for president and the primary voters are irrelevant and inconsequential peons to be summarily dismissed.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...l-we-choose-our-nominee-not-the-voters-video/

run don run
Sorry that is the way the system works and this is not new, as RR fans when he lost to Ford.

run don run

The title of your post is not supported by your discussion, the article you link, or the Constitution.

run don run

The parties are private organizations and can do what ever they want within the party rules.

The parties are private organizations and can do what ever they want within the party rules.

Moreover, they have the general power to change the rules as they see fit.

run don run

If that were truly the case, we wouldn't have Donald Trump or Ted Cruz in the first place. If anything, the process has too much democracy.

Moreover, they have the general power to change the rules as they see fit.

No rules were changed in the case of Colorado.........the recent whiners fiasco.

Hillary and Bernie have their own party threshold to cross pretty soon, if Bernie gets sacked.

The Constitution outlines the powers and limitations of the Federal Government, and where incorporated under the 14th Amendment, limitations applied to the States as well.

State Constitutions apply to the State governments; City and Town Charters to those entities.

NONE dictate the rules applying to organizations like political parties which are guided by bylaws when they are established. As long as they follow their own bylaws (and don't commit crimes doing so) they are acting "constitutionally" under the First Amendment.

"Unconstitutional"
FunnyPhoto11.jpg

I have been using this too much lately.

The parties can do whatever they want. They could even make the candidacy a hereditary post passed down to the eldest son through primogeniture if they really wanted to.

Last edited:
You do realize that political parties are private organizations, right? And they can set whatever the hell rules they want in order to govern who represents them in elections. Primaries and caucuses are not elections. Just like the Elks club or the Rotarians can set any rules they like for participation, so can political parties.

I sometimes despair and the lack of basic political knowledge possessed by most voters.

You do realize that political parties are private organizations, right? And they can set whatever the hell rules they want in order to govern who represents them in elections. Primaries and caucuses are not elections. Just like the Elks club or the Rotarians can set any rules they like for participation, so can political parties.

I sometimes despair and the lack of basic political knowledge possessed by most voters.

..and it's that status of being private orgs. that pisses me off when my tax $$$ go to pay for their elections. The only national elections the taxpayer should foot the bill for is the General Election in November.

..and it's that status of being private orgs. that pisses me off when my tax $$$ go to pay for their elections. The only national elections the taxpayer should foot the bill for is the General Election in November.

In what may be a first - and possibly a last - I agree with you.

Political parties themselves would undoubtedly much prefer to select their delegates at state conventions or through the caucus process, which is not paid for by taxpayers.

Last edited:
The Constitution outlines the powers and limitations of the Federal Government, and where incorporated under the 14th Amendment, limitations applied to the States as well.

State Constitutions apply to the State governments; City and Town Charters to those entities.

NONE dictate the rules applying to organizations like political parties which are guided by bylaws when they are established. As long as they follow their own bylaws (and don't commit crimes doing so) they are acting "constitutionally" under the First Amendment.

so trump wins the vote and cruz playing by the RNC rules gets the delegates,so my vote does not count, it is all about the party.well the republican party has lost me for ever.
i looked and i still do not see any rnc or dnc rules in the constitution.

That's actually one of many reasons why your thread title is wrong.

The system is archaic, stupid, and unfair as f&$K but it isn't unConstituional. The Republican and Democratic parties aren't branches of the government.

so you just thank my thread title is wrong,does it matter about the title,what matters is we have two parties in this REPUBLIC that will
disenfranchise millions of voters in the name of the party,and you thank the title of the thread is wrong,who cares .
the constitution speaks of the right to vote 5 times,it speaks to party rules -0- times,and you want to talk about the title,then change the title i could care less ,this is about our REPUBLIC,so you would rather talk about titles then the right to vote and have your vote count,come on man.

run don run

If that were truly the case, we wouldn't have Donald Trump or Ted Cruz in the first place. If anything, the process has too much democracy.

we never where a stinking democracy,we are however a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC,IF ANY THING THE PROCESS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
one man ,one woman, one vote,count them and the winner wins,none of this hocus pocus party rules.

run don run

NONE dictate the rules applying to organizations like political parties which are guided by bylaws when they are established. As long as they follow their own bylaws (and don't commit crimes doing so) they are acting "constitutionally" under the First Amendment.[/QUOTE

no you are wrong no it is one man one woman one vote,the constitution speaks of the right to vote 5 times,nowhere does it speak to parties or party rules.

run don run

so trump wins the vote and cruz playing by the RNC rules gets the delegates,so my vote does not count, it is all about the party.well the republican party has lost me for ever.

There aren't any for party primaries. As for the party losing you forever yea. if you are a member I wouldn't blame you if that do what some are saying they might do.
Now why hasn't the same happened in the DNC because of their crooked superdelegate system that they instituted quite some time ago.

we never where a stinking democracy,we are however a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC,IF ANY THING THE PROCESS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
one man ,one woman, one vote,count them and the winner wins,none of this hocus pocus party rules.

run don run

Political parties are private organizations. They can field candidates however they like.

Political parties are private organizations. They can field candidates however they like.

yes they are and yes they can,so trump has over two million more votes then cruz,what happened to one man one woman one vote,the party system is corrupt and unconstitutional,the fix is in and the RNC had better catch their head .
i thank the RNC has gone to far with their anti TRUMP bs,TRUMP will win and the rnc will have to deal with him then what.
i could care less about the parties this is about our great REPUBLIC ,not the RNC,or their rules,just tell me how a candidate wins a state and does not get a plurality of the delegates,tell me what is constitutional about that,party rules do not superseded the constitution,it is one man one woman one vote,the party rules be damned .
so you are for party rule and throwing the constitution under the party buss,come on man,the RNC is digging it's own grave,and have no one to blame but their leadership,that has their collective heads in 1972,i thank the party might want to join the 21st century ,all one has to do in go to GOOGLE and find just how corrupt cruz and kasich are,they are bought and paid for.
what i find funny about the RNC is how they are always quoting RONALD REAGAN ,and yet REAGAN would not be conservative enough for the clutch of wing nuts that run the RNC.

run don run

There aren't any for party primaries. As for the party losing you forever yea. if you are a member I wouldn't blame you if that do what some are saying they might do.
Now why hasn't the same happened in the DNC because of their crooked superdelegate system that they instituted quite some time ago.

i agree and thank the DNC is just as bad if not worse,pox on both of their houses,i am a conservative ,i am not a right wing conservative wing nut though,like most Americans i am in the middle,and find no room for voters like me in either party .

run don run

yes they are and yes they can,so trump has over two million more votes then cruz,what happened to one man one woman one vote,the party system is corrupt and unconstitutional,the fix is in and the RNC had better catch their head .
i thank the RNC has gone to far with their anti TRUMP bs,TRUMP will win and the rnc will have to deal with him then what.
i could care less about the parties this is about our great REPUBLIC ,not the RNC,or their rules,just tell me how a candidate wins a state and does not get a plurality of the delegates,tell me what is constitutional about that,party rules do not superseded the constitution,it is one man one woman one vote,the party rules be damned .
so you are for party rule and throwing the constitution under the party buss,come on man,the RNC is digging it's own grave,and have no one to blame but their leadership,that has their collective heads in 1972,i thank the party might want to join the 21st century ,all one has to do in go to GOOGLE and find just how corrupt cruz and kasich are,they are bought and paid for.
what i find funny about the RNC is how they are always quoting RONALD REAGAN ,and yet REAGAN would not be conservative enough for the clutch of wing nuts that run the RNC.

run don run

The constitution regulates state and federal elections. Being private organizations, the constitution doesn't regulate party nominations, therefore party processes can't be unconstitutional.

They have every right to dig their own grave, honestly I hope they do.

Back
Top Bottom