• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The problems with food pantries....

Hell no it doesn't matter. If you are really hungry, you'll eat anything.

There are also plenty of people who take advantage of such programs who don't really need to. They just show up at a church or something and take food away from the TRULY needy. :roll:

:lol: I'd like to see Marcus go up to those nice little church ladies and tell them that they are feeding him crap, and he deserves better. I bet they'd beat him half to death with their purses.

:lol: I'd like to see Marcus go up to those nice little church ladies and tell them that they are feeding him crap, and he deserves better. I bet they'd beat him half to death with their purses.

Lol!

3probi.jpg

I understand that. But criticizing me for coming on this forum complaining isn't helping me do anything but complain more.

The main thing I am trying to say is that food pantries always givs you food from 1900s and not current food. How would you like it if you were only given plain old cheerios, unflavord milk, cannd vegetabls, spagetti strings but no meat sauce, and a slight-to-moderate load of tomato-related products?' You call that helping the hunger?

If you don't like it, go buy food elsewhere. They don't owe you a damn thing.

I am very stressd and unhappy with the services me and my mom is receiving. Because we are in a deep situation (little to no food in the house, going to Mcdonald's to get free food is getting difficult as the year passes, constantly having to call a relativ to bring me food, on the edge of going door-to-door literally begging to food, etc), we hav to go to food pantries. However, going to food pantries are even worse because of the following reasons:

1. Food Pantries Food are way too outdated: These food pantries just luv to lend out canned food (which nobody even eats anymore), cereal with no artifical flavor, food that requires additional food, nothing to drink, no desserts, and food that is just too old. This isn't helping the people dying of starvation, this is just making them worse. When will the current food be given? There has only been ONE time where the food pantry gave me some chips and a few with yogurt and pudding. Seriously, who is giving these people stuff?

2. Food Pantries only givs out donated food: Another reason why food pantries sucks, they only take food people donated. The worse thing is? These donators are often the cause for the number 1 reason. No actual generous person donates frosted flakes, egs, bacon, cocoa puffs, marshmellows, or anything that would now be considerd delicious. They just donate expired and outdated food that no one eats anymore. Another solution to this was to hav the food pantry employees go to the local grocery store and buy a whole bunch of current food, not accept food that people don't like.

3. Food Pantries consists of a long wait: Another issue, you go into the food pantry and take a ticket. Then, wait for possibily an hour or so while the food pantry staff sits there and talk, get food prepared, and get guest information. Why not just cum in and just get the food in a singl fashion line? This is absolutely why food pantries get overcrowded. Seriously, it seems that rich people get all of the good benefits as opposed to poor people.

More reasins to cum. Thanks.

Also, this post contains several spelling jokes. I know how to spell 'come', 'give' and 'have'. I just hav the feeling to spell them differently.

Have you heard the saying "Beggars can't be choosers"? It applies here. They're giving you food for free, be grateful, and if you want something else, buy it yourself.

How would you like it if you were only given plain old cheerios, unflavord milk, cannd vegetabls, spagetti strings but no meat sauce, and a slight-to-moderate load of tomato-related products?

If I had nothing else to eat and they gave me that stuff free, I'd like it a lot.

This thread is hilarious (not really). I don't believe the OP for a second. Anyway, I've never personally taken a handout (probably could have qualified in my youth but my dad never allowed it, not even the reduced lunches etc). I have worked with food lifeline and other organizations. This is entirely bogus. If anything the issue has been running out of food (not the quality of food) at food banks. This thread doesn't really highlight the reasons we have this safety net. It's just trolling cons so that they will say 'mean' things, at least that is what I see.

:lol: Sorry. We make that a lot during the summer (sans the sausage and mozz) because it's really light. It gets so unbelievable hot down here from about May to about October, that we don't eat anything heavy. We eat salads, we grill out a lot, etc. Definitely nothing to give you a food hangover.

I know what you mean. It's already getting kinda hot; when I'm working I don't each much of anything for lunch. Trying to work through the heat of the afternoon on a full stomach is miserable in June/Jul/Aug.

Yup. Almost 90 yesterday. I skipped breakfast and lunch. I didn't eat anything at all until I made dinner around 530. Just too hot, and anything you eat, it just seems to stay with you for so long.

Like I told an LT long ago, "Sir we are being baited. If we go down this trail we are going to eat a crap sandwich."

The OP is as bogus as a Hooker's smile. having done a bit of work with food closets I can say the food is very 'modern' and there are a variety of deserts. cans predominate because they don't need power to store, both at the closet and in the end user's home. But there is hamburger and even some microwave stuff.

So I'm inclined to think the OP is a sock or bait to stir the 'get a job ya bum' crowd up.

It's possible.

Marcus asserts he is recently turned 18, and has some sort of cognitive/personality/learning disorder. I think he may have mentioned Aspergers or autism. If true, that might explain some things.

Or he might be a 22yo college student who thinks its fun to pretend to be a personality disordered teenager and bait strangers with nonsense. Who knows...

Yup. Almost 90 yesterday. I skipped breakfast and lunch. I didn't eat anything at all until I made dinner around 530. Just too hot, and anything you eat, it just seems to stay with you for so long.

I refer to it as my summer weight loss program. It's not as easy to keep it in check after 40 but the heat helps.

Wow, you guys are nothing but stubborn asswipes.

First off, do you guys know what a troll is? If you do, why the **** are you coming to the immediate conclusion that I am a 'troll'? Just because somebody posts something severely controversial doesn't make them a troll.

Some are questioning whether you are sincere, or making things up just to be controversial and cause an uproar. That is one way of "trolling".

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, myself, but you've given me cause to wonder several times, in this thread and others.

Secondly, I'll say this again: Bashing me because I am complaining isn't doing anything but making me complain more. It doesn't work that way.

Our function is not to cause you to stop complaining. Nor is our function to offer false sympathy or pat you on the head and say "Awwww, that's tewwible."

We're telling you that complaining about free food because it is not exactly to your taste is a selfish and ungrateful thing. We're telling you that you need to look inside yourself and re-examine your attitude. We're telling you that you need to consider what things would be like for you if NOBODY gave you ANY food... which they are under NO OBLIGATION to do. We're telling you that society at large considers it unacceptible to complain about freebies given to you by others out of the kindness of their hearts merely because you wanted certain other types and flavors of food. If you were complaining that the food was rotten or contaminated that would be different, but you're merely complaining that it is not exactly the sort of food you find most tasty and desireable. We're trying to get you to realize that the alternative, NO FOOD AT ALL, is far worse and that except for the charity of others that is where you'd be.

Some of us are trying to get you to realize that changing your circumstances regarding food is NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S RESPONSIBILITY.... it is YOURS. Get a job. Find some work. Ask the neighbors if there is anything you can do for them for a few bucks. Get some money and BUY what you LIKE to eat. Your circumstances are not going to improve dramatically until/unless you or your family take ACTION to make it happen.

Until then you're dependent on the charity of others, and it ill behooves the recipient of charity to complain that free food does not suit their refined palate.

If you got NOTHING for a week or two, you'd be damn glad to get a box of plain Cheerios thereafter, guaranteed.

Hint: it isn't all about you. People give to food banks what they can afford to give... some people give even when they really can't afford it out of the goodness of their hearts... you're insulting your benefactors with these complaints and that is mean and unworthy.

Some are questioning whether you are sincere, or making things up just to be controversial and cause an uproar. That is one way of "trolling".

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, myself, but you've given me cause to wonder several times, in this thread and others.

Our function is not to cause you to stop complaining. Nor is our function to offer false sympathy or pat you on the head and say "Awwww, that's tewwible."

We're telling you that complaining about free food because it is not exactly to your taste is a selfish and ungrateful thing. We're telling you that you need to look inside yourself and re-examine your attitude. We're telling you that you need to consider what things would be like for you if NOBODY gave you ANY food... which they are under NO OBLIGATION to do. We're telling you that society at large considers it unacceptible to complain about freebies given to you by others out of the kindness of their hearts merely because you wanted certain other types and flavors of food. If you were complaining that the food was rotten or contaminated that would be different, but you're merely complaining that it is not exactly the sort of food you find most tasty and desireable. We're trying to get you to realize that the alternative, NO FOOD AT ALL, is far worse and that except for the charity of others that is where you'd be.

Some of us are trying to get you to realize that changing your circumstances regarding food is NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S RESPONSIBILITY.... it is YOURS. Get a job. Find some work. Ask the neighbors if there is anything you can do for them for a few bucks. Get some money and BUY what you LIKE to eat. Your circumstances are not going to improve dramatically until/unless you or your family take ACTION to make it happen.

Until then you're dependent on the charity of others, and it ill behooves the recipient of charity to complain that free food does not suit their refined palate.

If you got NOTHING for a week or two, you'd be damn glad to get a box of plain Cheerios thereafter, guaranteed.

Hint: it isn't all about you. People give to food banks what they can afford to give... some people give even when they really can't afford it out of the goodness of their hearts... you're insulting your benefactors with these complaints and that is mean and unworthy.

For a moment, I thought you were going to be blunt with him.

Wow, you guys are nothing but stubborn asswipes.

First off, do you guys know what a troll is? If you do, why the **** are you coming to the immediate conclusion that I am a 'troll'? Just because somebody posts something severely controversial doesn't make them a troll.

Secondly, I'll say this again: Bashing me because I am complaining isn't doing anything but making me complain more. It doesn't work that way.

It's obvious that the people on this forum just can't handl controversial topics and irrelevent bitching since all you guys do is accuse people of being a troll JUST because they post sumthing oddly unusual and strange.

You guys are just....I'm not going to say it.

Maybe you should take up hunting your own food?

nevermind!

Ok this topic is getting old. Someone call Letterman (we'll see how many of us remember the Electric Company), remove the (r) from the thread title and totally change this discussion.

From personal experience, the problem with food pantries is that people who do not qualify, love to take things, then drive away in their Lexus while talking on their Obamaphone.

From personal experience, the problem with food pantries is that people who do not qualify, love to take things, then drive away in their Lexus while talking on their Obamaphone.

What is a ''food pantry?''

It's a place (often by churches) that houses donated food, and then gives it to needy families, most of who are quite grateful.

Aaah..they are called food banks here..

Big supermarkets contribute..every Sunday a guy calls at my house and I contribute...

People abuse them here too..There was a documentary about these places..most of the people had got into trouble borrowing money..but one guy had his own business..his own house and would take his small son around these places..

Despicable if you ask me!!

Back
Top Bottom