• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The problem with God

Rev. said:
No, Paul wasn't skeptical at all. He was 100% CONVINCED that Christians were WRONG, they were HERETICS and BLASPHEMERS of the Name of the Most Holy God. He devoted his every effort to exterminating them. Those are hardly the actions of a skeptic.

Yea, if Paul was alive today, (without having conversed with Jesus, of course) he'd be an atheist. He thought Jesus was an imposter. He persecuted Christians, dragging them from their homes and sending them to prison. He even watched with approval while the subapostle Stephen was stoned to death. After Saul's conversion, it took a little for the disciples to place trust in him.

Thomas doubted. But what did he doubt? The existence of God? No, he was a good Jew. Believing in God was as natural as breathing. What he doubted was that the man he called "Rabbi," who he saw crucified, dead and buried HAD RISEN AGAIN. Yes, he doubted that. Who could blame him?

Yes, who could blame him? He sought evidence of Jesus' resurection. And believing in a celestrial, supernatural God was customary in times with no internet, radio, television, or any modern technologies.

Your behavior here hasn't resembled the actions of a skeptic.

Provide evidence and I'll convert, until then, I'll let you get back to conversing with your imaginary friend.

A skeptic would have questions, yes, but then would thoughtfully consider the answer and either accept them, reject them, or raise new questions based on what he has been told. You, on the otherhand, seem pretty convinced in your position. You ignore the answers to your questions and repeat your same old questions and accusations more aggressively.

Look, it's not like Christians are mindless, obedient little sheep or anything.:lol: It just could be that your clan has a very good reason to believe. Just maybe they can find complacency in believing that they are talking to an imaginary friend who tortured his son to death in order to save mankind from him. Christians for the most part are usually intelligent, rational, people, and the only difference that I can see between atheists and Christians is that we decide not to postulate to the existance of a murderous, jealous, insecure, conceited, invisable sky gremlin.:lol:

I really encourage you to think about some of the things that have been said here.

I have, but you honestly can't expect me to convert without even being presented a shred of evidence, do ya?

If you end up concluding there is not God...fine. But the interesting thing is, your questions all come from the assumption that there is. I think your real problem is resolving a "theoretical" God with the one you experience. If you could put aside your prejudices, you might find a way to resolve the two.

Best of luck.

Excuse me for not buying into things without adaquate evidence first. If the supernatural is proven, it will be natural then. O, and just for sake of argument, you are talking about Allah, right?:lol:

kal-el said:
Why make the word "wrong" an adverb?
It is an adverb because it qualifies "spelling". It answers the question "how was
the spelling done?" It was done wrongly.

For God's sake this is a ****ing internet forum, and correcting grammar mistakes is atomic, if not downright juvenile.
So you are allowed to do it (post #100) but others aren't?

I shall refrain from being juvenile and not correct the error in the final sentence
of your latest posting.

Thinker said:
It is an adverb because it qualifies "spelling". It answers the question "how was
the spelling done?" It was done wrongly.

Fair enough then.

So you are allowed to do it (post #100) but others aren't?

I even said it was petty, if he spelled something wrong, I wouldn't even mentioned it; it's just that double-negaitives get me on edge. I have only corrected someone's grammer once or twice since I was here.

I shall refrain from being juvenile and not correct the error in the final sentence
of your latest posting.

I appreciate that.:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom