• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Prime Minister of Libya Has Been Seized By Gunmen-BBC

So we announce that we worked with the Libyans to snatch al Libi and all of a sudden the PM gets snatched....surprise, surprise.

His security was outnumbered I guess.

His security was outnumbered I guess.

Probably the same team that ran security at the Embassy in Benghazi

Costly mistake by USA - broke sovereignty.
TRIPOLI, Libya — Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zidan was snatched by gunmen before dawn Thursday from a Tripoli hotel where he resides, the government said. The abduction appeared to be in retaliation for the U.S. special forces raid over the weekend that seized a Libyan al-Qaida suspect from the streets of the capital.
From Washington Post.

It's gonna be a prisoner exchange game.

Sucks to be him. i figured he was not in the best position given the number of factions looking to operate in the country. kadaffy may have been wacky to us, but it would seem that cruel and paranoid leaders seem to be the best for surviving on their own in countries like that. We just need to ignore it and let it happen. Unless the republicans want to go ahead and let things through so we can help libya it is tough tittie for them because we have problems of our own with local terrorists hijacking the US government and shutting it down. We casnnot police the world without some massive help from other countries, and since that is not there let us take care of ourselves. Abandon libya and move on.

We will see how it goes.

Unfortunately they will dramatize it, push for more expenditures, and somehow make it worse. He failed to protect our embassy or allow us to enter the country with military during the benghazi attack so not much we can do there buddy. perhaps he should have allowed big brother US to come in and help and save our people. he wanted to go it alone and now he should be alone. But I am sure they will not do that. There is probably something in libya we want. Or I should say something that is desired by the US money and power system. That does not seem to include me so we doesn't apply.

Probably the same team that ran security at the Embassy in Benghazi

Not-funny.gif

Well we didn't hesitate to negotiate with the terrorists this time.
I suspect The US had nothing to do with that negotiation.
Keep in mind that in some parts of the world a political hack,
is someone who shows up at your house in the middle of the night,
and hacks your Family to pieces.
A message was likely sent, that they knew who the kidnappers were, and where their Families were.

Back
Top Bottom