• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The President's Racism

Rhetoric. What does go on benefits the Democrats. And we know Democrats have 0 respect for the rule of law.

The Dems want more people to vote...the GOP wants fewer people to vote - that's been proven. In fact, that's precisely what the founder of the Heritage Foundation - Paul Weyrich - said before an audience that included Ronald Reagan: "I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

You and I both know what this is about...yes, you do. There never has been widespread in-person voter fraud (which is all that the voter-ID laws is supposed to prevent) - it's a red herring, and an excuse to keep more people from voting.

And y'all have somehow deluded yourselves into thinking that's somehow a patriotic thing to do.

The Dems want more people to vote...the GOP wants fewer people to vote - that's been proven. In fact, that's precisely what the founder of the Heritage Foundation - Paul Weyrich - said before an audience that included Ronald Reagan: "I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

You and I both know what this is about...yes, you do. There never has been widespread in-person voter fraud (which is all that the voter-ID laws is supposed to prevent) - it's a red herring, and an excuse to keep more people from voting.

And y'all have somehow deluded yourselves into thinking that's somehow a patriotic thing to do.

We already know what your take on patriotism is.

We have enough of a sample size by now that we can show that Mr. Obama doesn't back our police department and is racist. Here are some of the quotes:

Ferguson:

So even though Officer Wilson was innocent of all charges, he still claimed that the nation is racist.

Baltimore:

Again, the presumption that the officers were racist is part of the narrative.

Baton Rouge:

Again, Obama is proclaiming the officers involved guilty without considering the facts.

St. Paul:

One last assumption that the white officer only shot because he encountered a black man.

Clearly, President Obama assumes white people are guilty of racism and the only white people are to blame for any nationally televised issues. If the President wants to heal racial issues, he needs to start with himself and stop assuming our law enforcement officers are guilty. Instead of presuming our law enforcement is guilty, try following the law and allowing the justice system to do its job. I know that is a foreign concept to Democrats, especially after they supported the farce of a finding regarding Clinton, but it is usually a nonpartisan and fair system.

even with the quotes not being so accurate and taken out of context, by definition there is not one factual example of racism in your post . . not one :shrug:
what you did is actually what you accuse him of, you assume and you do it very poorly and dishonestly LMAO Best part is I think he can be kneejerk on these issues but theres ZERO evidence of factual racism . . . ZERO. Your assumption is part of the problem and not part of the solutions. Its the very thing you are trying (and failing) to condemn. Its a nonsensical, illogical, dishonest, retarded fluff and hype assumption with no support.

:failpail:

You can say that all you'd like, but nothing you've cited has backed up that claim.

Good luck with your magical thinking and fantasy life.

The Black Panthers skating backs up that claim. Tell me how it does not?

They were black. If it were a white AG and they were white bullies the uproar would last a whole news cycle. You want things equal let Blacks take same responsibilty and have all of their actions picked apart.

Argument By Hypothetical.

Argument By Hypothetical.

We have seen it. Or should I say we haven't? The media will not cover anything that might damage the agenda. White people are killed by black cops.

Of course, you would never know that happens.

So you still can't show any racism?

Got it. Thanks.

You saying it is not racism means nothing. It is your opinion. Take that into consideration before you spout absolutes about anything.

You saying it is not racism means nothing. It is your opinion. Take that into consideration before you spout absolutes about anything.

I haven't spouted any absolutes.

Please rephrase that in better English before addressing me again.

Sucks that you STILL can't show any racism.

I haven't spouted any absolutes.

Please rephrase that in better English before addressing me again.

Sucks that you STILL can't show any racism.

Condescending, and not worth an answer.

We already know what your take on patriotism is.

Then you've got a different definition of patriotism than I do, since you apparently support having only those people vote who are like you...which is how America was in the days before women's suffrage, and before the end of Jim Crow.

I quite agree. Every normal family - regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion - wants peace, wants prosperity, wants a good life for the family.

But are there factors that tear apart the family unit? Of course. Drugs and alcohol are usually blamed...but the big ones, the two great overriding factors in the destruction of the family unit, are poverty and lack of education...because all too often, the drugs and alcohol are reactions to the poverty, the lack of hope, and the lack of education. Sound reasonable?

Hmm. Few more things to that list. Teenage pregnancy, absent fathers, lack of the instilled value that education is the way out. Legal entanglements, and gang entanglements, and over all it would seem a general lack of discipline of the young. The way up and out and forward isn't difficult to detail, nor to grasp, but challenging to execute.

Recall the one mother who's video went viral on the Internet, who drove her teenage son from the protest / riot (whatever it was) back home. It went viral because there's a general perception of lack of discipline among that community, and there was a demonstration of such, and went viral with support of such.

You don't believe that in a single parent house hold, while mom's away earning the daily bread that the teenagers aren't running wild in the neighborhood, getting into all kinds of trouble, both gang and legal?

If I recall, there are many low cost - no cost day time summer camps providing safe and more structured activities run by cities, PAL, churches, communities, etc. All one has to do is to sign up and drop the kid off for the day.

Teenage pregnancy, absent fathers, lack of the instilled value that education is the way out. Legal entanglements, and gang entanglements, and over all it would seem a general lack of discipline of the young. The way up and out and forward isn't difficult to detail, nor to grasp, but challenging to execute.

You don't believe that in a single parent house hold, while mom's away earning the daily bread that the teenagers aren't running wild in the neighborhood, getting into all kinds of trouble, both gang and legal?

All of this is glamorized in the thug culture of rap and hip hop, then white racism is blamed for it's fall out. :bs

Then you've got a different definition of patriotism than I do, since you apparently support having only those people vote who are like you...which is how America was in the days before women's suffrage, and before the end of Jim Crow.

I don't really think there are different kinds of patriotism, just different ways to defend the country you love. And I didn't mean you.

Historically, it's usually conservatives that have racist policies...IE: Slavery, Jim Crow, Black code laws, segregation, red lining, etc.

You're right, conservatives racial policies haven't changed for over 150 years. IE: racial coding, voter ID laws, harsher sentencing laws, anti-immigration laws, anti-healthcare, anti-minimum wage, racial profiling, hate crimes against minorities, revisionist history....etc.

Yes you covered all the BS propaganda talking points,,,,nice try .....Tell me, what is it like to have to rely on racial division to advance your ideology?

Yes you covered all the BS propaganda talking points,,,,nice try .....Tell me, what is it like to have to rely on racial division to advance your ideology?

Your stupid, revisionist history failed. ha ha boo hoo.

Last edited:
Hmm. Few more things to that list. Teenage pregnancy, absent fathers, lack of the instilled value that education is the way out. Legal entanglements, and gang entanglements, and over all it would seem a general lack of discipline of the young. The way up and out and forward isn't difficult to detail, nor to grasp, but challenging to execute.

Recall the one mother who's video went viral on the Internet, who drove her teenage son from the protest / riot (whatever it was) back home. It went viral because there's a general perception of lack of discipline among that community, and there was a demonstration of such, and went viral with support of such.

If I recall, there are many low cost - no cost day time summer camps providing safe and more structured activities run by cities, PAL, churches, communities, etc. All one has to do is to sign up and drop the kid off for the day.

Look at the above bolded parts - those are all significantly more common in poverty-ridden areas...and not just in America. Anywhere you go, the poor and poorly-educated have much more of those same problems than those who are not so poor, not so poorly-educated. It's not just blacks, either - look at the Native Americans who tend to live in areas that are poor, where the schools are poorly funded. Do they have the same kind of problems listed above? Yep...with the possible exception of gang entanglements (which may be due more to the fact that Native Americans tend to not be clustered in urban environments).

What I'm getting at is that it's not just the centuries of slavery and the near-century of Jim Crow (and the ongoing racism that we do see even today), but it's also the poverty and the lack of education.

It's as if the Right expected that as soon as blacks were declared "equal", they could immediately overcome centuries of brutal oppression. I think you'd have to agree that it's not easy for a family that's had little or no education for many generations to suddenly become 'educated'...but this is precisely the kind of obstacle blacks had to overcome beginning with the Civil Rights Act. Though there were many exceptions to the rule, many - and perhaps most - black families did not have longstanding familial traditions of fluent literacy, much less higher education. When they as a people are faced with such daunting obstacles, how could we possibly expect that they could overcome those obstacles as a people in only two or three generations?

How can we look down our noses at them and blame them for their societal failings when the obstacles they faced - poverty, lack of education, and the lack of familial traditions of fluency and higher education (all of which was NOT their fault) - are obstacles that we whites never faced anywhere to the same degree?

It's not black society or black culture that's the problem - it's the lack of opportunity, made worse by the lack of funding for majority-black schools...and exacerbated all the more by those of our fellow whites who denigrate them for not having already risen above obstacles that we whites never faced as a people.

Look at the above bolded parts - those are all significantly more common in poverty-ridden areas...and not just in America. Anywhere you go, the poor and poorly-educated have much more of those same problems than those who are not so poor, not so poorly-educated. It's not just blacks, either - look at the Native Americans who tend to live in areas that are poor, where the schools are poorly funded. Do they have the same kind of problems listed above? Yep...with the possible exception of gang entanglements (which may be due more to the fact that Native Americans tend to not be clustered in urban environments).

What I'm getting at is that it's not just the centuries of slavery and the near-century of Jim Crow (and the ongoing racism that we do see even today), but it's also the poverty and the lack of education.

It's as if the Right expected that as soon as blacks were declared "equal", they could immediately overcome centuries of brutal oppression. I think you'd have to agree that it's not easy for a family that's had little or no education for many generations to suddenly become 'educated'...but this is precisely the kind of obstacle blacks had to overcome beginning with the Civil Rights Act. Though there were many exceptions to the rule, many - and perhaps most - black families did not have longstanding familial traditions of fluent literacy, much less higher education. When they as a people are faced with such daunting obstacles, how could we possibly expect that they could overcome those obstacles as a people in only two or three generations?

How can we look down our noses at them and blame them for their societal failings when the obstacles they faced - poverty, lack of education, and the lack of familial traditions of fluency and higher education (all of which was NOT their fault) - are obstacles that we whites never faced anywhere to the same degree?

It's not black society or black culture that's the problem - it's the lack of opportunity, made worse by the lack of funding for majority-black schools...and exacerbated all the more by those of our fellow whites who denigrate them for not having already risen above obstacles that we whites never faced as a people.

So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

Lets have a pity party for the poor black man :violin

Irrelevant.

I see. You're so quick to assume others don't defend or have never defended this nation...yet are unwilling to discuss what you yourself have done in that same vein. Are you a chickenhawk, one who's so eager to send our nation to war to "defend freedom", but is unwilling to be in the military yourself, or unwilling to send your own sons? Maybe...and maybe not. I have no way of knowing.

But I do know this - if there's something that burns me no end, it's chickenhawks like Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney and Donald Trump and Ted Nugent, men who begged their way out of the draft because of this or that bogus health problem, but who are SO doggone eager to send our troops to invade nations they don't like...and so send our own sons to die on the fields of battle.

I spent twenty years in the Navy, and I utterly despise those who are unwilling to serve themselves, but are so doggone eager to send our men and women in uniform into combat zones, and who are so eager to claim that those who are against such military adventurism are somehow unpatriotic. I think back to a quote by one of the greatest diplomats in history, Otto von Bismarck: "Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war."

Would that Limbaugh or Cheney or Trump or Nugent had ever had the courage to be there, to comfort those who are dying in service to their country...that any of the four of them would have the courage to ask themselves if war was ever "worth it".

Are you a chickenhawk? I don't know. I earnestly hope not.

Back
Top Bottom