• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The President's Racism

Yeah, right. So rioting, burning down and looting their own neighborhood - damaging their own local economy, assassinating cops is just sooooo much better an action to take? Really?

I also notice that you didn't speak to the underlying value and value system issue that I raised.

Let me get this straight - are you claiming that they're somehow less human than whites since they have (in your apparent view) a less-effective "underlying value and value system"? I guess whites or other races who've been in such situations (prejudice against them with no recourse to the police or to the courts) have never done the same kind of thing throughout all history. It's only those blacks, huh?

When, oh when will y'all get a clue that humans are humans are humans, that what one set does really isn't that much different from what we ourselves would do, given the same social, economic, and religious circumstances?

I guess the president is not suppose to tell the truth about racism wow...the police are more important than the president??? The president cant say a word about police negativity or if they make a mistake?? what country do you live in??? what have you been smoking boss!!!

The part above, that I colored red, is the problem.

If Obama were racist against white people or anti-Police (both of which are equally absurd assertions), he would have most certainly not come out in favor of gun control (like he did) after the Dallas sniping:

Obama Says Police Have Hard Time in Communities With Lots of Guns

Furthermore, he wouldn't be downplaying the Black Lives Matter movement, or the poor relations the Police have toward minorities, and he would have brought up the Drug War.

After Philando Castile’s Killing, Obama Calls Police Shootings ‘an American Issue’

08_MINNESOTA_jp1_master768.jpg

“When incidents like this occur, there’s a big chunk of our citizenry that feels as if, because of the color of their skin, they are not being treated the same, and that hurts, and that should trouble all of us," Mr. Obama said in a statement on Thursday after arriving in Warsaw for a NATO summit.

“This is not just a black issue, not just a Hispanic issue. This is an American issue that we all should care about.”

All the State Capitalist superclass and American Industrial-Militants care about is preservation of the Nation-State, to hell with victims of racially-targeted maniac, militarized police.

Obama focuses on supporting police
Obama Condemns Attack on Police in Baton Rouge, Promises Justice
Obama orders flags at half-staff for Baton Rouge police officers
What President Obama really thinks about the police

Yeah, he's totally anti-cop, despite his countless defenses of them, labeling members of BLM 'cowards', and record-high flags-at-half-mast in memorial of fallen police officers. Not to mention in almost every single encounter he typically paints the victims as 'criminals' or 'misguided'.
Make no mistake - Obama is steadfastly pro-Police State.
He will never highlight the police killings as a problem dealing with hatred or racism.
He will never bring up militarized police.
He will never bring up the drug war.
But he (or Hillary) will - surely enough - begin using this as an excuse for further gun control legislation.
Make no mistake.

Let me get this straight - are you claiming that they're somehow less human than whites since they have (in your apparent view) a less-effective "underlying value and value system"?

No, I never said anything about being "somehow less human than whites", those are your words.

But you also have to observe that there's a culture and a value system where many a number of bad behaviors are tolerated and are even encouraged. Just have to look at the exemplars from Rap, Gansta and not, and Hip Hop where 'slappin' yo hoe', cappin' that bro, and making money in the illicit drug trade is what it's all about. Is there any wonder why so many black youth are dying by their own hands? Is that a sign of a good value system?

I guess whites or other races who've been in such situations (prejudice against them with no recourse to the police or to the courts) have never done the same kind of thing throughout all history. It's only those blacks, huh?

When, oh when will y'all get a clue that humans are humans are humans, that what one set does really isn't that much different from what we ourselves would do, given the same social, economic, and religious circumstances?

Yes, humans are humans, and yes humans behave badly, sometimes waste their resources and opportunities chasing the wrong goals, and ignore the goals that would have done them well in the long run. And this is occurring in, and because of, a mal-adapted value system.

Two things:

One, when he referred to Ferguson, he wasn't referring to Wilson - he was referring to the Ferguson PD as a whole, where racism was "endemic" in the words of the DOJ. I don't suppose Fox News told you that one.

Two, once more, as in SO many other examples, it seems that to conservatives, the problem isn't the racism itself...but pointing out the racism. See, pointing out the racism only makes things worse, so the blacks are supposed to just be quiet and take it, I guess...and that's why you are so eager to blame Obama about anything that has to do with race. In your eyes, he's supposed to not mention it at all, but pretend the problem doesn't exist.

How incredibly conservative of you.

He was clearly blaming Officer Wilson and bought into the lie hands up don't shoot BS . Michael Brown was no college bound kid , Michael Brown was a thief and a bully . And that day officer Wilson was trying to do his job .

He was clearly blaming Officer Wilson and bought into the lie hands up don't shoot BS . Michael Brown was no college bound kid , Michael Brown was a thief and a bully . And that day officer Wilson was trying to do his job .

Ah. So can you show where the DOJ blamed Officer Wilson? No, you can't - they cleared him, as my link showed. They DID - as is also shown in the link I already provided - show that racism was endemic in the Ferguson PD.

But I get it - y'all just cannot even allow yourselves to think that maybe, just maybe there's still racism in the world. Instead, y'all seem to have convinced yourselves that racism magically disappeared, went away, and that the real racists are the ones who point it out.

No, I never said anything about being "somehow less human than whites", those are your words.

But you also have to observe that there's a culture and a value system where many a number of bad behaviors are tolerated and are even encouraged. Just have to look at the exemplars from Rap, Gansta and not, and Hip Hop where 'slappin' yo hoe', cappin' that bro, and making money in the illicit drug trade is what it's all about. Is there any wonder why so many black youth are dying by their own hands? Is that a sign of a good value system?

Yes, humans are humans, and yes humans behave badly, sometimes waste their resources and opportunities chasing the wrong goals, and ignore the goals that would have done them well in the long run. And this is occurring in, and because of, a mal-adapted value system.

Let's go with your claim about the blacks' "mal-adapted value system". How do you think it got that way?

Ah. So can you show where the DOJ blamed Officer Wilson? No, you can't - they cleared him, as my link showed. They DID - as is also shown in the link I already provided - show that racism was endemic in the Ferguson PD.

But I get it - y'all just cannot even allow yourselves to think that maybe, just maybe there's still racism in the world. Instead, y'all seem to have convinced yourselves that racism magically disappeared, went away, and that the real racists are the ones who point it out.

I fear you're expecting the impossible from the hilariously incapable.

Ah. So they (Holder and the scores of others involved in the investigation - also including all the reporters from all the networks who were there) just made up all their findings out of whole cloth. Everybody's lying about the racism except for those who are being accused of racism.

Got it.

No different that what you would call any group that said something different. Racism is omnipresent and responsible for everything wrong in this country, for you.

OMG! Really? Golly! How specifically is Holder racist?

He declined to prosecute members of the New Black Panthers intimidating voters in Philadelphia at a polling place. A serious crime.

Which doesn't even remotely begin to make him racist.

Swing, and a miss.

They were black. If it were a white AG and they were white bullies the uproar would last a whole news cycle. You want things equal let Blacks take same responsibilty and have all of their actions picked apart.

He declined to prosecute members of the New Black Panthers intimidating voters in Philadelphia at a polling place. A serious crime.

He also declined to prosecute the idiots in Nevada who refused to repay the taxpayers for allowing their cattle to graze on federal land...even when the idiots were obviously trying to intimidate the feds with their weapons (and their not-so-veiled threats). They paid a price later, but that was long after the initial confrontation that went unprosecuted.

But I get it - if Holder lets old (and strongly conservative) white guys get away with their actions (and with refusing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to the taxpayers), well, ha-RUMPH, hooray 'Murica! But if he lets a couple "New Black Panthers" (who overtly threatened no one) get away with "it", well, IT'S OBVIOUSLY RACISM AND WE CAN'T ALLOW IT TO STAND!!!!!

Of course, nobody says anything about the Right's voter-suppression efforts...but that's another story, I guess.

No different that what you would call any group that said something different. Racism is omnipresent and responsible for everything wrong in this country, for you.

Um, no. Just because you think one way doesn't mean that my thoughts or opinions are anything like that which you suppose.

They were black. If it were a white AG and they were white bullies the uproar would last a whole news cycle. You want things equal let Blacks take same responsibilty and have all of their actions picked apart.

Sorry, you can fantasize all you'd like about that act somehow, magically, making Holder racist, but it won't change reality.

Let's go with your claim about the blacks' "mal-adapted value system". How do you think it got that way?

I'm no social scientist, but were I to hazard a guess, I'd start with where do youth get their value systems from? Part comes from the culture in which they mature, media, music, entertainment, etc, but a far larger, far more significant part comes from the family unit.

I'm no social scientist, but were I to hazard a guess, I'd start with where do youth get their value systems from? Part comes from the culture in which they mature, media, music, entertainment, etc, but a far larger, far more significant part comes from the family unit.

Is there a race or ethnicity for which that last phrase is not equally true?

He also declined to prosecute the idiots in Nevada who refused to repay the taxpayers for allowing their cattle to graze on federal land...even when the idiots were obviously trying to intimidate the feds with their weapons (and their not-so-veiled threats). They paid a price later, but that was long after the initial confrontation that went unprosecuted.

But I get it - if Holder lets old (and strongly conservative) white guys get away with their actions (and with refusing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to the taxpayers), well, ha-RUMPH, hooray 'Murica! But if he lets a couple "New Black Panthers" (who overtly threatened no one) get away with "it", well, IT'S OBVIOUSLY RACISM AND WE CAN'T ALLOW IT TO STAND!!!!!

Of course, nobody says anything about the Right's voter-suppression efforts...but that's another story, I guess.

Funny you would think wanting a picture ID is suppression.

Is there a race or ethnicity for which that last phrase is not equally true?

Probably not. It seems to me that it's a pretty universal thing. The young incorporate their value systems largely from their family, and secondarily from the culture in which they are raised. It seems to ring as a true statement.

Sorry, you can fantasize all you'd like about that act somehow, magically, making Holder racist, but it won't change reality.

There is no magic involved. Holder is a racist. Deal with it.

Probably not. It seems to me that it's a pretty universal thing. The young incorporate their value systems largely from their family, and secondarily from the culture in which they are raised. It seems to ring as a true statement.

I quite agree. Every normal family - regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion - wants peace, wants prosperity, wants a good life for the family.

But are there factors that tear apart the family unit? Of course. Drugs and alcohol are usually blamed...but the big ones, the two great overriding factors in the destruction of the family unit, are poverty and lack of education...because all too often, the drugs and alcohol are reactions to the poverty, the lack of hope, and the lack of education. Sound reasonable?

Funny you would think that solving a almost-completely nonexistent problem at taxpayers' (and voters) expense is somehow a patriotic thing.

Rhetoric. What does go on benefits the Democrats. And we know Democrats have 0 respect for the rule of law.

Back
Top Bottom