• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The President's Racism

No one could prove that the particular incident involving Wilson was racially motivated. However, the DOJ DID prove - by the observations I listed in my previous comment - that racism was indeed endemic in the Ferguson PD.

Of course, y'all can never allow yourselves to even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe the DOJ was right. No matter what the evidence against a particular PD or against a particular officer, you cannot and must not allow yourselves to ever even THINK that maybe the blacks aren't making it all up as an eternal quest for victimhood.

They found what they wanted to find, so they could show they were "doing" something, that something includes trying to nationalize police forces.

and yet more of the same

You don't add to the threads, you just mindlessly, unjustifiably and without backing your case claim anything from the right is "Hate". If you were to lay out a good argument for your claims, logically defend them... even if I disagreed with your conclusions and thoughts I'd respect your position.

Right now, every damned post from you is summed up thusly:

Someone says something remotely conservative

Your reply:
Right Wing Hate!

If you aren't here to discuss issues, shoo. You take up forum space.

You do realize that your print is the exact same size? Maybe there is a setting on your device that is causing the problem.

The print size in the post above is the same size as my print size, yes, but the OP print size is so small I couldn't read it. Which you did on purpose by putting "" at the beginning and then the same with a "/SIZE and /FONT" inside brackets "[]" added at the end of the post.

We have enough of a sample size by now that we can show that Mr. Obama doesn't back our police department and is racist. Here are some of the quotes:

Ferguson:

So even though Officer Wilson was innocent of all charges, he still claimed that the nation is racist.

Baltimore:

Again, the presumption that the officers were racist is part of the narrative.

Baton Rouge:

Again, Obama is proclaiming the officers involved guilty without considering the facts.

St. Paul:

One last assumption that the white officer only shot because he encountered a black man.

Clearly, President Obama assumes white people are guilty of racism and the only white people are to blame for any nationally televised issues. If the President wants to heal racial issues, he needs to start with himself and stop assuming our law enforcement officers are guilty. Instead of presuming our law enforcement is guilty, try following the law and allowing the justice system to do its job. I know that is a foreign concept to Democrats, especially after they supported the farce of a finding regarding Clinton, but it is usually a nonpartisan and fair system.
Wow, I bet you believe that, oky doky

Obama forgot to mention that Ferguson has some of the most crime ridden neighborhoods. He also forgot to mention that the ferguson cops were harassed by city officials to clean up the joint........especially motor vehicle violations.

So cops doing what they were told to do by the citiy's leaders then.

You didn't read the article, did you? To wit:

The racial disparity in those statistics was so stark that the Justice Department has concluded in a report scheduled for release on Wednesday that there was only one explanation: The Ferguson Police Department was routinely violating the constitutional rights of its black residents.

The report, based on a six-month investigation, provides a glimpse into the roots of the racial tensions that boiled over in Ferguson last summer after a black teenager, Michael Brown, was fatally shot by a white police officer, making it a worldwide flash point in the debate over race and policing in America. It describes a city where the police used force almost exclusively on blacks and regularly stopped people without probable cause. Racial bias is so ingrained, the report said, that Ferguson officials circulated racist jokes on their government email accounts.

Those findings reinforce what the city’s black residents have been saying publicly since the shooting in August, that the criminal justice system in Ferguson works differently for blacks and whites. A black motorist who is pulled over is twice as likely to be searched as a white motorist, even though searches of white drivers are more likely to turn up drugs or other contraband, the report found.

Minor, largely discretionary offenses such as disturbing the peace and jaywalking were brought almost exclusively against blacks. When whites were charged with these crimes, they were 68 percent more likely to have their cases dismissed, the Justice Department found.

So...how are you going to explain all that away?

Why is it so far outside the conservative pale to admit that maybe, just maybe racism's still a huge freaking problem, that it's not just a matter of black 'victimhood'?

The longer this goes on, the more it seems the only reasonable LEO response is to just stop patrolling in these "most crime ridden neighborhoods" and to stop responding, lest they get gunned down doing so. This would be shortly follow by other first responders stopping to respond as well, due to lack of security.

I figure after a few years of this, the virulence of crime and violence in these neighborhood would have pretty much burned itself out, provided it doesn't spread from these neighborhoods.

Fundamentally, there's a significant difference in values and value systems which is the root cause here. In one value system it is perfectly acceptable and accepted to commit violence against your neighbor (or competing drug gang) where in the other it is not; perfectly acceptable and accepted to violently confront LEOs trying to maintaining the peace and enforcing the laws, and the other not.

Until the community alters their acceptable and accepted values and value system, the situation isn't going to change much, and LEOs will continue to be handed the near impossible task of maintaining the peace and enforcing the laws in spite of the acceptable and accepted behaviors of these neighborhoods. This change in acceptable and accepted values and value system cannot be imposed from outside the communities, and must adopted by these communities, and won't be, a long as we have the hateful race baiters such as Sharpton, Jackson, BLM, et. al. making money from inciting violence against LEOs.

S
The longer this goes on, the more it seems the only reasonable LEO response is to just stop patrolling in these "most crime ridden neighborhoods" and to stop responding, lest they get gunned down doing so.

It is already happening in a lot of major cities. In Houston we had cop sit in our parking lot most every day who was suppose to be patrolling one of Houston's worse neighborhood. He said he was tired of having his police car damaged and getting in trouble every time he tried to enforce the law. He actually had his police car stolen while interviewing a witness in their home. He said he needed to stay out of trouble for a few more weeks before he would be rotated out of that neighborhood. Plus he said all the problems he had in that neighborhood had already cost him a promotion.

This would be shortly follow by other first responders stopping to respond as well, due to lack of security.

That is already happening. Police are sent to protect emergency services or they won't go into certain neighborhoods at night.

It is already happening in a lot of major cities. In Houston we had cop sit in our parking lot most every day who was suppose to be patrolling one of Houston's worse neighborhood. He said he was tired of having his police car damaged and getting in trouble every time he tried to enforce the law. He actually had his police car stolen while interviewing a witness in their home. He said he needed to stay out of trouble for a few more weeks before he would be rotated out of that neighborhood. Plus he said all the problems he had in that neighborhood had already cost him a promotion.

That is already happening. Police are sent to protect emergency services or they won't go into certain neighborhoods at night.

Next thing that's going to happen is various gangs in these neighborhood are going to provide security (of some sort), summary legal justice (again of some sort), and security blockades (just like the Taliban and ISIS).

I wonder if society's response will be to put up walls to keep the two value systems separated from each other. Clearly, they can't seem to coexist.

When will these communities elect to join the rest of the civilized society?

So cops doing what they were told to do by the citiy's leaders then.

The longer this goes on, the more it seems the only reasonable LEO response is to just stop patrolling in these "most crime ridden neighborhoods" and to stop responding, lest they get gunned down doing so. This would be shortly follow by other first responders stopping to respond as well, due to lack of security.

I figure after a few years of this, the virulence of crime and violence in these neighborhood would have pretty much burned itself out, provided it doesn't spread from these neighborhoods.

Fundamentally, there's a significant difference in values and value systems which is the root cause here. In one value system it is perfectly acceptable and accepted to commit violence against your neighbor (or competing drug gang) where in the other it is not; perfectly acceptable and accepted to violently confront LEOs trying to maintaining the peace and enforcing the laws, and the other not.

Until the community alters their acceptable and accepted values and value system, the situation isn't going to change much, and LEOs will continue to be handed the near impossible task of maintaining the peace and enforcing the laws in spite of the acceptable and accepted behaviors of these neighborhoods. This change in acceptable and accepted values and value system cannot be imposed from outside the communities, and must adopted by these communities, and won't be, a long as we have the hateful race baiters such as Sharpton, Jackson, BLM, et. al. making money from inciting violence against LEOs.

Really? How about trying something really radical first? You know, like NOT having police departments with endemic racism as the DOJ PROVED was the case with Ferguson? As what they found proved beyond a reasonable doubt, the law enforcement and judicial departments of that city were much worse against blacks even after allowing for all other factors involved. There IS NO EXCUSE for what they did - it was racism.

Is having PD's that actually strive to minimize racism - instead of allowing and seemingly encouraging it as the DOJ showed was the case with Ferguson - is that really so difficult a concept?

Or do you really think that the blacks should have to choose between having to deal with a racist PD - as Ferguson's blacks did - or having no PD at all, as you suggest?

Is that a choice that ANY American community should have to make?

Really? How about trying something really radical first? You know, like NOT having police departments with endemic racism as the DOJ PROVED was the case with Ferguson? As what they found proved beyond a reasonable doubt, the law enforcement and judicial departments of that city were much worse against blacks even after allowing for all other factors involved. There IS NO EXCUSE for what they did - it was racism.

As opposed to the near continuous stream of vile racism issuing forth from these communities?

Yeah, I know Glen. In your mind (and quite a few others) one is completely excusable, hell encouraged by some, while the other should be punished by death.

Well, then, you should be really happy with the recent police ambush shootings then. I mean, after all, the cops are getting their just desserts, right? :roll:

Is having PD's that actually strive to minimize racism - instead of allowing and seemingly encouraging it as the DOJ showed was the case with Ferguson - is that really so difficult a concept?

Or do you really think that the blacks should have to choose between having to deal with a racist PD - as Ferguson's blacks did - or having no PD at all, as you suggest?

Is that a choice that ANY American community should have to make?

I'm suggesting that it would be far less a problem if these communities would wouldn't condone and accept violent confrontations with the officer on the scene.
They'd fare far better if they just complied and took it to court later.

I'm suggesting that the media stop purporting lies such as 'Hands Up, Don't shoot', which never happened.
I'm suggesting that the community agitator in chief hold his water on the matter until all the facts are in, rather than fanning the flames racial hatred, which he's done time and time again.

I'm suggesting that it isn't at all so one sided and simple as the media and many others would have you believe.

I'm suggesting that it takes both sides to continue a conflict.

I'm suggesting that escalating that conflict with ambush shootings certainly isn't a way forward for anyone.

I'm suggesting that protesting and chanting "Dead Cops" and "Fry'em like bacon" is just as guilty of incitement as the cop who has a bad shoot.

All I'm observing is that if things continue down the path as they are, and as have been observed in the previous post (below), one possible very negative outcome of very many.

They'd fare far better if they just complied and took it to court later.

You really ignored everything I pointed out, didn't you? Because if you'd read it, you'd know that the DOJ found that the city courts were as racist as the PD.

When a people find that the police AND the courts are against them just because of their race, it's pretty doggone hard to tell them, "just comply and take it to the courts".

The print size in the post above is the same size as my print size, yes, but the OP print size is so small I couldn't read it. Which you did on purpose by putting "" at the beginning and then the same with a "/SIZE and /FONT" inside brackets "[]" added at the end of the post.

That's the default font size. The font I pasted had different format, so I fixed it to more closely match default.

No one could prove that the particular incident involving Wilson was racially motivated. However, the DOJ DID prove - by the observations I listed in my previous comment - that racism was indeed endemic in the Ferguson PD.

Of course, y'all can never allow yourselves to even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe the DOJ was right. No matter what the evidence against a particular PD or against a particular officer, you cannot and must not allow yourselves to ever even THINK that maybe the blacks aren't making it all up as an eternal quest for victimhood.

No. The investigation actually went a lot farther than that. Eye witnesses interviewed by the FBI/DOJ said that the famed "hands up don't shoot" did not happen and that Officer Wilson was being charged by the not so "gentle giant". The FBI/DOJ actually proved that Officer Wilson was justified in shooting. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/u...hts-violations-in-ferguson-shooting.html?_r=0

No. The investigation actually went a lot farther than that. Eye witnesses interviewed by the FBI/DOJ said that the famed "hands up don't shoot" did not happen and that Officer Wilson was being charged by the not so "gentle giant". The FBI/DOJ actually proved that Officer Wilson was justified in shooting. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/u...hts-violations-in-ferguson-shooting.html?_r=0

I'm not referring to the incident involving Officer Wilson. I referred to this report where the DOJ found that racism was endemic in the Ferguson PD.

"We have enough of a sample size by now that we can show that Mr. Obama doesn't back our police department and is racist. Here are some of the quotes:"

The "enough" of your selected "sample" size does not add up to any statistical interpretation of "racist". You've not enough expounding narrative, let alone data to back your"sample", to even invite intellectual, and constructive, criticism.

You really ignored everything I pointed out, didn't you? Because if you'd read it, you'd know that the DOJ found that the city courts were as racist as the PD.

When a people find that the police AND the courts are against them just because of their race, it's pretty doggone hard to tell them, "just comply and take it to the courts".

Yeah, right. So rioting, burning down and looting their own neighborhood - damaging their own local economy, assassinating cops is just sooooo much better an action to take? Really?

I also notice that you didn't speak to the underlying value and value system issue that I raised.

Holder was, and still is, a racist. Anything different was never expected.

Ah. So they (Holder and the scores of others involved in the investigation - also including all the reporters from all the networks who were there) just made up all their findings out of whole cloth. Everybody's lying about the racism except for those who are being accused of racism.

Got it.

That's the default font size. The font I pasted had different format, so I fixed it to more closely match default.

You may need to do what I did, and buy some glasses. Although, if you were a woman and not a man, I may could understand, because women have continually been told that 2 inches is 6 inches, so they may not see the difference either.

Well, ya...they had to trump up some charges. The President had already found them guilty. He needed them to make such charges to save face.

So they made up their findings out of whole cloth? They just made it all up? Not only the DOJ (who sent scores of investigators and support staff), but all the reporters from all the networks who were there? And let's not forget all those who provided testimony to the DOJ - they were all lying, too? And all the documents the DOJ examined from previous years - those were all made up, too?

And all the blacks who lived in Ferguson - they were lying, too? Oh, wait - they're black, so they MUST have been lying, huh?

Guy, just how far are y'all gonna go to deny the obvious????

I guess the president is not suppose to tell the truth about racism wow...the police are more important than the president??? The president cant say a word about police negativity or if they make a mistake?? what country do you live in??? what have you been smoking boss!!!

We have enough of a sample size by now that we can show that Mr. Obama doesn't back our police department and is racist. Here are some of the quotes:

Ferguson:

So even though Officer Wilson was innocent of all charges, he still claimed that the nation is racist.

Baltimore:

Again, the presumption that the officers were racist is part of the narrative.

Baton Rouge:

Again, Obama is proclaiming the officers involved guilty without considering the facts.

St. Paul:

One last assumption that the white officer only shot because he encountered a black man.

Clearly, President Obama assumes white people are guilty of racism and the only white people are to blame for any nationally televised issues. If the President wants to heal racial issues, he needs to start with himself and stop assuming our law enforcement officers are guilty. Instead of presuming our law enforcement is guilty, try following the law and allowing the justice system to do its job. I know that is a foreign concept to Democrats, especially after they supported the farce of a finding regarding Clinton, but it is usually a nonpartisan and fair system.

Font is too small not going to bother.

Back
Top Bottom