• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The president on tv to reopen the government

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The president on tv to reopen the government and starts out by making sure the dems know he still has his option of emergency edict. Always good to open with a not so hidden threat. Then he has he audacity to once again lie and say what wonderful folks the federal workers are and how many stand with him. Another pep talk for his base.

The president on tv to reopen the government and starts out by making sure the dems know he still has his option of emergency edict. Always good to open with a not so hidden threat. Then he has he audacity to once again lie and say what wonderful folks the federal workers are and how many stand with him. Another pep talk for his base.

It is the same deal the Dems proposed the first day of the shutdown. Bet the cons will say he folded. because he did.

LOL He opened with a threat. He said he has the power to end it his way (referring to declaring the national crisis) but 'will give the process one more try.'

And now he's giving a ridiculously overblown speech about illegal immigration and unfortunately, the networks are providing a platform for the BS.

Just a ludicrous attempt at selling and justifying the wall. Sounding just like the slimy used-car salesman and considering his audience so stupid as to just guzzle it right up.

LOL He opened with a threat. He said he has the power to end it his way (referring to declaring the national crisis) but 'will give the process one more try.'

And now he's giving a ridiculously overblown speech about illegal immigration and unfortunately, the networks are providing a platform for the BS.

In all truthfulness, it is rather sickening watching him blatantly make up the facts as he goes along. However, I want to see how much he is trying to lie to me instead of his base telling me what he meant.

MAGA time

McDonalds and Golf again.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1088881297446105088

"I love how Trump is *still* stubbornly repeating his weird arguments for the wall, like some loser of a dumped boyfriend, locked out of the apartment with all his stuff arrayed around him on the sidewalk, still trying to win the argument that got him tossed out on the street."

It is the same deal the Dems proposed the first day of the shutdown. Bet the cons will say he folded. because he did.

Then when he gets ANY additional "border security" funds, even if specified "no wall" he will tell his base "large portions of wall have been built, it's YUGE, and under construction" and they will TOTALLY buy it, cuz this is, and always was about emotionas, not facts.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1088881297446105088

"I love how Trump is *still* stubbornly repeating his weird arguments for the wall, like some loser of a dumped boyfriend, locked out of the apartment with all his stuff arrayed around him on the sidewalk, still trying to win the argument that got him tossed out on the street."

I have a new found respect for Speaker Pelosi, she is already up in the polls, and the House has not even startedwith the subpoenas.

Gawd you can actually hear Coultier and Rush's heads exploding, icing on the cake. Of course Ol Slap Head Hannity will continue to suck orange ass, he has books to sell!!

I have a new found respect for Speaker Pelosi, she is already up in the polls, and the House has not even startedwith the subpoenas.

Gawd you can actually hear Coultier and Rush's heads exploding, icing on the cake.

OMG is Rush on right now? Now I wanna listen!

Gawd you can actually hear Coultier and Rush's heads exploding, icing on the cake. Of course Ol Slap Head Hannity will continue to suck orange ass, he has books to sell!!

Pwesident Cucklebert McAdderallsniff is having a sad day today.

OMG is Rush on right now? Now I wanna listen!

Rush probably needed a couple oxy to make it thru Trumps lose and Pelosis win!!

You go girl !!

Oh geee nothing on the caving yet.....

Hannity will find a way to defend this, stay tuned!

Our President has shown good faith by re opened the government on a temp basis,something the egotistical liberal/Demos are thoroughly against. I may add it's true there are a good number of government employees who are affected standing by our President. Again and again the ball is on the liberal/Demos side. It's first and goal on the three yard line. What will the lowly liberal/Demos do ?

If anyone thinks that the President is terrible at negotiating with his own government, imagine how he is with foreign ones.

Scared yet?

Our President has shown good faith by re opened the government on a temp basis,something the egotistical liberal/Demos are thoroughly against. I may add it's true there are a good number of government employees who are affected standing by our President. Again and again the ball is on the liberal/Demos side. It's first and goal on the three yard line. What will the lowly liberal/Demos do ?

I think it is hilarious that you think that the President won by giving Pelosi what she wants.

He's a bully, but he's used to punching down, whether it be humiliating tools who want their 15 minutes via reality show, or perhaps suing small-time contractors into oblivion until they settle just to avoid paying more defense fees.

He tried to bully America. Oopsie-daisy.

Of course, unlike most bullies, he is pathologically self-obsessed, so I don't think this will be the end of his shenanigans. Most bullies would slink off and maybe take a week or two off school for "illness", then keep a low key around the person who knocked them in the teeth.

I think it is hilarious that you think that the President won by giving Pelosi what she wants.

Not a game.
Our President is thinking about the workers and their families. It's bellaPelosi and the liberal/Demos playing games and it's hurting the laid off government employees.

Reading your response I started thinking, maybe trump is both a willing and unwilling servant to putin. I'm almost thinking in his mind he thought he could manipulate putin. Putin being the pro he is, probably helped trump think that way and then he was hooked. Look at how many years he tried to get that trump tower built in moscow.

Not a game.
Our President is thinking about the workers and their families. It's bellaPelosi and the liberal/Demos playing games and it's hurting the laid off government employees.

“I will be proud to shut down the Government”

-President Donald J Trump

He shut down the Government without a plan as to what was going to happen, caused a lot of pain and got nothing out of it.

If he tries to do it again, he truly is stupid.

“I will be proud to shut down the Government”

-President Donald J Trump

He shut down the Government without a plan as to what was going to happen, caused a lot of pain and got nothing out of it.

If he tries to do it again, he truly is stupid.
Like I said it's up to the liberal/Demos and they have three weeks to stop this pending shut down...not President Trump.

Like I said it's up to the liberal/Demos and they have three weeks to stop this pending shut down...not President Trump.

The President would be an absolute idiot to shut the Government down again

So yeah... he probably would do it.

That is EXACTLY what the Dems asked him to do, so how are they against it?

That is EXACTLY what the Dems asked him to do, so how are they against it?

This is the same deal they offered him a month ago. He not only caused the shutdown as he said himself, he allowed it to continue this long with all the problems it caused the country. Are you trly happy with what he did?

This is the same deal they offered him a month ago. He not only caused the shutdown as he said himself, he allowed it to continue this long with all the problems it caused the country. Are you trly happy with what he did?

I adamantly oppose what he did. I oppose the wall as well.

Back
Top Bottom