• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The premise behind having men's & women's sports

What is the premise behind having men's & women's sports?

• To prevent opposite sex genitalia from accidentally bumping into each other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

neil

DP Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if people get why there's men's & women's sports. With the way transgenderism in sports is being dealt with, I don't think people do, so I'm going to ask a very basic question to sort things out.

Men and woman are different.......... Duh!

There needs to be a Transgenger sports league where trans people can compete fairly - - without all the scrutiny and stigma that comes along when men compete against women.

There needs to be a Transgenger sports league where trans people can compete fairly - - without all the scrutiny and stigma that comes along when men compete against women.
I would be cool with that. Ultimately it should be up to the various sports people to decide what they want to do on a per sports basis. The soccer people can do one thing, the baseball people can do another, etc, too.

I hear that a transgender female came in third in an Uno tournament in WGAF, Kansas yesterday. Somebody call tuck tuck, and pass the defibrillator.

I would be cool with that. Ultimately it should be up to the various sports people to decide what they want to do on a per sports basis. The soccer people can do one thing, the baseball people can do another, etc, too.
If trans were to compete in lets say women basketball who do you think would dominate, the women competing against the trans or the transgender competing against the women?

I wonder if people get why there's men's & women's sports. With the way transgenderism in sports is being dealt with, I don't think people do, so I'm going to ask a very basic question to sort things out.

Neither. It was to expand sporting opportunities from those who had been denied them.

I do not understand why people try to turn this into a political issue. 99.99999% of the people who play sports are doing so because it is fun and offers good exercise and good comraderie. There will always be someone who is taller, or stronger, or faster.

If a transgendered person happens to defy all odds and make it to the elite level of a given sport, then that sport's body will deal with it in their policies.

For the rest of us, relax. It is a recreational activity, whether in school, or in a community league or in a training facility. It does not effect your life.

Happiness is elusive, let other people live and try to be happy, if only for a while. Don't spend your time trying to make sure others cannot have happy moments.

seems you have no clue either on this topic
MEN (non-transitioned) and Women (non-transitioned) are different hence why the separation in many sports

TRANGENDERS are NOT MEN (non-transitioned) and Women (non-transitioned)
so that's why there is currently an overlap
are we getting the overlap 100% right? nope probably not but that means we are also not getting it 100% wrong either. I can gladly wait for FACTS and MEDICAL SCIENCE

so now ill say the same thing I say in all these threads

THis topic is so easy for me because i base it on reality, facts, rights, freedom and science not feelings, bigotry, hate, selfishness and or ignorance

why is that so hard for others?
what is hard about this . . .

if science proves that there is an unfair advantage as a blanket statement for all individuals and all sports Ill totally support banning it for scholastic sports
if science proves something else, ill support that also

simple, no feelings involved

outside of scholastic sports its nobody's business

Ill never sport forcing an outside orgs doing something as long as they are operating inside the law and not violating rights or illegally discriminating
if the NHL decides to go coed thats their choice and we are free not to participate and or support them . . ..

done, mostly everything else is false narrative bigoted selfish nonsense

If trans were to compete in lets say women basketball who do you think would dominate, the women competing against the trans or the transgender competing against the women?
My guess is it would be up to the 10 individuals. You could have very skilled versus unskilled for example.

We’re going to lose our democracy because one dude turned into a woman and won a sports ball game.

I do not understand why people try to turn this into a political issue. 99.99999% of the people who play sports are doing so because it is fun and offers good exercise and good comraderie. There will always be someone who is taller, or stronger, or faster.

If a transgendered person happens to defy all odds and make it to the elite level of a given sport, then that sport's body will deal with it in their policies.

For the rest of us, relax. It is a recreational activity, whether in school, or in a community league or in a training facility. It does not effect your life.

Happiness is elusive, let other people live and try to be happy, if only for a while. Don't spend your time trying to make sure others cannot have happy moments.
Not entirely true...a lot of kids in High school compete for a chance to get a scholarship, especially low income kids and on to college they compete for maybe a chance at the pro level.... Yeah I know its a slim chance but still a chance. In some sports some schools even have a quota of kids competing in certain sports. Specifically larger schools.
If trans were able to compete it would cut down those chances maybe even eliminate them of having that chance..
The obvious choice is boys against boys and girls against girls and trans against trans. As liberal are promoting trans transforming from boy to girl there should be a lot of trans to compete against other trans.

Gender identity has nothing to do with athletic ability.

Not entirely true...a lot of kids in High school compete for a chance to get a scholarship, especially low income kids and on to college they compete for maybe a chance at the pro level.... Yeah I know its a slim chance but still a chance. In some sports some schools even have a quota of kids competing in certain sports. Specifically larger schools.
If trans were able to compete it would cut down those chances maybe even eliminate them of having that chance..
The obvious choice is boys against boys and girls against girls and trans against trans. As liberal are promoting trans transforming from boy to girl there should be a lot of trans to compete against other trans.
You maybe right, It may replace the opportunity one person may have had, with an opportunity for another person, for every million opportunities.
Oh well. Life sucks. It is not always fair.
As a society, let us try to make life as good as possible, for as many people as we can. Even if by doing so, the odd person has to pay a price. Making a society civil and balanced always has a price. Let' make the goal having as few people as possible, forced to pay the price.

A transgender sports league is never going to happen for two reasons. The first reason is that men pretending to women IE transgender women would be actually admitting that they are not real females if they agree to a transgender league. The second reason is these men pretending to be women who play in female athletic sports do so because they know that they have a huge physical advantage over actual female athletes. Not because a transgender league doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom