• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Power of Thoughts and Prayers

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Rather than passing reasonable laws to regulate sales of firearms, the anti-gun control folks believe their thoughts and prayers are all that are needed to stop the slaughter across America.

At the following link, is a game proving the miserable level of effectiveness their thoughts and prayers have on gun violence and deaths.

Thoughts & Prayers: The Game

Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree with me that's fine. If you do not, I don't really care.

Rather than passing reasonable laws to regulate sales of firearms, the anti-gun control folks believe their thoughts and prayers are all that are needed to stop the slaughter across America.

At the following link, is a game proving the miserable level of effectiveness their thoughts and prayers have on gun violence and deaths.

Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get it, am I supposed to pray at a certain time?

200_s.gif

Actually the power of positive thought and prayers is a real thing and quite effective. The problem is, positive thinking cannot be used to control others, it is a self controlling concept. There is a thing called free will don't forget.

Enjoy

I really like the message here, nothing fails like prayer. Not only do the anti-gun control people think thoughts and prayers are effective, however, our own government has advised us to pray for the victims, as if that helps resolve senseless murders. People don't kill people, right-wing, religious radicals kill people should be the real saying. Praying in response to that is like drinking a gallon of water to commemorate flood victims.

We are at a turning point in history where our survival, as a species, will depend as much upon the transmission of positive memes rather than just the shifting of the weather and the availability of food. There are many people on this planet who, culturally, are still climbing out of the stone age, in their attitudes and customs. As such, the highly evolved must exist simultaneously with the under-evolved. The question is, how do we change peoples minds without munitions? How do you hurry along the evolution of the middle east when they are as willing to die for their misogyny as you are for women's rights? Traditions are too often the wrong thing repeated. If you have to rely on magic to make the result acceptable, you're actually doing harm. Real people with real blood in their real veins deserve better than incantations to protect them from crazy religious asshats.

Back
Top Bottom