• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The power has gone to Tom Delay head

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hey Delay lovers it looks like the power has gone to Tom Delay head last Friday I saw him on CNN he want to pay back the Judges because he love to pander to the religious right even BUSH doped him like a hot potato as well as a lot of other far right Conservatives this just may be the beginning of the end of Tom Delay .

It's time to turn up the heat and cook his ?

Umm...interesting analogy, but honestly DeLay will have no influence whatsoever very soon as he is pushing the extreme right policy that he favors. He was wrong in the terri case (at least the vast majority of america thinks so) because he made a state matter into a federal matter and made a political issue out of a family issue. his ethics are starting to be questioned and now there is talk that he wants mass impeachments. when will it end...when will he realize that all this talk will only hurt them in the midterm elections-some repub leaders really need to talk to him because it could be greenspan all over again.

Freedom69 said:
BUSH doped him like a hot potato

So The President is a drug dealer and Delay is on drugs now huh?
What will you guys come up with next?

akyron said:
So The President is a drug dealer and Delay is on drugs now huh?
What will you guys come up with next?

i think that is an analogy...why odn't you respond to something sensical and respond to mine.

Well Delay may have other probems headed his way if he continues to hang out with Kim Seung-yeon.

"South Korean analysts note that for an ambitious businessman like Kim, courting congressional allies in Washington could pay big benefits back home in Seoul. In recent years, Kim has been trying to expand his enterprises while also fending off a nasty bribery probe by the South Korean government into Hanwha's 2002 acquisition of a large insurance company, in a deal that allegedly involved political payoffs.Last September, according to Korean press reports, Kim was sentenced to eight months in prison for "political funding" violations, but the sentence was reduced on appeal, and he was fined about $30,000."The more Kim's in trouble in Korea, the greater his need to develop contacts in Washington," said one longtime South Korean observer."

"South Korean analysts note that for an ambitious businessman like Kim, courting congressional allies in Washington could pay big benefits back home in Seoul.
You don't have a link included, so I don't know how it involves Delay. I have some questions for you Republican haters.
Did any of the people who want Delay to step down, ask Nancy Pelosi to resign when she was caught for her illegal activities?

WASHINGTON (AP) — A fund-raising committee run by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was fined $21,000 for improperly accepting donations over federal limits, according to records and interviews.
Source

How about Hillary, do you want her to go?

The indictment, rare for a political campaign, was unsealed in Los Angeles charging David Rosen with four counts of filing false reports with the Federal Election Commission. The charges focus on an Aug. 12, 2000, dinner and concert supported by more than $1.1 million in "in-kind contributions" -- goods and services provided for free or below cost. The event was estimated to cost more than $1.2 million.
The FBI previously said in court papers that it had evidence the former first lady's campaign deliberately understated its fund-raising costs so it would have more money to spend on her campaign.

Source

No one asked Torricelli to resign until it looked like he would lose his re-election.

Robert Torricelli,
U.S. senator from New Jersey, abandoned his reelection campaign in September, fearing a recent fund-raising scandal would cost him the race and Democrats control of the Senate. He was “severely admonished” by the Senate Ethics Committee in July for lapses in judgement in accepting lavish gifts from David Chang, a campaign contributor, who himself pleaded guilty in 2000 to making illegal donations to Torricelli's campaign fund.
Source

How many times did ya all vote for these upstanding citizens?

The Federal Election Commission disclosed yesterday it has imposed a record-setting $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources.

The FEC documents describe Democratic fundraisers who set specific prices for foreign nationals to make illegal campaign contributions in return for meetings with then-President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore. A Democratic finance vice chair, for example, said organizers would have to contribute $100,000 in return for Gore's appearance at a Buddhist temple in Los Angeles.
Source
The last time I looked, Tom Delay hasn’t been charged with any crime. When or if he is, it will be dealt with. I think the Democrats should worry more about cleaning their own house.

Squawker said:
You don't have a link included, so I don't know how it involves Delay. I have some questions for you Republican haters.
Did any of the people who want Delay to step down, ask Nancy Pelosi to resign when she was caught for her illegal activities?

How about Hillary, do you want her to go?

No one asked Torricelli to resign until it looked like he would lose his re-election.

How many times did ya all vote for these upstanding citizens?

The last time I looked, Tom Delay hasn’t been charged with any crime. When or if he is, it will be dealt with. I think the Democrats should worry more about cleaning their own house.

I would rather he face the same ethical requirements all of those did. The new...gutting, of the house ethics committe makes me more angry, and to be fair, i do agree that all those people you listed should be punished, but none of them have the same record of scandal as he does. All those people you mentioned were punished accordingly, and I just want that to happen to DeLay-fair is for all people.

And btw, the first lady wasn't implicated, her people were, much like the senator from florida who didn't write the memo, wink, wink.

Last edited:
More facts are coming in concerning members of Congress. If Delay goes down, it looks like he will have company.
UPDATE: Tue Apr 26, 2005
Of the $16 million in privately-funded travel of Members of Congress (2000-Winter 2005) almost $8.8 million (55%) was from tax-exempt and other organizations who receive funds from others. The original donors to these organizations (and whether or not they earmarked funds for any of these trips) are not disclosed in the travel reports.

Many of these organizations are incorporated as non-profit 501c3 and 501c4 entities, which are not required to disclose their donors to the public in their IRS Form 990 reports. For example, the Aspen Institute is a 501c3 entity, and funded 344 trips for Democrats and 190 trips for Republicans. The Ripon Educational Fund is a 501(c4) entity, and funded 71 trips for Republicans and 3 trips for Democrats.

There is no legal prohibition to prevent a lobbyist from serving on the board of these organizations, and in some cases lobbyists may encourage a client to contribute to the non-profit. In some cases, serving on a non-profit's board permits the lobbyist to participate in the sponsored event or travel for Members of Congress.
Source

That's fine by me, Democrat or Republican, they have to be investigated and they have to be punished if they are found to be in the wrong. Otherwise, you have Congress running amock.

Back
Top Bottom