• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the postal service in the USA has become worse and worse

Have you noticed?

• yes

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • no

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • I do not use any postal service

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
There's no contradiction. The USA represents American society, which is completely different from the US government, as one of the founders of the country made clear well over 200 years ago:

To love America is to love all of it. :)

Works fine for me in the USA, how is it working out for you in Europe ? :roll:

Besides, as an American (with trump in charge), why should we/I care what you think ?

;)

Nice answer, arrogant and small minded like the man you mention.

I do have one complaint with the USPS.

I send a lot of packages from Mexico to the US.

When I send a package it gets to the USPS intake facility either in New York or Los Angeles. From there they deliver it to US Customs.

After that, Customs returns it to the USPS and they proceed to bounce it around to facility after facility all around the country even if they are sending it away from the delivery address.

Eventually it gets there, but I don't understand why they have to bounce it around so much.
Basketball enthusiasts?

Privatize it.

The USPS is a private business. Shares of stock held in trust for the American people by a dual house and senate congressional committee. A quasi public corporation, a hybrid not for profit, under strict price controls from congress as a necessary utility. It receives no government funding. It borrows no money. It is obligated by law to end each fiscal year on a net zero basis, with sufficient funds in hand for 3 months of operational expenses.

Astonishingly, in fiscal year 2019, the Postal Service delivered 143 billion pieces of mail to 160 million delivery addresses and operated more than 31,000 Post Offices.

Not too shabby.

Damn bills keep arriving.

To love America is to love all of it. :)

And because you love America eveybody must also love the US postal "service".
Criticism of the postal service equals high treason and is an "Anti-American activity"?

Criticism of the postal service equals high treason and is an "Anti-American activity"?
:lamo

Nobody is requiring that you love all of America. That's only what rightists tell us to do. :)

Weren’t you taking the month of MAY off?

Anyway, I am not writing in this thread anymore.

Have a fine month of May all May!

Yes, I am still located in Germany.
And I have had postal contacts with people in the US for decades and now even centuries.
So I can tell that the service has got a lot worse.

Just one little detail.

One of my letters to Virginia, USA landed in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Maybe because both Virginia and Vietnam start with the letter V?

And you can rest assured that the address was written correctly and plainly.

If you mailed your letter from Germany it is on the German Postal System. The USPS does not take over until the letter reaches the USA. Why would you blame the USPS when the Germans sent it to Vietnam?

Yes, I am still located in Germany.
And I have had postal contacts with people in the US for decades and now even centuries.
So I can tell that the service has got a lot worse.

Just one little detail.

One of my letters to Virginia, USA landed in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Maybe because both Virginia and Vietnam start with the letter V?

And you can rest assured that the address was written correctly and plainly.

You have not had contact with anyone for centuries, how dumb do you think we are?

You have not had contact with anyone for centuries, how dumb do you think we are?

I wrote:

Can't you read? :)

I might have even talked about Millennia, as I have had postal contacts with people in the US before the year 2000 also. :mrgreen:

I wrote:

Can't you read? :)

I might have even talked about Millennia, as I have had postal contacts with people in the US before the year 2000 also. :mrgreen:

Oh god you're one of those people who says "see you next year" on December 31.

My mail service is wonderful. What in the world is this about?

How has it gotten worse, be specific...

I have had mail get lost so called...there are cameras everywhere but not in mailrooms so ppl can steal mail...if thry dislke someone, that is a great persecution...not giving them their mail...
Ask sometime if your post office has cameras...mine doesn't...weird

I haven't had any problems with the postal service. I use it quite a bit.

I can tell you that the republicans would like to eliminate it, to end the campaign for national vote by mail. Donald Trump said, if there were a national vote by mail, no republican will ever win office again. That explains a great deal of the bad mouthing set against the US Postal Service.

i can pay 55 cents to have people take an envelope from my house in the South to a house in Alaska.

that's still amazing to me.

I pay three bucks to ship a DVD anywhere in the country.
Soon, if Twumpy gets his way, it will cost me about ten bucks instead...to ship a twenty dollar DVD.

There are literally millions of us who depend upon the USPS to ship stuff cheap.
And in this particular time, we depend on it more than ever, especially people who lost all their other income.

There is no way in Hell that this is not an intentional attack on the American people.

Oppose all Tweety efforts at subverting our national public infrastructure. This too shall pass, especially if we show up and vote against it.

yup..

I pay three bucks to ship a DVD anywhere in the country.
Soon, if Twumpy gets his way, it will cost me about ten bucks instead...to ship a twenty dollar DVD.

There are literally millions of us who depend upon the USPS to ship stuff cheap.
And in this particular time, we depend on it more than ever, especially people who lost all their other income.

There is no way in Hell that this is not an intentional attack on the American people.

older folks tend to use mail more so than younger folks. so as they're wondering if they're gonna die from COVID, Trump is trying to jack up shipping rates.

2020 Republicans can't pass into history fast enough.

I have had mail get lost so called...there are cameras everywhere but not in mailrooms so ppl can steal mail...if thry dislke someone, that is a great persecution...not giving them their mail...
Ask sometime if your post office has cameras...mine doesn't...weird

I said be specific not brief or an acronym writer.

Back
Top Bottom