• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Politics of Racism

Asian-American

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here are two articles I like:

What is Racism?

Everyone talks about "racism" but no one ever defines it. AR's assistant editor has given it a try.

By Thomas Jackson

There is surely no nation in the world that holds "racism" in greater horror than does the United States. Compared to other kinds of offenses, it is thought to be somehow more reprehensible. The press and public have become so used to tales of murder, rape, robbery, and arson, that any but the most spectacular crimes are shrugged off as part of the inevitable texture of American life. "Racism" is never shrugged off.

For example, when a white Georgetown Law School student reports that black students are less well qualified than white students, it sets off a booming, national controversy about "racism." If the student had merely murdered someone he would have attracted far less attention and criticism.

[ . . . ]

Complete article is at http://www.amren.com/917issue/9107issue.html#cover

October 27, 2004

Immigration And The Unmentionable Question Of Ethnic Interests

By Kevin MacDonald

Arguments over immigration are usually limited to cultural or economic factors. Political scientists like Samuel Huntington point out that the culture of the country will change dramatically if there is a continued influx of Spanish-speaking immigrants. And economists like George Borjas have demonstrated that large masses of newcomers depress wages and create enormous demands on the environment and on public services, especially health care and education.

These lines of argument are, of course, legitimate. But there always seems to be an element of timidity present. No one wants to talk about the 800-lb. gorilla sitting over there in the corner—the issue of ethnic interests.

[ . . . ]

Complete article at http://www.vdare.com/misc/macdonald_041027_immigration.htm

Regards.

I would appreciate any feedback on these articles.

As an Asian, I see many double standards with respect to ethnocentrism: non-Whites are allowed by society to be ethnocentric, but not Whites.

The word "Racism" is by far the most over used word for us Americans, if we even do anything against another race that is stepping out of the boundaries then it's considered "Racism", but if we do the same thing to our own race then it is considered as something completely different.. What if I really don't like white people, though I am one, why do people only have racial hatred for other races instead of their own, is there something wrong.

I think that America was destined to be corrupted by "Racism", considering we are advertised as a country of the free that EVERYONE is welcome to our country even if you're not of the same race, religion, or culture. This is stated in the constitution, the very foundation of our country, that no citizen should be deprived of their rights (which are also listed in our constitution) this may be the case with some people, but others, in America, would rather not have people who are different to have the same rights as you.

Racism started in America as soon as our ancestors landed here and found these other people, people who have never been seen before.

Racism in my opinion is the love child of Hate and Fear towards people. In the case of the Native Americans, we hated them because they had what we didn't, we feared them because they're different then us... so we killed them... all.

I agree with wat yall have said already . Racism is somtin that America blows out of proportion. White people (no matter wat age) will always look down upon other minorities with disgust and dislike. If there is a confederate redneck living in the US, then it will continue to happen.And it goes both ways too. bc when a white person tries to act out of sync with the rest of the culture, for ex: a person acts like a wigger. when that happens, African Americans rock the boat say that we r out of line bc we r white and we r not allowed to debut ourselves as this type of person,and they start to become racist.

So in America, Racism will never end, so people who r still having civil rights movements and people who want to join the KKK (its still around) juss get over urselves. bc u r not dealing with the times. well before the end of this century, White people will become the minority in America. This is all due to teh different birth rates of different races. So white power people, get a grip or u will eventually end up being shot by some gang.

White people (no matter wat age) will always look down upon other minorities with disgust and dislike.
It isn't confined to white people, where do you get that idea? There are hundreds of reasons for disliking a group. It has little to do with race, and more to do with ideology. Unfortunately, the few hate groups that do exist, define discrimination.

No offense but if you want someone to take you serious there evything.. then please start using correct spellings and correct grammar, thanks.

Alot of "hate groups" have gotten to the point where they've started finding things to hate, usually to get a more positive on look from the other Americans. Recently, a neo-Nazi group in the south, told that they'd be willing to sign a "treaty" or act of cooperation with Al Qaeda.. honestly.. are they trying to re-define the historical significance of a "Nazi" ? Pathetic waste of life in my opinion.

:rofl HAHAHAHA

I'd love to hear Al Qaeda's response.

Back
Top Bottom