• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Political Right Must Support its Existing Media Outlets!

I'll put it this way: I know intelligent and moral conservatives, and I also despite the way the bulk of the right here on DP acts like they are only (sometimes) responsible for their actions but everyone on the left is responsible for each others' actions. So I don't want to emulate it.

Actual conservatism does seem to have done a nose-dive in the GOP over the last 20-30 years, so they do seem rather outnumbered today.

But the kind of Conservative you're talking about, the fiscally responsible anti-war Constitutionalist, this person is in a very small minority on the Right. They're the exception, while the rule is Fascism.
And it's always been that way. Conservatives opposed every civil rights movement in American history, they even opposed freeing the slaves. This isn't something that just happened with Trump or Reagan.

The right has it's own media sources such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, Stormfront, [...]
One positive first step would be in asking this site to accept the right's media outlets as Mainstream!

Stormfront accepted as MSM?
So you're one of the newer Nazis at DP...got it.

I welcome you to provide your evidence of this, After-Hour Prowler !.
All the things he stated have been in the news, on national television and in the main stream press. Not hard for someone to find if they want to find the truth but i guess you don't have the interest in making sure the crap the democrats are feeding you is true.

But the kind of Conservative you're talking about, the fiscally responsible anti-war Constitutionalist, this person is in a very small minority on the Right. They're the exception, while the rule is Fascism.
And it's always been that way. Conservatives opposed every civil rights movement in American history, they even opposed freeing the slaves. This isn't something that just happened with Trump or Reagan.

They opposed the freeing of slaves?
That is totally false.

The Republican Party was started to free the slaves & the democrats wanted slavery.

Republicans freed the slaves.

They opposed the freeing of slaves?
That is totally false.

The Republican Party was started to free the slaves & the democrats wanted slavery.

Republicans freed the slaves.

During that time, the Republicans were left-leaning and the Democrats were right-leaning. Notice how the slave-owning states vote Republican today.

During that time, the Republicans were left-leaning and the Democrats were right-leaning. Notice how the slave-owning states vote Republican today.

It doesn’t change the fact, the GOP was started to free the slaves & the democrats were not onboard.

Democrats opposed freeing the slaves & that should never be forgotten.

It doesn’t change the fact, the GOP was started to free the slaves & the democrats were not onboard.

Democrats opposed freeing the slaves & that should never be forgotten.

Cool, but I didn't say anything about Republicans and Democrats. I said that Conservatives were against freeing the slaves. Conservatism has always been about restricting freedom.

Cool, but I didn't say anything about Republicans and Democrats. I said that Conservatives were against freeing the slaves. Conservatism has always been about restricting freedom.

Well please don’t ignore the truth.

Democrats favored keeping slavery & the GOP was started to free the slaves.

Republicans freed the slaves !

There's no sense in the extreme right whining and complaining about media censoring their political views. Those MSM sites are FREE to tell the story the way they see fit. Period!

The right has it's own media sources such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, Stormfront, and many more that won't be making any compromises with the commie left! The political right must give those sites their undivided attention to make them as big as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. Even Fox News can be made into an extreme right news outlet again if the right has the determination of supporting rightist views. They only live and thrive by their advertising.

And as an example, OANN is constantly appealing to the extreme rightists in America to help make them great.

It's as simple as the extreme right just ignoring the extreme left's big MSM outlets and only tuning in to the new media sources that sympathize with Trump's cause.

One positive first step would be in asking this site to accept the right's media outlets as Mainstream!

Maybe the people on this site know damn well that far right media is not mainstream and in fact intellectually and ideologically corrupt.

k0shppc0mwb61.jpg

Well please don’t ignore the truth.

Democrats favored keeping slavery & the GOP was started to free the slaves.

Republicans freed the slaves !

And republicans became democrats! Democrats freed the slaves! History is a bitch.

If one reads just the headlines at Breitbart, Newsmax, and Oann, they will come off as quite normal MSM sites. The rabid extremist right is startinig to get the picture on why they have no real media voice.

But don't read the story because it hasn't changed, it still stinks of fascist extremism.

It's as simple as the extreme right just ignoring the extreme left's big MSM outlets and only tuning in to the new media sources that sympathize with Trump's cause.

The 'extreme' left dislike the MSM and refer to it as the 'corporate media.'

There's no sense in the extreme right whining and complaining about media censoring their political views. Those MSM sites are FREE to tell the story the way they see fit. Period!

The right has it's own media sources such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, Stormfront, and many more that won't be making any compromises with the commie left! The political right must give those sites their undivided attention to make them as big as MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc. Even Fox News can be made into an extreme right news outlet again if the right has the determination of supporting rightist views. They only live and thrive by their advertising.

And as an example, OANN is constantly appealing to the extreme rightists in America to help make them great.

The problem really isn't the media. They are there to sell advertising and nothing else.

People would rather blindly believe what ever bullshit their favorite form of media feeds to them..... instead of cutting through it.

The problem is that there aren't enough RWNJs to support that many outlets. FOX had it easy for a long time as the only game in town for right wing viewers. They grew large because they had a monopoly on right wing news. Now they have competition form OANN and Newsmax. I'm not sure the target audience is big enough to support the ambitions of all three.
The target audience is literally 49 percent of the country. That’s not a bad position.

The problem is that there aren't enough RWNJs to support that many outlets. FOX had it easy for a long time as the only game in town for right wing viewers. They grew large because they had a monopoly on right wing news. Now they have competition form OANN and Newsmax. I'm not sure the target audience is big enough to support the ambitions of all three.
Sure enough, though they also had the AM talk radio advantage and the time slot advantage which probably radicalized a lot of people.

How can an "extreme left" have "mainstream" outlets?

I do not read or watch the "news" anymore -- right or left.

I say: A pox on both their houses.

If you want to see how crooked and rotten our media are, read a book entitled "Slanted." I bought it on Amazon. (I hope the vicious leftists have not forced Amazon to drop it.)

Of course, no moderate or conservative should support the mainstream media. Do not watch any of the leftist channels and, of course, do not subscribe to any of their publications. (I have read that the despicable New York Times was near bankruptcy when good luck hit: Donald J. Trump was elected.)

In two days, the leftist media become state-run media. CNN (boo!) has admitted, I hear, that it plans to go easy on Mr. Biden.

I do not read or watch the "news" anymore -- right or left.

I say: A pox on both their houses.

If you want to see how crooked and rotten our media are, read a book entitled "Slanted." I bought it on Amazon. (I hope the vicious leftists have not forced Amazon to drop it.)

Of course, no moderate or conservative should support the mainstream media. Do not watch any of the leftist channels and, of course, do not subscribe to any of their publications. (I have read that the despicable New York Times was near bankruptcy when good luck hit: Donald J. Trump was elected.)

In two days, the leftist media become state-run media. CNN (boo!) has admitted, I hear, that it plans to go easy on Mr. Biden.

Americans decided on what their media would say and that left no major media outlets representing the political 'rightist' views except Fox News. Then the extremism of Trump became even too extreme for them and their mainstream commentators said so. That led to the extreme right turning their 'guns' of Fox too.

Upstarts such as Oann and Newsmax are already in the process of trying to moderate their extremism to something closer to middle road. That will enrage the extremist right and cause those two to be left in no man's land.

Americans decided on what their media would say and that left no major media outlets representing the political 'rightist' views except Fox News. Then the extremism of Trump became even too extreme for them and their mainstream commentators said so. That led to the extreme right turning their 'guns' of Fox too.

Upstarts such as Oann and Newsmax are already in the process of trying to moderate their extremism to something closer to middle road. That will enrage the extremist right and cause those two to be left in no man's land.

Took a walk today to the post office (yes, wore a mask).

I passed a store with this sign in the window: Media is the virus.

Even my liberal friend don’t try to defend the media anymore.

Trumps greatest achievement, “other than the vaccine in record time” may be exposing the corrupt media.

I know many retired left and right wing people who have completely given up on watching the
National news.

Even my liberal friend don’t try to defend the media anymore.

Trumps greatest achievement, “other than the vaccine in record time” may be exposing the corrupt media.

I know many retired left and right wing people who have completely given up on watching the
National news.
😂 Sorry but Twump’s attack on the media was just as disingenuous as lugenpresse.

Back
Top Bottom