• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The pizza slice that comes at a price

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Scientific report announces emerging risk caused by wood burning stoves in pizza restaurants and charcoal in steakhouses to the environmentA recent study has shown that emissions in major cities caused by restaurants such as pizzerias and steakhouses using wood burners can be damaging to the urban environment.
The findings published in the journalAtmospheric Environment points out the underlining pollution causes of the Latin American city of Sao Paulo in Brazil. This work is a collaborative effort by ten leading air pollution experts from seven universities, led by the University of Surrey’s Dr Prashant Kumar from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, under the umbrella of University Global Partnership Network (UGPN).
The Latin American megacity of São Paulo is the only megacity worldwide that uses a much cleaner bio-fuel driven fleet. With about 10% of Brazil’s total population, Sao Paulo’s inhabitants fill their vehicles with a biofuel comprising of sugarcane ethanol, gasohol (75% gasoline and 25% ethanol) and soya diesel.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/06...king-it-is-damaging-to-the-urban-environment/

I'm sorry, wood fired pizza >>>>>> all other pizzas, ever.

I BBQ sometimes 4 times a week. I use Mesquite, Hickory or Cheery. My grill pumps out LOTS of smoke.

This is a joke piece right?

Different woods and especially their smoke give unique and delicious flavors to red meats, chicken, shrimp, etc. No other seasoning required if you do it right. If your meat or your grill is wrapped in aluminum foil then you might just as well be taking a limp dick to an orgy.

When there's a high-pressure weather system sitting on top of you, burning enough wood smoke will make the air unhealthy to breathe.

With about 10% of Brazil’s total population, Sao Paulo’s inhabitants fill their vehicles with a biofuel comprising of sugarcane ethanol, gasohol (75% gasoline and 25% ethanol) and soya diesel.

Food such a sugarcane, or corn that is made into fuel is a crime against the environment and humanity.

I'm sorry, wood fired pizza >>>>>> all other pizzas, ever.

I BBQ sometimes 4 times a week. I use Mesquite, Hickory or Cheery. My grill pumps out LOTS of smoke.

I thought we knew that already...I dont care, I am going to eat what I like. It is with great sadness that I learn that most of the coal fired pizza places are gone because of the worrywarts.

Smoke particulates aren't healthy to breathe in. I'm not sure why people find that controversial.

If eating a steak or a pizza from a wood burning oven/grill is my final undoing, then so be it

Food is meant to be enjoyed, not just eaten

Life is short.....enjoy it as much as possible....

If eating a steak or a pizza from a wood burning oven/grill is my final undoing, then so be it

Food is meant to be enjoyed, not just eaten

Life is short.....enjoy it as much as possible....

Have a care for the many people around you who inhale the smoke from your pizza's creation, but don't get any benefit.

Smoke particulates aren't healthy to breathe in. I'm not sure why people find that controversial.
Because for many, life without pizza is unfathomable!

I don't live in or near a major city. I'm off the hook. You city dwellers are doomed. Doomed I tell ya. Prolly should put pizza places on the terrorist watch list.

I don't live in or near a major city. I'm off the hook. You city dwellers are doomed. Doomed I tell ya. Prolly should put pizza places on the terrorist watch list.

No, we just have to wait for windy weather to blow all the smoke your way.

F the environment if I can't have my pizza that tastes like tree sap.

F the environment if I can't have my pizza that tastes like tree sap.

Woodfired pizza is so a threat to the globe, really.

We should outlaw lightning too, since that causes trees and stuff to burn.

Woodfired pizza is so a threat to the globe, really.

We should outlaw lightning too, since that causes trees and stuff to burn.

Liberal cities put silly restrictions an barbecuing already.

Different woods and especially their smoke give unique and delicious flavors to red meats, chicken, shrimp, etc. No other seasoning required if you do it right. If your meat or your grill is wrapped in aluminum foil then you might just as well be taking a limp dick to an orgy.

I just had three chops cut from a cured/smoked pork loin that I finished up this weekend. Tomorrow and the next day I'll have sandwiches made from the part that thin-sliced. If I had my way, I'd only cook with smoke. I've even got an idea for smoked peaches that I'm dying to try.

Last edited:
With about 10% of Brazil’s total population, Sao Paulo’s inhabitants fill their vehicles with a biofuel comprising of sugarcane ethanol, gasohol (75% gasoline and 25% ethanol) and soya diesel.

Food such a sugarcane, or corn that is made into fuel is a crime against the environment and humanity.

Especially when you consider that HUGE part of the rainforest and wetland destruction in SA is being done to provide farmland for the fuel-stocks that are used to maek the ethanol being bragged about. Ethanol is also a major producer of the worst greenhouse gas there is - H2O.

Have a care for the many people around you who inhale the smoke from your pizza's creation, but don't get any benefit.

That just means that just because you're missing out on all that wonderfulness is no reason why should have to. Maybe that's the real reason why this is being pushed - the people pushing it live in cities without wood-fired grills/ovens and are jealous.

Back
Top Bottom