• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Person as Traveled More Miles Than Anyone

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russian astronaut Sergei Krickaliv (sp) has traveld 337,428,000 miles having gone around the earth for 804 days. Add the trips from Moscow to Houston (5,938 miles) for training for the past three years totaling 36 trips you can add another 427,536 miles.

The man needs to get a life. :2razz:

Speaking of life, I wonder, if by traveling all those miles, did it shorten or lengthen his?

Speaking of life, I wonder, if by traveling all those miles, did it shorten or lengthen his?

Exposure to space generally tends to have health hazards to the human body. The fact that there is 0 gravity in space (not no gravity) is enough to mess up the human body. So it is safe to say that it did affect his health, to what degree? Not any degree that is not acceptable.

Exposure to space generally tends to have health hazards to the human body. The fact that there is 0 gravity in space (not no gravity) is enough to mess up the human body. So it is safe to say that it did affect his health, to what degree? Not any degree that is not acceptable.

They'll likely use his time in space to test whether humans can deal with longer trips [like to Mars]

They'll likely use his time in space to test whether humans can deal with longer trips [like to Mars]

That is a possibility, yes. But we know the effects that it has... blindness for issue is a real danger due to 0G.

Muscle degeneration. Gravity on Mars is pretty big... less than on earth, but pretty big for someone who has suffered a lot of muscle damage and weakness to the bone structure. If we are to send colonists to Mars, they cannot survive there unless we artificially raise the gravity in habitats. And while you build that habitat... it's a whole song and dance.

That is a possibility, yes. But we know the effects that it has... blindness for issue is a real danger due to 0G.

Muscle degeneration. Gravity on Mars is pretty big... less than on earth, but pretty big for someone who has suffered a lot of muscle damage and weakness to the bone structure. If we are to send colonists to Mars, they cannot survive there unless we artificially raise the gravity in habitats. And while you build that habitat... it's a whole song and dance.

IIRC I saw a plan where complete pre-fab structures would be sent ahead of any human mission.

Similar: http://www.spacearchitect.org/pubs/NASA-CR-189985.pdf

IIRC I saw a plan where complete pre-fab structures would be sent ahead of any human mission.

Right, that is true. But it is not just that. I mean, so far, humans can't live on mars for an extended period of time unless we have a better way of establishing artificial gravity aside from just centrifugal force.

You age slower like pliots do.

Right, that is true. But it is not just that. I mean, so far, humans can't live on Mars for an extended period of time unless we have a better way of establishing artificial gravity aside from just centrifugal force.

I read a long, long time ago we will adapt to the gravity there over generations. Generating a susatainable atmosphere is first on the list and they pretty much have that figured out. The travel time has to be a huge concern.

I read a long, long time ago we will adapt to the gravity there over generations. Generating a susatainable atmosphere is first on the list and they pretty much have that figured out. The travel time has to be a huge concern.

If we do adapt to the gravity over there, whatever it is that adapts won't really be human.

The gravity on Earth played a crucical part on making us what we are today as human beings. As it did in forming every animal that exists today and has ever existed on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom