• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Pentagon Will End Its Ban on Transgender Americans

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Pentagon Will End Its Ban on Transgender Americans

A formal announcement is expected some time in July....

defense-large.jpg

New policies for uniforms?

This administration so so friggin' ignorant. This kinda b/s is exactly what happens when those who haven't served are in charge.

This is the most idiotic administration in the history of The United States.

Great news!

Transgender Americans are more likely to serve than their cis counterparts. They deserve to be respected for their service and dedication, not be forced into hiding.

Great news!

Transgender Americans are more likely to serve than their cis counterparts. They deserve to be respected for their service and dedication, not be forced into hiding.

It's terrible news. How do you set physical fitness standards for a male that thinks he's a woman? How's that going to work? Just lower the standards for everyone? Make our forces weaker?

What about when a woman who thinks she's a man can't meet the males standards?

And they haven't even considered billeting.

This is either rank stupidity, or an attempt to intetionally undermine the readiness of our armed forces.

It's terrible news. How do you set physical fitness standards for a male that thinks he's a woman? How's that going to work? Just lower the standards for everyone? Make our forces weaker?

What about when a woman who thinks she's a man can't meet the males standards?

And they haven't even considered billeting.

This is either rank stupidity, or an attempt to intetionally undermine the readiness of our armed forces.

I suppose it will be similar to what they are doing with women in combat positions. Make the physical standards MOS specific rather than gender specific. There will certainly be lots of issues, though. I will wait and see how they address them before passing judgement.

We'll see how this works out but ... doesn't it conflict with the Obama ISIS strategy?
You know, him being so worried about creating recruiting tools for ISIS and all?

I suppose it will be similar to what they are doing with women in combat positions. Make the physical standards MOS specific rather than gender specific. There will certainly be lots of issues, though. I will wait and see how they address them before passing judgement.

It will be lots of issues. Issues that will take up time that is better spent training; learning how to stay alive in the battlefield. The lives of our troops take priority over political correctness.

We'll see how this works out but ... doesn't it conflict with the Obama ISIS strategy?
You know, him being so worried about creating recruiting tools for ISIS and all?

Uhhh, you'll have to check with Allah on that. I know it's bad ju-ju to be killed by a female. I can only imagine the hell raising in their heaven when one of them gets killed by a tranny.

Uhhh, you'll have to check with Allah on that. I know it's bad ju-ju to be killed by a female. I can only imagine the hell raising in their heaven when one of them gets killed by a tranny.

Ya never know.

It will be lots of issues. Issues that will take up time that is better spent training; learning how to stay alive in the battlefield. The lives of our troops take priority over political correctness.

The cost/reward argument is a valid one. Is the increase in manpower we get from accommodating transgendered individuals going to offset the man hours needed to implement and maintain the accommodation? I can't imagine there are enough trangendered individuals to make it worthwhile from a manpower perspective.

It is similar to my concerns involving women in ground combat positions. I absolutely believe there are women physically capable of doing the job. But the percentage is so low that it may not make logistical sense to spend the time and money required to recruit and screen them. I'm not in a position to make that judgement, though.

But seriously, folks.
The formal announcement in July had better define what they mean by "transgender".
People use "transgender" and "transsexual" interchangeably for their own purposes.

But seriously, folks.
The formal announcement in July had better define what they mean by "transgender".
People use "transgender" and "transsexual" interchangeably for their own purposes.

True. If we say we will allow transgendered people in who have already undergone full transition then it may not be that problematic. But if we allow people in who have not transitioned who think they may in the future, then we will be saddling the military medical establishment with the VERY time and resource intensive responsibility of conducting the transition.

And now that I think about it there is also the fact that fully transitioned transgendered individuals have to undergo hormone treatments their entire life.

For all intents and purposes, gender dysphoria is a pre-existing medical condition and the military doesn't usually recruit people with medical conditions that will require ongoing treatment. And for good reasons.

No offense to the transgender but I'm just amazed at how much destruction a Commander in Chief can do in one 8 year term in office. I guess that's the overall intent - dismantle the basic institutions of the U.S. Anyone who votes for Hillary must be intent on complete self-destruction. Sorry, but I'm a frustrated citizen - and U.S. Military veteran.

True. If we say we will allow transgendered people in who have already undergone full transition then it may not be that problematic. But if we allow people in who have not transitioned who think they may in the future, then we will be saddling the military medical establishment with the VERY time and resource intensive responsibility of conducting the transition.

And now that I think about it there is also the fact that fully transitioned transgendered individuals have to undergo hormone treatments their entire life.

For all intents and purposes, gender dysphoria is a pre-existing medical condition and the military doesn't usually recruit people with medical conditions that will require ongoing treatment. And for good reasons.

The bolded is actually the biggest issue, those hormones need to be refrigerated, have a shelf life and need controlled usage. This pretty much would make transgendered people fully useless in any war or field environment unless they decided to fully avoid hormone treatments during that time.

Shipping hormones to combat zones under strict conditions as well as having medics fully trained on their use would be rather extreme, so it would render them to stateside only with no real combat ability, or even the bility to handle the field for long periords of time.

With women who meet the standard, shipping feminine products would have been the worse issue, with this new issue the requirements would never fly.

The bolded is actually the biggest issue, those hormones need to be refrigerated, have a shelf life and need controlled usage. This pretty much would make transgendered people fully useless in any war or field environment unless they decided to fully avoid hormone treatments during that time.

Shipping hormones to combat zones under strict conditions as well as having medics fully trained on their use would be rather extreme, so it would render them to stateside only with no real combat ability, or even the bility to handle the field for long periords of time.

With women who meet the standard, shipping feminine products would have been the worse issue, with this new issue the requirements would never fly.

Sure seems infeasible on first glance. I will be very curious to see what sort of plan DoD has.

Sure seems infeasible on first glance. I will be very curious to see what sort of plan DoD has.

If it were not for the hormone issue it would be fully feasable, but with the hormone issue, They are stuck treating them like they did to women in the military around the korean and vietnam war, extremely limited to glorified nurse .

And my great aunt served in the air force during the vietnam war, stateside, as a nurse. Then that was all they would allow them to do. With transgenders it would be a less that they did not want them there so much as they could not have them there. Maybe in a decade science will improve enough to remedy this, but that is not today.

No offense to the transgender but I'm just amazed at how much destruction a Commander in Chief can do in one 8 year term in office. I guess that's the overall intent - dismantle the basic institutions of the U.S. Anyone who votes for Hillary must be intent on complete self-destruction. Sorry, but I'm a frustrated citizen - and U.S. Military veteran.

Well, he did say he was going to 'fundamentally transform' America. Now we know what he meant.

But seriously, folks.

Greetings, bubba. :2wave:

Good point! :thumbs: I wonder if our enemies wonder just WTH we're up to! :lamo

This reminds me of the political oriented Red Army prior to WW2, where political concerns took precedence over combat readiness. In reading about that period now and the parallels are striking.

I recall similar things being said when they allowed blacks to take combat positions after WW2.

This administration so so friggin' ignorant. This kinda b/s is exactly what happens when those who haven't served are in charge.

This happens when you have people making PC decisions for the military instead of logical ones.
the military isn't supposed to be inclusive it is supposed to be uniformly the same.

introducing political agenda's into the military degrades readiness.

Great news!

you have any proof of this or is this just more PC banner waving?

the fact is that this again is another strike in our military on readiness.
I don't think many of the women in the military who have it rough enough are
going to want men in their showers.

how do you attend to accommodate them to keep their privacy?

Back
Top Bottom