• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Pentagon has ordered Stars and Stripes to shut down for no good reason

I read the Stars & Stripes, most everyone did. It was at least a little bit of home when I was on the other side of the world and there was little news from back in "the World". It is as much a part of military life as the common bond between all those who serve.

Trump, having no concept of service and sacrifice for the greater good, is no friend of the US military, veterans, disabled veterans or their families. To Donald Trump people who serve and sacrifice for others are suckers.

Trump wants our serving military to get their news from the "fake news".

That or he couldn't get them to stop telling the truth about him making them fake news too.

He's shutting it down because he just learned that an increasing number of troops have decided that they can't stomach him.

WHAT.....WHAT???? You have got to be kidding!!

Sooner or later we will witness the ultimate hypocrisy when one of Trump's burly leather clad bikers with a POW/MIA patch starts calling disabled and dead troops suckers and losers.
Either that or his Harley riding praetorian guard will finally wake up.
Unfortunately I think the odds are with the former.

WHAT.....WHAT???? You have got to be kidding!!

This is straight out of the Putin playbook and if he gets reelected, he will start shutting down civilian press and media as well.
It is incredible that "It can't happen here" is still playing on our mental jukeboxes.

This is straight out of the Putin playbook and if he gets reelected, he will start shutting down civilian press and media as well.
It is incredible that "It can't happen here" is still playing on our mental jukeboxes.

Agreed....we are so comatose in this country...the veritable frog sitting complacently in the water as it goes from tepid to boiling.

I read the Stars & Stripes, most everyone did. It was at least a little bit of home when I was on the other side of the world and there was little news from back in "the World". It is as much a part of military life as the common bond between all those who serve.

Trump, having no concept of service and sacrifice for the greater good, is no friend of the US military, veterans, disabled veterans or their families. To Donald Trump people who serve and sacrifice for others are suckers.

exactly

Now I am hearing rumors that Trump has decided to walk back his decision to shut down Stars and Stripes....story developing.

a President that rules by his 10yo emotions. what could possibly go wrong?

Quoting Jonathan Chait:
Trump supporters are throwing what’s left of their reputations on the line to deny nothing more than an incrementally worse version of a reality that Trump has already revealed. (on video)

Back
Top Bottom