• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Pentagon has 3 years to strip Confederate names from bases. Here's what comes next

I don't think anyone every treats a John Wayne movie as historical - well maybe the Alamo, but even that glorified the Mexican army somewhat and eulogized the defenders.

But, I'm not saying that you're wrong, what is your source that General Jackson got his nickname "Stonewall" from his deafness ?

You're confused.

I'm not citing the John Wayne movie clip as historical documentary or anything historical about the civil war. Your suggesting I am the single idiot who would do so is offensive of course.

Rather, I stated in my post with the clip that it shows the offensive glorification of the Lost Cause in the popular culture post-Reconstruction until recently, when glorifying the Confederacy's generals and the Lost Cause of the CSA became exposed as trying to glorify racism in a single party CSA racist state and cession for those purposes and ends.

Apart from your own superficial posts, defenders of CSA racist traitor generals who have been shut down by the new and welcome morality are reduced now to hit and run denial posts predicated on cheap pot shots only btw, as we're seeing.

You're confused.

I'm not citing the John Wayne movie clip as historical documentary or anything historical about the civil war. Your suggesting I am the single idiot who would do so is offensive of course.

Rather, I stated in my post with the clip that it shows the offensive glorification of the Lost Cause in the popular culture post-Reconstruction until recently, when glorifying the Confederacy's generals and the Lost Cause of the CSA became exposed as trying to glorify racism in a single party CSA racist state and cession for those purposes and ends.

Apart from your own superficial posts, defenders of CSA racist traitor generals who have been shut down by the new and welcome morality are reduced now to hit and run denial posts predicated on cheap pot shots only btw, as we're seeing.

Citation for you claim?

You're confused.

Nope, the movie "Gods and Generals" glorifies and romanticizes the Southern cause even more.
You're blind if you can't see it.

Nope, the movie "Gods and Generals" glorifies and romanticizes the Southern cause even more.
You're blind if you can't see it.

I haven't said anything about that movie because I haven't seen it.

You make a lot of assumptions and form a lot of impressions and conclusions that are predicated in your preconceptions that have little or nothing to do with anything I'm afraid.

A lot of leaping.

Citation for you claim?

Working at it, believe me.

I haven't gone to it in years, don't remember the title or author so I have to find it again.

You'll have to wait your turn I'm afraid. You'll beg repeatedly and forever until I do it so I'm working on it. Chew on a bone or something.

Working at it, believe me.

I haven't gone to it in years, don't remember the title or author so I have to find it again.

You'll have to wait your turn I'm afraid. You'll beg repeatedly and forever until I do it so I'm working on it. Chew on a bone or something.

I don't. We both know you have lied for years about Jackson and other Southern Generals.

If the Southern Generals were half as bad as you claim you wouldn't have to lie.

I haven't said anything about that movie because I haven't seen it.

You make a lot of assumptions and form a lot of impressions and conclusions that are predicated in your preconceptions that have little or nothing to do with anything I'm afraid.

A lot of leaping.

You haven't ?

As a movie, it's not the worst way to spend a couple of hours, but it's an apologist for the Southern cause in the Civil War.

I don't. We both know you have lied for years about Jackson and other Southern Generals.

If the Southern Generals were half as bad as you claim you wouldn't have to lie.

This isn't the first time I've posted and cited Jackson being as deaf as a stonewall.

So you must be new around here. I've hardly posted to you so maybe I've been ignoring you which would be a super idea if that might be it.

As I said, be patient about this thingy. Chew on a bone or something because I'll get to it yet again just for you CSA lovers and defenders of racism, slavery and treason in the name of CSA generals who are supposed to be different and better than the run of the mill Confederate racist, slaver traitors because they won a couple of battles.

It's not like the CSA generals were up against Patton, Pershing, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Bradley, Chesty Puller, Washington, Schwarzkopf, Mattis, Winfield Scott et al either.

CSA generals were sucker punching Union sap generals like McClellan, Rosecrans, Buell, Burnside, Butler among others. CSA meanwhile had their own loser generals in Bragg, Pillow, Lee, Bee among others while Bedford Forrest was a hit and run raider rather than a notable field general in battle.

Indeed, once your CSA generals came up against Meade and Colonel Chamberlain, Grant and Sherman, Sheridan and Custer, Hooker and their like they and your racist, slaver, single party state CSA were toast. Starting in Atlanta. Ran your peasant racists off Lookout Mountain in Georgia -- the Battle Above the Clouds -- to get to Atlanta and torch it they did. Marched through Georgia to the sea. Indeed, I enjoyed my visit to Lookout Mountain when I lived in GA. Pissed down Stone Mountain on the CSA traitor generals I did.

The good ol' dayze are over of the southern boyz and also their CSA lovers of racism, slavery, treason.

The stonewall comes down.

And out.

Stonewall Jackson removed from Richmond’s Monument Avenue

800.jpeg

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Work crews wielding a giant crane, harnesses and power tools wrested an imposing statue of Gen. Stonewall Jackson from its concrete pedestal along Richmond, Virginia’s famed Monument Avenue on Wednesday, just hours after the mayor ordered the removal of all Confederate statues from city land.

Mayor Levar Stoney’s decree came weeks after Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam ordered the removal of the most prominent and imposing statue along the avenue: that of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, which sits on state land. The Jackson statue is the latest of several dozen Confederate symbols to be removed from public land in the U.S. since the death of George Floyd at the hands of police sparked a nationwide protest movement.

Virginia Military Institute removes statue of Confederate 'Stonewall' Jackson

A crane removed the statue of Confederate Gen. Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

AP20342507784790.jpg

The Virginia Military Institute removed a prominent statue of Confederate Gen. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, a project initiated this fall after allegations of systemic racism roiled the public college.

Around 9:45 a.m., a crane plucked the larger-than-life statue that freshmen were required to salute and slowly hoisted it to the ground. A small crowd gathered quietly on the mostly empty campus in Lexington where Jackson once taught, quietly looking on amid flurries of snow. The school's board voted to remove the statue in late October after The Washington Post published a story that described an “atmosphere of hostility and cultural insensitivity” at VMI. The piece detailed incidents such as lynching threats and a white professor reminiscing in class about her father’s Ku Klux Klan membership.

VMI SUPERINTENDANT RESIGNS AFTER NORTHAM ORDERS PROBE INTO 'STRUCTURAL RACISM' AT HISTORIC MILITARY COLLEGE

201026114103-restricted-screengrab-j-h-binford-peay-iii-exlarge-169.jpg

General J.H. Binford Peay III, 80, led the Virginia Military Institute from 2003 until his resignation on October 26, 2020.

Stonehead Jackson was notorious as an instructor at VMI for memorizing his lectures and deaf as a stonewall answering questions with parts from his lectures. He survived a board ordered inquiry into his incompetence then as a West Point grad was appointed colonel of volunteers in 1861 to get him out of there.

This isn't the first time I've posted and cited Jackson being as deaf as a stonewall.

So you must be new around here. I've hardly posted to you so maybe I've been ignoring you which would be a super idea if that might be it.

As I said, be patient about this thingy. Chew on a bone or something because I'll get to it yet again just for you CSA lovers and defenders of racism, slavery and treason in the name of CSA generals who are supposed to be different and better than the run of the mill Confederate racist, slaver traitors because they won a couple of battles.

It's not like the CSA generals were up against Patton, Pershing, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Bradley, Chesty Puller, Washington, Schwarzkopf, Mattis, Winfield Scott et al either.

CSA generals were sucker punching Union sap generals like McClellan, Rosecrans, Buell, Burnside, Butler among others. CSA meanwhile had their own loser generals in Bragg, Pillow, Lee, Bee among others while Bedford Forrest was a hit and run raider rather than a notable field general in battle.

Indeed, once your CSA generals came up against Meade and Colonel Chamberlain, Grant and Sherman, Sheridan and Custer, Hooker and their like they and your racist, slaver, single party state CSA were toast. Starting in Atlanta. Ran your peasant racists off Lookout Mountain in Georgia -- the Battle Above the Clouds -- to get to Atlanta and torch it they did. Marched through Georgia to the sea. Indeed, I enjoyed my visit to Lookout Mountain when I lived in GA. Pissed down Stone Mountain on the CSA traitor generals I did.

Be patient...

A crock.

It's been over a year since you have been challenged to present citation for your many and varied lies...

Meade had one battle where the advantage was his. Hooker got slapped down. It was Grant, Sherman and Sheridan that finally ground down the confederate generals.

Tangmo history... Sure to fail any US history exam.

There's state park in the greater Atlanta area called Stone Mountain Park. It has a carving of Jefferson Davis, Robert E Lee and "Stonewall" Jackson:

526d145db879c23b539f618f7a20f1ae.jpg

It offends many and there are calls to sand blast it off and replace it with a carving of Martin Luther King Jr

Be patient...

A crock.

It's been over a year since you have been challenged to present citation for your many and varied lies...

Meade had one battle where the advantage was his. Hooker got slapped down. It was Grant, Sherman and Sheridan that finally ground down the confederate generals.

Tangmo history... Sure to fail any US history exam.

I don't bother with you Fledermaus because you always focus on the poster no matter who it is and what it's about. Throwing stones back and forth goes nowhere. It degrades the threads. It's been 7 years and counting.

I don't bother with you Fledermaus because you always focus on the poster no matter who it is and what it's about. Throwing stones back and forth goes nowhere. It degrades the threads. It's been 7 years and counting.

TRANSLATION : You spoke out your ass with your Tangmo History and got called on it.

You've noticed that huh ?

I just ignore him, he continues to write responses to my posts* which I just ignore. You'd be best advised to do the same

See his post above.

I just ignore him, he continues to write responses to my posts* which I just ignore. You'd be best advised to do the same

Told you
As depressing as it is inevitable.

I just can't bring myself to care about this.
I would never make a good Trumpist or Liberal loon.
Perhaps if you were an African American soldier you would feel differently.

You've noticed that huh ?

See his post above.

I posted that it's been 7 years so yes, I have noticed that.

I posted before that I ignore him as advised several years ago.

There's not much of this you're getting I'm afraid. Almost anyone at this thread knows of Stone Mountain btw so your tour guide post was superfluous.

I posted that it's been 7 years so yes, I have noticed that.

I posted before that I ignore him as advised several years ago.

But I keep getting unsolicited responses from him

...almost anyone at this thread knows of Stone Mountain btw so your tour guide post was superfluous.

Don't be so presumptuous - even if a majority have heard of Stone Mountain and its carving, there are sure to be some who haven't so it's hardly superfluous for them is it ?

Back
Top Bottom