• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The PB Truth Movement

FreshlyMinted

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
[Joke][I hope] BP was an inside job!!!
Everytime something terrible happens in this country it's obviously the fault of the higher-ups otherwise to whom would we give our misplaced blame?

Obama is an advocate for alternative energy
BP is a fuel (i.e. energy) company who might just have its assets seized by the government, a government that is increasingly more interested in green energy

perhaps more importantly, this disaster raises the public awareness of the inherent risks in fossil fuels. Turning people off of the idea in general.

Although there were survivors from the crash NONE OF THEM REPORT SUSPICIOUS INFORMATION IN ALMOST THE EXACT SAME WAY

even worse THEY ALL CALL FOR HURTING THE COMPANIES IN A WAY THAT THE OBAMA ADMIN WOULD JUST LOVE

Therefore I propose creating the BPTruth Movement as proof that right-wingers can create crazy conspiracy theories too.

Any other suspicious activity should be reported to this internet forum, the "official" headquarters of the BPTruth movement and wonderful sounding board for armchair physicists
[/I hope][/Joke]

This is just an excuse to get government to start taxing gas more. Liberals will not be happy until our taxes match the $9 per gallon cost that's in Europe. BP is nothing more then the excuse to use the don't let a crisis go to waste tactic of oppressive government ruling..

Apparently there was a suspicion at some level that there was more to the story than a mere accident. According to a friend of mine who owns a company which sells supplies and provides service to off-shore rigs, security has been heavily increased on some of the rigs since the accident. I'm not saying that some kind of foul play happened, nor was my friend, but something has them pretty worried.

This is just an excuse to get government to start taxing gas more. Liberals will not be happy until our taxes match the $9 per gallon cost that's in Europe. BP is nothing more then the excuse to use the don't let a crisis go to waste tactic of oppressive government ruling..

Because liberals just love paying more money for things. We look for any excuse to spend more on things!

Everytime something terrible happens in this country it's obviously the fault of the higher-ups otherwise to whom would we give our misplaced blame?

Well technically it is the fault of the higher-ups both in the government and big oil executives...

1) We (Louisiana) have asked the federal government to give us more containment booms but we still do not have enough to protect our lands from the oil.
2) Big Oil has not learned their lesson from the 70's. The only advances they have made is technology to help them dig deeper.
3) Lack of safety regulations.
4) The federal government as well as the oil companies were not prepared for an accident to happen even though they knew it was a possibility...
5) Clean up crews are getting sick and BP executive uses "food poisioning" as an excuse.

Obama is an advocate for alternative energy
BP is a fuel (i.e. energy) company who might just have its assets seized by the government, a government that is increasingly more interested in green energy

perhaps more importantly, this disaster raises the public awareness of the inherent risks in fossil fuels. Turning people off of the idea in general.

Although there were survivors from the crash NONE OF THEM REPORT SUSPICIOUS INFORMATION IN ALMOST THE EXACT SAME WAY

even worse THEY ALL CALL FOR HURTING THE COMPANIES IN A WAY THAT THE OBAMA ADMIN WOULD JUST LOVE

Therefore I propose creating the BPTruth Movement as proof that right-wingers can create crazy conspiracy theories too.

Any other suspicious activity should be reported to this internet forum, the "official" headquarters of the BPTruth movement and wonderful sounding board for armchair physicists
[/I hope][/Joke]

I heard it was a North Korean suicide torpedo. :wink:

Well technically it is the fault of the higher-ups both in the government and big oil executives...

1) We (Louisiana) have asked the federal government to give us more containment booms but we still do not have enough to protect our lands from the oil.
2) Big Oil has not learned their lesson from the 70's. The only advances they have made is technology to help them dig deeper.
3) Lack of safety regulations.
4) The federal government as well as the oil companies were not prepared for an accident to happen even though they knew it was a possibility...
5) Clean up crews are getting sick and BP executive uses "food poisioning" as an excuse.

Why should the US govt GIVE Lousiana more booms? The state has the authority to demand that the oil companies purchase them, don't they?
Food poisoning is possible, especially if you are eating Cajun food for the first time....:2razz:

Why should the US govt GIVE Lousiana more booms? The state has the authority to demand that the oil companies purchase them, don't they?
Food poisoning is possible, especially if you are eating Cajun food for the first time....:2razz:

IF the US Government has BOOMS then they should sell these to BP so that they can be sited where required.
Food poisoning is indeed possible, but I doubt very much that food poisoning is the cause.
It seems to me that UtahBill has never worked in an oil field. Just a suggestion, why not go to your local gas station and try breathing in those fumes for say 5 or 6 hours without either fainting or feeling nauseated.

IF the US Government has BOOMS then they should sell these to BP so that they can be sited where required.
Food poisoning is indeed possible, but I doubt very much that food poisoning is the cause.
It seems to me that UtahBill has never worked in an oil field. Just a suggestion, why not go to your local gas station and try breathing in those fumes for say 5 or 6 hours without either fainting or feeling nauseated.

Granted we should have more available, but How do they know where they will be required? And the US Govt is not in the business of selling booms to BP or anyone else. Believe it or not, it is financially impossible for the govt to prepare for every eventuality.
As for gas stations, there are already many thousands of people working at gas stations NOT getting sick. Gas is a derivative of oil, crude oil itself is not as bad to be around as gasoline. I grew up in the Texas oil patch, had a working well near my high school...

yes it does show how little control government has.

There is no PB truth. Not without the J, anyways. :mrgreen:

Granted we should have more available, but How do they know where they will be required?)
Perhaps in an offshore Oil drilling Rig area??

And the US Govt is not in the business of selling booms to BP or anyone else.

When the Oil Company does not have sufficient Oil Booms available, but the Government does have some, it behoves both the Oil Co. and the Government to get to gether and get the booms out to wharever they are required.

Believe it or not, it is financially impossible for the govt to prepare for every eventuality.

Agreed, but when some disaster or other strikes at the Gulf government seems woefully inadequate to stand up to the situation at ALL.
After the numerous Hurricanes that have previously struck the Gulf States one might be excused for thinking that someone somewhere within the admisistration had at some point thought about what if?
As for gas stations, there are already many thousands of people working at gas stations NOT getting sick.

True and the reason for this is that they are not continually immersed in Gas fumes.

Gas is a derivative of oil, crude oil itself is not as bad to be around as gasoline.

Crude mixed with dispersants?

I grew up in the Texas oil patch, had a working well near my high school...

I almost hate to have to tell you that Texas is by far NOT the largest Oil Patch in the World, I have worked in many larger Oil patches, I do know how injurious it is to the health of a person who works in an Oil patch, thse folk who are cleaning up this spill are getting sick because of the fumes from the Oil and very likely the dispersant as well.
How far away from your school was this working well, and was it extracting Oil with the assistance of a beam engine?

So Obama sent a US sub down there to blow up the drilling rig? I think I saw a torpedo go off in one of those photos.

Because the Federal Government has just as much if not more liability for this accident as BP, they own the land which they leased to BP, the bloody regulatory commission (Minerals Management Service) is actually funded by the royalties BP pays for leasing the land, if you want BP to assume full liability then sell them the land or better yet let them homestead it.

This is not a fault of BP, it is a fault of Obama, Bush, Clinton and every single president since the industrial revolution. It is the fault of two giant political parties that have shared power without listening what minorities say since 1856.

Apparently there was a suspicion at some level that there was more to the story than a mere accident. According to a friend of mine who owns a company which sells supplies and provides service to off-shore rigs, security has been heavily increased on some of the rigs since the accident. I'm not saying that some kind of foul play happened, nor was my friend, but something has them pretty worried.

Back
Top Bottom