• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Partisan Hack Rules List [W:18]

Wraith8

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1 - Whenever a politician you support occupies the White House, anything negative that happens in the country must be blamed on the opposition party in congress. Whenever a politician whom you DON’T support is in the White House, all blame must stop immediately with him along with passionate denouncements of how “it happened under his watch!”

2 – You should always hope for the worst possible outcome or failure in any endeavor or situation during an opposing political party’s term regardless of the consequences. You must do this in the hopes that such failure will provide an easier political opportunity for your preferred political party to retake power.

3 – Any politician or commentator/pundit who supports your political views is a brilliant truth-seeker who should be credited for delivering brilliant political insights to the people. Any politician or commentator/pundit who doesn’t support your political views is simply a partisan idiot who is spewing nonsense and simplistic soundbites to the brainwashed masses.

4 – Whenever a news media source or cable channel leans towards your preferred viewpoints you must always dismiss the notion that a bias exists. Whenever a news media source or cable channel attacks your preferred viewpoints you must instantly denounce the “bias” and lack of “journalistic integrity.”

5 - If a political embarrassment or scandal breaks out within your own political party you must deflect to a similiar or worse embarrassment or scandal in the opposing political party. If a political scandal breaks out within the opposing political party, you must instantly harp on the scandal ad nauseam by claiming that it’s indicative of the morality of the entire opposing political party.

6 – You should always inflate your own ego by pretending that it is your political party and those who support it that are the morally enlightened ones who have a true understanding of the complex geopolitical climate of our times. Meanwhile the opposing party is composed of either idiots, racists, communists, radicals, bigots or xenophobes.

7 - When an opposing political party does anything it’s only motivated by the most cynical and self-serving partisan reasons. Meanwhile when your own political party does anything it’s motivated by only the most noble and benevolent reasons in furtherance of bringing joy and sunshine to the world.

8 - If anything negative takes place or took place while your party was in the white house, all blame must be shifted to the policies of the previous opposing party that was in control. If anything positive happens while the opposing party was in control then all credit should be shifted to the previous administration of your own party.

9 - Whenever a politician or pundit who you support makes an outrageously offensive or ridiculous statement you must claim that the statement “was taken out of context.” Meanwhile whenever a politician or pundit who you are opposed to makes an outrageously offensive or ridiculous statement you must then totally ignore the context and take the statement completely at face value.

10 – If your political party is in power you must exclusively fixate on only the positives about the country while downplaying or completely ignoring the negatives. If the opposing political party is in power you must then downplay or ignore the positives about the country while grossly exaggerating the negatives in order to make the case of how the opposing party is steering the country into an abyss of irretrievable doom.

Last edited:
1 - You should always inflate your own ego by pretending that it is your political party and those who support it that are the morally enlightened ones who have a true understanding of the complex geopolitical climate of our times. Meanwhile the opposing party is composed of either idiots, racists, communists, radicals, bigots or xenophobes.

2 – Whenever a politician or pundit who you support makes an outrageously offensive or ridiculous statement you must claim that the statement “was taken out of context.” Meanwhile whenever a politician or pundit who you are opposed to makes an outrageously offensive or ridiculous statement you must then totally ignore the context and take the statement completely at face value.

3 – Any politician or commentator/pundit who supports your political views is a brilliant truth-seeker who should be credited for delivering brilliant political insights to the people. Any politician or commentator/pundit who doesn’t support your political views is simply a partisan idiot who is spewing nonsense and simplistic soundbites to the brainwashed masses.

4 – Whenever a news media source or cable channel leans towards your preferred viewpoints you must always dismiss the notion that a bias exists. Whenever a news media source or cable channel attacks your preferred viewpoints you must instantly denounce the “bias” and lack of “journalistic integrity.”

5 - If a political embarrassment or scandal breaks out within your own political party you must deflect to a similiar or worse embarrassment or scandal in the opposing political party. If a political scandal breaks out within the opposing political party, you must instantly harp on the scandal ad nauseam by claiming that it’s indicative of the morality of the entire opposing political party.

6 – Whenever a politician you support occupies the White House, anything negative that happens in the country must be blamed on the opposition party in congress. Whenever a politician whom you DON’T support is in the White House, all blame must stop immediately with him along with passionate denouncements of how “it happened under his watch!”

7 - When an opposing political party does anything it’s only motivated by the most cynical and self-serving partisan reasons. Meanwhile when your own political party does anything it’s motivated by only the most noble and benevolent reasons in furtherance of bringing joy and sunshine to the world.

8 - If anything negative takes place or took place while your party was in the white house, all blame must be shifted to the policies of the previous opposing party that was in control. If anything positive happens while the opposing party was in control then all credit should be shifted to the previous administration of your own party.

9 - You should always hope for the worst possible outcome or failure in any endeavor or situation during an opposing political party’s term regardless of the consequences. You must do this in the hopes that such failure will provide an easier political opportunity for your preferred political party to retake power.

10 – If your political party is in power you must exclusively fixate on only the positives about the country while downplaying or completely ignoring the negatives. If the opposing political party is in power you must then downplay or ignore the positives about the country while grossly exaggerating the negatives in order to make the case of how the opposing party is steering the country into an abyss of irretrievable doom.

Damn, now I know the playbook that the posters "Conservative" and "Fenton" go by.

Damn, now I know the playbook that the posters "Conservative" and "Fenton" go by.

Don't forget head of joaquin and Calamity on the other side of the fence. The OP outlines the partisan hackery you can see from any side of the political spectrum.

Thank you for proving his point.

You should thank Conservative for proving it, TNE just named names. We all know that it explains Conservative and Fenton to a T.

#6 is pure Bronson.

You should thank Conservative for proving it, TNE just named names. We all know that it explains Conservative and Fenton to a T.

#6 is pure Bronson.

Personally I think it describes at the very least 95% of the posters here at DP, 90% of the people across the country, and 100% of the politicians in WA DC.

Don't forget head of joaquin and Calamity on the other side of the fence. The OP outlines the partisan hackery you can see from any side of the political spectrum.

The first response to the list was partisan hackery. Who would have guessed that would happen!

Intellectual honesty has no home in politics. if you meet someone half way, they will simply see it as you moving half way to where you should be and proceed brow beat you into making the second half of the journey. This phenomenon waxes and wanes on both sides of the fence. Remember, winning is far more important than the truth. Always.

The first response to the list was partisan hackery. Who would have guessed that would happen!

Sorry, but my response was the truth, have you actually read their responses before? The list fits them to a T. I'm sure there are many many others on that list, but my point stands.

Sorry, but my response was the truth, have you actually read their responses before? The list fits them to a T. I'm sure there are many many others on that list, but my point stands.

By showing people on just one side of the divide you define what the thread is about. Not showing balance, making sure "your side" is in the right.

Pretty funny actually. Sort of a skit someone would show to prove the OP's point.

Hey someone has to be the hack. May as well be you!

By showing people on just one side of the divide you define what the thread is about. Not showing balance, making sure "your side" is in the right.

Pretty funny actually. Sort of a skit someone would show to prove the OP's point.

You aren't even reading what I posted so don't pretend like you know. I even said earlier, if you would bother reading, that there are BOTH sides of the isle that do this. I was just responding to what I know on a daily basis from those two.

Maybe you should do more reading and less posting before you look even more foolish.

Hey someone has to be the hack. May as well be you!

Oh no, you called me a hack, whatever will I do. This coming from a hack like yourself is funny.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal attacks.

You aren't even reading what I posted so don't pretend like you know. I even said earlier, if you would bother reading, that there are BOTH sides of the isle that do this. I was just responding to what I know on a daily basis from those two.

Maybe you should do more reading and less posting before you look even more foolish.

I read what you wrote. It is sad that people need to pretend on this site that they are openminded. It is fine to be partisan, at least be honest about it.

Back
Top Bottom