• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The overt racism of Tucker Carlson

The LSAT is not even the functional equivalent of the SAT. The SAT actually tests knowledge. The LSAT pretty much only tests how fast you can read, and how much you spent on your LSAT prep course.

That said, as stupid as Tucker is, this video is pretty much just as stupid. Tucker Carlson is little more than a TV comedian. He's not in the running for one of the most important positions in our nation's government.
There was an extremely close correlation between the LSAT and the Verbal SAT test. can those prep courses help you? yes. Can buying a twelve dollar workbook? yes. I did nothing for the SAT and the latter for the LSAT. had about the same score on the verbal as I did the LSAT (it was on the 800 point scale in 1980 when I took the LSAT). I don't recall it being what you claim it is.

When did he ask for any nominee's LSAT scores in the past?
no need to, there is no lowering of standards for white males at any time relevant.

what proof do you have for that

He started dating Susie Andrews, the daughter of the Reverend George Andrews, the headmaster. This connection came in handy during Carlson’s senior year, when, having spent more time debating than studying, he failed to impress any number of prestigious universities. The Reverend Andrews arranged for him to attend Trinity College, in Hartford.

Carlson was, by all accounts, a lousy student, and he now takes pleasure in declaring college overrated.

There are other sources attesting to the same, but before you dismiss the New Yorker and any other source I give you as liberal smear jobs, feel free to provide proof showing Tucker got into Trinity by the merits of his academic performance.

I'll even entertain Breitbart as a source. ;)

He started dating Susie Andrews, the daughter of the Reverend George Andrews, the headmaster. This connection came in handy during Carlson’s senior year, when, having spent more time debating than studying, he failed to impress any number of prestigious universities. The Reverend Andrews arranged for him to attend Trinity College, in Hartford.

Carlson was, by all accounts, a lousy student, and he now takes pleasure in declaring college overrated.

There are other sources attesting to the same, but before you dismiss the New Yorker and any other source I give you as liberal smear jobs, feel free to provide proof showing Tucker got into Trinity by the merits of his academic performance.

I'll even entertain Breitbart as a source. ;)
what were his grades and test scores and what were the admissions standards at Trinity at the time? TC is not in any position where his education matters BTW. Now if he was running for a supreme court (state) position or seeking to be named Dean of the UCLA law school, then your point would have far more merit. Is he being perhaps a hypocrite? Yeah I will give you that.

what were his grades and test scores and what were the admissions standards at Trinity at the time? TC is not in any position where his education matters BTW. Now if he was running for a supreme court (state) position or seeking to be named Dean of the UCLA law school, then your point would have far more merit. Is he being perhaps a hypocrite? Yeah I will give you that.
Not only for his own lackluster academics, but because he made a point of asking for this appointee's LSAT and he didn't the previous two, even though Jackson's accomplishments after entry into law school are arguably more impressive (Harvard undergraduate magna cum laude, Harvard Law School cum laude, Harvard Law Review, Supreme Court clerkship, federal appeals court judge).

So why is Tucker so concerned about her LSAT score?

When did he ask for any nominee's LSAT scores in the past?
relevance? I've never asked if a nominee is a gang rapist, but had i thought of it, i would have asked.

Let's be frank (and civil).

1. Mr. C. wants to know that lady's marks on that test.

2. Reportedly, he has not asked to see the marks of past Court appointees.

3. So why does he want to know her marks?

4. Of course, I cannot read Mr. C.'s mind.

5. But it is no secret that some people have a negative view of the intelligence of that certain ethnicity.

a. So I guess that it is reasonable to think that Mr. C. is implying what "some people" think.

6. In short, it does NOT matter what Mr. C. or anyone else thinks.

7. That lady will soon be on the Supreme Court of the United States of America -- like it or not.

8. As people say, time to move on.

Holding other races to a different standard is the actual definition of racism.

hey look, Tucker being a vile POS bigoted human being participating in grandstanding false narratives and propaganda . . . .must be a day that ends in Y 🤷‍♂️ lol

There was an extremely close correlation between the LSAT and the Verbal SAT test. can those prep courses help you? yes. Can buying a twelve dollar workbook? yes. I did nothing for the SAT and the latter for the LSAT. had about the same score on the verbal as I did the LSAT (it was on the 800 point scale in 1980 when I took the LSAT). I don't recall it being what you claim it is.

I was being glib. The LSAT is an intelligence test of sorts, but it is heavily weighted based on how fast you can read because there is a lot of reading and it is highly time-pressured. At least that's how it was when I took it in the early 90s.

My point was that none of it tests anything to do with knowledge or understanding of the law, and what it mostly tests is reading speed, comprehension and problem-solving. Or to put it another way, it tests how good you are at taking the LSAT.

I was being glib. The LSAT is an intelligence test of sorts, but it is heavily weighted based on how fast you can read because there is a lot of reading and it is highly time-pressured. At least that's how it was when I took it in the early 90s.

My point was that none of it tests anything to do with knowledge or understanding of the law, and what it mostly tests is reading speed, comprehension and problem-solving. Or to put it another way, it tests how good you are at taking the LSAT.
I don't know all the correlations but I do know that several people who hit the 800 jackpot that were good friends of mine all did extremely well at law school. One graduated first in her class at Chicago, two were editors of the Yale Law Journal-with one being an acting Attorney General, the other is a top drawer law professor. Another, who apparently missed one too many answers to get a 800 (793) is Yale's top law professor of constitutional law. were there people who were over 750 (at 750-800 the statistical difference was essentially non-existent) and did poorly? I am sure-you wouldn't know though unless one was a close friend.

I don't know all the correlations but I do know that several people who hit the 800 jackpot that were good friends of mine all did extremely well at law school. One graduated first in her class at Chicago, two were editors of the Yale Law Journal-with one being an acting Attorney General, the other is a top drawer law professor. Another, who apparently missed one too many answers to get a 800 (793) is Yale's top law professor of constitutional law. were there people who were over 750 (at 750-800 the statistical difference was essentially non-existent) and did poorly? I am sure-you wouldn't know though unless one was a close friend.

Did anyone ever ask those people what they scored on the LSAT before offering them a job? Seems to me like it's okay to stop at "graduated first in her class at Chicago."

Well, lah-di-dah

Well, lah-di-dah
this appears to be another case where you are triggered to respond due to who wrote the post, rather than the contents of the post

this appears to be another case where you are triggered to respond due to who wrote the post, rather than the contents of the post
You flatter yourself while most hear you say“You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender, I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”

You flatter yourself while most hear you say“You don’t understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender, I could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”
Most? LOL, a few obsessive types who are mad that their pathetically trite arguments are easily destroyed. Its why a few obsess here. Your stupid personal insults only prove how pathetic the content of your specious arguments are

Did anyone ever ask those people what they scored on the LSAT before offering them a job? Seems to me like it's okay to stop at "graduated first in her class at Chicago."
I just happened to know. you were claiming there wasn't much correlation between doing really well on the LSAT and doing really well in law school.

I just happened to know. you were claiming there wasn't much correlation between doing really well on the LSAT and doing really well in law school.

I never actually claimed that at all, but it's totally beside the point anyway. We can tell how well someone did in law school by looking at their law school record. It's stupid to demand to see their LSAT scores instead.

I never actually claimed that at all, but it's totally beside the point anyway. We can tell how well someone did in law school by looking at their law school record. It's stupid to demand to see their LSAT scores instead.
that's true but the point is-the LSAT is billed as a predictor on first year success in law school.but I see your point-What Carlson is suggesting is that the nominee may not have been accepted into HLS but for lowered affirmative action standards. At one time-Harvard added 130 points on the LSAT scores of blacks. when I was applying to top law schools, the average at Harvard was around 750.Blacks were routinely getting in with 640 level scores. Which is several deviations below what white and Asians had to score

i'm not going to sit through a video. What did he say, exactly? did he call someone the N word?
Communist? Really? Is that what works these days?

I agree that Mr. C. should not have discussed that appointment.

No matter what he says, his enemies are going to label those comments as "racist."

He should have maintained a studious silence.
So, T(r)ucker Carlson is a victim, as he presents Putin, Assange, and Trump to also be?

Tucker Carlson: Americans have been trained to hate Putin ...

https://www.foxnews.com › opinion › tucker-carlson-hate...
Feb 23, 2022 — But Joe Biden likes Ukraine. So Putin bad, war good. How will this conflict affect you? Will affect you quite a bit, actually. Energy prices in ...

My comment :
The bipartisan, Senate Intel Committee's report, for example, "mentions" Assange 183 times...

Wikileaks Dump

...if the bi-partisan U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee's Russia Investigation had not made such a compelling case for "RT personality," Assange being a longtime Russian intelligence asset, I'd be genuinely moved by this portrayal of torment...
  • @post
  • Post #29
  • Dec 7, 2021

The conservative urge to be a victim: Why right-wing victimhood​

https://www.salon.com › 2021/12/27 › the-conservative...

Dec 27, 2021 — Victimized Bully Syndrome: From Kyle Rittenhouse to Donald Trump, conservatives are obsessed with being the victim.

Last edited:
He called into question her credentials and said that 'Mericans have a right to see her law school grades. Keep in mind that he never did this for the past three SCOTUS appointments, some of whom were judges for like 10 minutes before being nominated. It's literally racism when you don't apply the same standards for the past three white justice nominees as you do the singular black nominee.

Beyond that, Tucker Carlson only got into his university because his father maxed out donations (standard practice for rich white kids), and because he married the dean's daughter. Racism, white privilege, and a bad case of affluenza.

Tucker Carlson, as usual, represents the average (white supremacist) American.
I think Carlson is a dog-whistling buffoon. But do you really think the average American is a white supremacist?

Back
Top Bottom