• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The outdated NHRA

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is extremely outdated with rules dating back to when a hot street car meant it did the quarter mile in under 14 seconds - for which all sorts of rules come into play. The NHRA for amateur racing for sport has become the old-guys-driving-dangerous-antique-slow-cars association.

I just looked up the rules to make sure when my wife is done with the some mods on a car she got me that I could take it to the track to see what it'd do. You know, stay off the streets. Hell, it's too fast to amateur drive on an NHRA track. It was too fast stock. Every super car is too fast for NHRA tracks.

Like someone is going to rip out their seats and interior to weld in a roll cage in their car just to see what it'll do - when federal standards make it 5 times safer than a 1960s-1970s muscle car with a roll cage put in.

The NHRA has become where old guys go race old slow cars I guess for amateur racing. That's too bad as virtually all drag tracks follow NHRA restrictions and rules.

I suppose I could pull a couple spark plug wires and slow it down enough to go "racing" on one of their tracks that way.:roll:

Don't they have a test and tune day? I know guys who just take their street cars out that day and run.

Back
Top Bottom