• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Only Worry about Foxy Amy Coney Barrett is She's Too Good to Be True.

They reveal themselves every time something like this comes up.

They don't want judges who do their best to interpret the constitution. They want judges who decide cases to serve their political positions full stop. (And don't tell me they think their political positions are the right constitutional result. These aren't trained lawyers let alone judges, or even historians. They are people who have spent decades listening to the Hannity types tell them that what conservatives want in any given situation was foreseen and intended by the founders.)

That said, although the cost in human life will be great, there is one tiny silver lining to them actually packing the court with judges who will put their religion over precedent: actually succeed in getting rid of Roe will have one hell of a backlash.

There are any number of anti-abortion Democrats. They hold their noses to vote against the GOP. And there are Republicans that aren't anti-abortion. Reverse Roe and the GOP loses those without gaining the anti-abortion Democrats.

Federal law literally prohibits even considering a person's religious believes - but most progressive Democrats hate few things more than rule of law. Read many of them spit on that law on this forum.

It's really hard to imagine a more perfect justice ---or person---than Amy Coney Barrett.

Devout in her faith. Extremely family-oriented. Adopted poor black children. Went through with her pregnancy with a Downs Syndrome Child. Considered among the most brilliant lawyers. She's one of the best judges in the nation. Does TONS of charity work. She's young. And drop-dead gorgeous.

America is so lucky God felt moved to lend America one of His saints.
If she is a fundamentalist that uses arguments of god being behind things that happen, or god blessing protecting and choosing trump, then no she should not be on the court. If she would be picked only because she would undo and replace the roe v wade precedent, then also no she should not be on the court. You cant call her a constitutionalist or textualist or originalist if she is going to defer to her delusions of what the magical man in the sky is wanting. I believe in god, but random ppls interpretations of what god wants or does is the farthest thing from what our laws and justice should be based on. In America, it's about the people and freedom.

After the whole Ukraine corruption debacle, we should all be fluent on what actual justice looks like. Actual justice is not prodded to seek a pre determined outcome. It's not stacked to gain favor. You pick judges that will interpret the written law based on present day and case context. Maybe they lean more towards the verbiage, maybe more towards context, hopefully not more towards some hidden activist agenda which ANY judge is capable of.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They did? Is that right?

In the spirit of honest discussion, I was sure I heard this correctly when I was listening to the news of the day, but when I went back to fact check it, I couldn't find the story anywhere. There is a good possibility I misheard or the story is fake. 🥴

She has mixed race children so of course most white Democrats will rant she is unfit for public office. The racism against her by the Democratic Party for her children is going to be so rabid that it will even be embarrassing to Democratic Party KKK chapters for the level of pure racist hatred.
And what fresh fake universe is that sentiment from? Its alt right racist white supremacists that tend to have the problem with mixed race stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love her too. She’s gonna help us pack the court. She will be my fav SC nom from the GOP in quite a while.
Easier said then done. Dems will need to take the senate. I think they take the senate and have a 51-49 majority, but conservative democrats won't agree to it. Not sure if that will get done.

They reveal themselves every time something like this comes up.

They don't want judges who do their best to interpret the constitution. They want judges who decide cases to serve their political positions full stop. (And don't tell me they think their political positions are the right constitutional result. These aren't trained lawyers let alone judges, or even historians. They are people who have spent decades listening to the Hannity types tell them that what conservatives want in any given situation was foreseen and intended by the founders.)

That said, although the cost in human life will be great, there is one tiny silver lining to them actually packing the court with judges who will put their religion over precedent: actually succeed in getting rid of Roe will have one hell of a backlash.

There are any number of anti-abortion Democrats. They hold their noses to vote against the GOP. And there are Republicans that aren't anti-abortion. Reverse Roe and the GOP loses those without gaining the anti-abortion Democrats.

GOP is all in on Gilead. This lunatic they’re gonna add has no business on the court. If we were a normally functioning democracy, dems would impeach each TRump judge next year as he has no legitimacy as our potus any longer and has no right to take part in our processes.

HOpefully we’ll have to “settle” for expanding the court instead.

Easier said then done. Dems will need to take the senate. I think they take the senate and have a 51-49 majority, but conservative democrats won't agree to it. Not sure if that will get done.

Ohhhhh it’ll get done. GOP is about to kill Roe and healthcare. Just before an election.

We ain’t living under a 6-3 GOP operative court. Nope.

Ohhhhh it’ll get done. GOP is about to kill Roe and healthcare. Just before an election.

It's possible but don't hold your breadth. Only democrats can mess up slam dunks.

It's possible but don't hold your breadth. Only democrats can mess up slam dunks.

Base forced them to impeach. It was the right thing to do. BAse is gonna give them a big ass victory. They’re gonna listen. THey have to. A 6-3 GOP court puts an end to any prog legislation. That’s the ballgame, always has been. GOP cannot govern this country anymore, they cannot win national elections on their policies. So they want to legislate from the bench.

Can’t allow it.

But if they first admit PR and D.C., a move for which there are independent arguments, those numbers would change a bit.

I'm pretty sure I had read that they weren't even having arguments on the ACA case until after the election. Either way, the Court moves rather slowly, so even if they heard arguments today a decision would be very unlikely before election day. If there is an abortion case that has been argued but not decided, I don't know about it.

The Only Worry about Foxy Amy Coney Barrett is She's Too Good to Be True.

(I am gonna answer a serious question, I hope I don't get another trollist reply from you)

What does this mean? "Foxy Coney Barrett?"

I'm pretty sure I had read that they weren't even having arguments on the ACA case until after the election. Either way, the Court moves rather slowly, so even if they heard arguments today a decision would be very unlikely before election day. If there is an abortion case that has been argued but not decided, I don't know about it.

There are several abortion cases waiting to go in several states. This is ballgame for them. It’s not about timing, it’s about intention. Josh Hawley is going to make Amy Conan Barbarian declare she is going to make us all go back into back alleys.

And: this court has a history of speeding things up or slowing ‘em down depending on what the GOP needs.

(I am gonna answer a serious question, I hope I don't get another trollist reply from you)

What does this mean? "Foxy Coney Barrett?"

It means they find her attractive. It’s the only criteria most conservative men have for evaluating a woman. If she passes, then they’ll consider all the other things her tits dont’ obscure.

There are several abortion cases waiting to go in several states. This is ballgame for them. It’s not about timing, it’s about intention. Josh Hawley is going to make Amy Conan Barbarian declare she is going to make us all go back into back alleys.

And: this court has a history of speeding things up or slowing ‘em down depending on what the GOP needs.

Right, but the point is I don't see it happening before this election.

They'll get their judge beforehand, but the test will come in 2021, possibly 2022. Especially so if the abortion cases are still working their way through the state courts.

Right, but the point is I don't see it happening before this election.

They'll get their judge beforehand, but the test will come in 2021, possibly 2022. Especially so if the abortion cases are still working their way through the state courts.

Oh, I don’t think a specific case will be a trigger for what I”m talking about. A 6-3 court with 3 SC picks from an impeached traitor that threatened violence when he loses is enough to get us where we need to go.

You really had to work at coming up with that lie against her black children, didn't you? They are both sexes - so you come up with a hate-lie claiming they are all males.

Race hatred is the art of lying, nothing else.
Do you people ever do anything but listen to right wingers without actually looking into things. I am not talking about race, but way out religion. She is supposed to be Catholic like I am, but she is not she is a part of a real right wing group that calls itself Catholic, but is really something else. And there belief is that the man is the "boss" of the family and he tells everyone what to do including who to vote for. How the hell did you get that I am racist from that. If you want a person who uses race to get ahead, look at the man in the White House who might nominate this woman. Just so you know I am a practicing Catholic and a Trustee of my church.

The ideology of most Democrat atheists is bigotry and hatred of Christians. In your messages, that certainly is your dogma.
How many athiest Dems do you actually know. In fact how many Dems do you really know. THere are a lot of GOPers who say they are religious and then do nothing Christ like. And these same people admire Trump who is possible the least Christ like of the bunch and has probably never seen the inside of a church except for his many weddings and for photo ops. Do not talk about religion if you admire Trump, it is the total hypocritical thing to do.

It's really hard to imagine a more perfect justice ---or person---than Amy Coney Barrett.

Devout in her faith.
Extremely family-oriented. Adopted poor black children. Went through with her pregnancy with a Downs Syndrome Child. Considered among the most brilliant lawyers. She's one of the best judges in the nation. Does TONS of charity work. She's young. And drop-dead gorgeous.

America is so lucky God felt moved to lend America one of His saints.
I pretty much agree with your opinion of Amy Coney Barrett except for her devout faith to a Catholic Church that supports and promotes open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Because I want to hear how they compare to her own opinions of illegal immigration and the border crisis that has been subverting US sovereignty ever since the Reagan Administration.

I also fail to see what the benefits are to appointing a SCOTUS that is "drop-dead gorgeous"?!

I pretty much agree with your opinion of Amy Coney Barrett except for her devout faith to a Catholic Church that supports and promotes open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Because I want to hear how they compare to her own opinions of illegal immigration and the border crisis that has been subverting US sovereignty ever since the Reagan Administration.

I also fail to see what the benefits are to appointing a SCOTUS that is "drop-dead gorgeous"?!
1. Open borders and amnesty aren't official Catholic positions; they are the unfortunate view of a few.
2. It's just nice to have a straight attractive female on the court, that's all.

How many athiest Dems do you actually know. In fact how many Dems do you really know. THere are a lot of GOPers who say they are religious and then do nothing Christ like. And these same people admire Trump who is possible the least Christ like of the bunch and has probably never seen the inside of a church except for his many weddings and for photo ops. Do not talk about religion if you admire Trump, it is the total hypocritical thing to do.
The vast majority of Democrats in this forum seem to be irreligious and even have a disdain for Christianity.

1. Open borders and amnesty aren't official Catholic positions; they are the unfortunate view of a few.
2. It's just nice to have a straight attractive female on the court, that's all.
Catholic church supports illegal immigration. Most mexicans are catholic and they want to fill their pews.

The vast majority of Democrats in this forum seem to be irreligious and even have a disdain for Christianity.
Christianity caused african slavery, holocaust, inquisition, crusades, genocide of the native americans, salem witch trials. You can understand why many hate christianity.

Back
Top Bottom