• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Obama's are reported to have a net worth of $40,000,000

It's not a meaningful difference since Trump has taken over the Republican Party and conservatism in general. Republicans are all on a spectrum of conservatism. And if conservatives don't support their political leaders profiting from their businesses as a result of their office, then they're going to have to square that principle with their support of Trump. Because as it stands, there is no demonstrable behavior on the part of conservatives to lead to the conclusion that that is a principle they value.

That's not true and you know it.

Obama made 15 million dollars from the sale of his two books, which were written prior to his term in office. That should answer your question as to how Obama did it.

Notice, he did not collect fees to join his exclusive clubs, nor did he operate a hotel in Washington DC and collect payments from foreign agents.
He also released his tax returns every year, detailing this income, the taxes paid on it, and the CHARITABLE contributions made each year. I emphasized charitable as it is a term Trump seems unaware of.

Just can't talk about this without bringing up the asshole Trump, can you?

The Obama's are reported to have a net worth of $40,000,000!!! Isnt it about time they stare redistributing it?? Since thats what the commie told us, time for him to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

President Obama donated his Nobel Peace Prize money to charity. He and Michelle have donated time and money to worthy causes.

And best of all - they made this money without inheriting it from their rich parents!

Oh did I mention that we KNOW how much they donate to charities because they have RELEASED THEIR TAX RETURNS!!!!

Talk about EMOLUMENTS CLAUSE.....no one enriched themselves DIRECTLY OFF OF THE PRESIDENCY like the Obamas and Clintons have...

President 5 deferment cadet bone spurs douchebag enriched himself that in the first week.

True communists would be insulted to be associated with a capitalist like obama.

Let's ask a true communist then? I am sure trump can ask his new boyfriend Kim Jong Un what he thinks of President Obama.

Is it anger or pointing how stupid liberals are in wanting to redistribute wealth. Deep down rich liberals know it will never happen.

Well we know conservatives believe the POOR should give more money to the rich.

Harry Truman once said ------------ anyone that gets rich in Politics is a crook. IMO old Harry was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is right. trump is a crook!

Which means so are the Clintons and the Obamas, right?

President Obama ( a real President) and the Clinton's (Both Bill and Hillary) are doing quite well .....That asshole trump?...Not so good...Lots investigations, possible indictments, impeachment imprisonment and so forth...Now you know!

President Obama ( a real President) and the Clinton's (Both Bill and Hillary) are doing quite well .....That asshole trump?...Not so good...Lots investigations, possible indictments, impeachment imprisonment and so forth...Now you know!
Not so fast on the Clintons. The Clinton Foundation CFO is spilling the beans on shady practices including commingling funds and pay for play action while Hillary was Secretary of State. So far, Trump's problems are primarily looney left mental masturbation.

Not so fast on the Clintons. The Clinton Foundation CFO is spilling the beans on shady practices including commingling funds and pay for play action while Hillary was Secretary of State. So far, Trump's problems are primarily looney left mental masturbation.

Sure they are...Keep telling yourself that...The Clintons (Both Bill and Hillary) are laughing daily at trump and his goons being investigated, indicted and soon to be jailed....

Just can't talk about this without bringing up the asshole Trump, can you?

Sorry that the comparison offends you. Fact is Obama made the money legitimately and your complaint is rather suspect.

Sure they are...Keep telling yourself that...The Clintons (Both Bill and Hillary) are laughing daily at trump and his goons being investigated, indicted and soon to be jailed....
Your dedication to mindless, thoughtless defense of all things left wing is impressive but pitiful at the same time.

Let me know when the Clintons have various underlings start getting convicted

Your dedication to mindless, thoughtless defense of all things left wing is impressive but pitiful at the same time.

Just looking at the facts as they are...You Right Wingers seem to have trouble with that...Let everybody know when the Clintons are charged...................with anything

Sorry that the comparison offends you. Fact is Obama made the money legitimately and your complaint is rather suspect.

I made no complaint. I'm not attacking, or complaining, or anything negative. I'm simply talking about the law. I'm not a Trump supporter and would prefer to not participate in deflections by people that would rather bitch about Trump than talk about anything else.

So no, it doesn't offend me, it's just a waste of time.

By the way, it's normal practice to support claims made in posts with links to supporting evidence, like I've done throughout this thread.

Well we know conservatives believe the POOR should give more money to the rich.

You mean the 50% who pay no federal income tax?

Think it is pretty decent that the Obama's are now worth so much.

What part of that do you think is untrue?

Any, or all if you prefer. Neither all conservatives, nor all GOP fit into any one single definition, much less those that your post claimed.

It makes for good talking points for an "I hate the Republicans" discussion, but not so much on actual facts or reality.

The Obama's are reported to have a net worth of $40,000,000!!! Isnt it about time they stare redistributing it?? Since thats what the commie told us, time for him to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troll post, don't reply.

Just looking at the facts as they are...You Right Wingers seem to have trouble with that...Let everybody know when the Clintons are charged...................with anything
Only if you do the same for Trump. Deal?

Let me know when the Clintons have various underlings start getting convicted
Red Herring. Nice try, but still a red herring.

Red Herring. Nice try, but still a red herring.

Your whole schtick is "the Clintons are the real criminals" and yet the convictions and guilty pleas and indictments are piling up on your guy, not mine. Some day you'll have to deal with that.

Harry Truman once said ------------ anyone that gets rich in Politics is a crook. IMO old Harry was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harry was a bankrupt haberdasher of very limited means

Back
Top Bottom