• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Nullification Party

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
When they can't get their way, meaning when the GOP loses an election, they race to delegitimize the winners. They did it with Clinton, going so far as to impeach him after he won reelection by destroying that old fart, Bob Dole, who lost because he had no personality and no cohesive campaign back in 1996. They did it again after Obama routed another old fart, back in '08, when both Houses of Congress also went against them.

Remember the Tea Party protests of 2010 and the "Party of no"? Those fools acted like the world was coming to an end. Biggest bunch of sore losers I ever witnessed.

And, now, after another ass-beating in yet another reelection campaign, and after losing Senate seats in traditionally red states like Indiana and Missouri, the GOP is once again acting like a spoiled child, this time basically holding it's breath and watching the country turn blue.

They simply cannot abide by seeing a majority disagreeing with them politically. They simply cannot respect the opposition. If they win, they govern as if the opposition does not exist. If the opposition wins, they batten down the hatches and refuse to cooperate in any way shape or form. They are the nullification party.

The Nullification Party « The Dish

When ideologies become as calcified, as cocooned and as extremist as those galvanizing the GOP, the American system of government cannot work. But I fear this nullification of the last two elections is a deliberate attempt to ensure that the American system of government as we have known it cannot work. It cannot, must not work, in the mindset of these radicals, because they simply do not accept the legitimacy of a President and Congress of the opposing party. The GOP does not regard the president as merely wrong – but as illegitimate. Not misguided – illegitimate. This is not about ending Obamacare as such (although that is a preliminary scalp); it is about nullifying this presidency, the way the GOP attempted to nullify the last Democratic presidency by impeachment.

Except this time, of course, we cannot deny that race too is an added factor to the fathomless sense of entitlement felt among the GOP far right. You saw it in birtherism; in the Southern GOP’s constant outrageous claims of Obama’s alleged treason and alliance with Islamist enemies; in providing zero votes for a stimulus that was the only thing that prevented a global depression of far worse proportions; in the endless race-baiting from Fox News and the talk radio right. And in this racially-charged atmosphere, providing access to private healthcare insurance to the working poor is obviously the point of no return.

When they can't get their way, meaning when the GOP loses an election, they race to delegitimize the winners.
I think you meant to say the following.
When they can't get their way, meaning when the Dems loses an election, they race to delegitimize the winners.
You see this when the whiners attempt recalls.

I think you meant to say the following.
When they can't get their way, meaning when the Dems loses an election, they race to delegitimize the winners.
You see this when the whiners attempt recalls.
The only successful recall I know of was when the GOP recalled the California Governor, a Democrat.

Thanks for making my case.

The only successful recall I know of was when the GOP recalled the California Governor, a Democrat.

Are you purposely being daft? You are making my case.
You speak of "successful". Successful has nothing to do with it.
Crying fowl and trying to implement a recall, or ending up with an unsuccessful one, are prime examples of whining.

A successful one actually shows the grievance was legitimate.

The GOP is run at this point by neo-confederates who want to revisit the Civil War. Maybe we should accommodate them.

Both political parties and their candidates seem to always tell the voters what they want to hear to get elected. But once elected both seem to forget all the promises they made and start to drive their own and their political parties agenda down the peoples throat. The will of the people long forgotten. Once elected our politicians in office no longer serve the people they instead serve only their party. Such is the state of politics today.

Why, a couple of gun grabbers were just recalled in Colorado, state senators. Back in 2011, the anti-immigration windbag GOPer Russell Pearce was recalled in Arizona (replaced with a pro-immigration Republican), also the State Senate level. A couple of state senators were recalled in Michigan the same year - this time Republicans facing trade union wrath. Before that, there was a whole bunch of recalled mayors, state legislators, and a couple of governors as well.

The GOP is run at this point by neo-confederates who want to revisit the Civil War. Maybe we should accommodate them.

Be careful what you wish for.

Violence is not an acceptable means to a achieve a political goal and this point in time in this country, if you want to kill someone over politics go to Somalia.

Violence is not an acceptable means to a achieve a political goal and this point in time in this country, if you want to kill someone over politics go to Somalia.

You mean when conservatives talk about 2nd Amendment solutions, we should criticized them, right? I hope so.

Last edited:

See, the GOP really does want to revisit the Civil War. Never got over the loss of white privilege. Which is really what the tea party is about.

You mean when conservatives talk about 2nd Amendment solutions, you criticized them?

When anyone talks about using violence because of politics I criticize them. What their politics are makes no difference.

Crying fowl and trying to implement a recall, or ending up with an unsuccessful one, are prime examples of whining.

First off, calling for recalls is a legitimate measure the people can use when dissatisfied with an elected official. Second, Congress not extending the debt ceiling for a budget they themselves passed is not related to the people calling for a recall election.

But, you probably know that. THe recall thing was just all you could come up with to justify the actions of nullification party.

lol...a bunch of angry old fat white guys starting trouble...yeah. THat would be a problem. :lol:

See, the GOP really does want to revisit the Civil War. Never got over the loss of white privilege. Which is really what the tea party is about.

Tea Party = angry old white guys

Both political parties and their candidates seem to always tell the voters what they want to hear to get elected. But once elected both seem to forget all the promises they made and start to drive their own and their political parties agenda down the peoples throat. The will of the people long forgotten. Once elected our politicians in office no longer serve the people they instead serve only their party. Such is the state of politics today.[

:agree: Sad, but true! They know they can get away with not keeping their promises, so they don't worry about it, I guess. Too bad we can't tar and feather them, or something equally threatening, since we pay their salaries!

Why, a couple of gun grabbers were just recalled in Colorado, state senators. Back in 2011, the anti-immigration windbag GOPer Russell Pearce was recalled in Arizona (replaced with a pro-immigration Republican), also the State Senate level. A couple of state senators were recalled in Michigan the same year - this time Republicans facing trade union wrath. Before that, there was a whole bunch of recalled mayors, state legislators, and a couple of governors as well.

THey too were Democrats, IIRC. More proof that Excon's comment in post 2 was silly.

Get ready for lots of recalls of tea party occupiers in Congress when they cause the default and a million Americans lose their job in the ensuing tea party recession.

When they can't get their way, meaning when the GOP loses an election, they race to delegitimize the winners. They did it with Clinton, going so far as to impeach him after he won reelection by destroying that old fart, Bob Dole, who lost because he had no personality and no cohesive campaign back in 1996. They did it again after Obama routed another old fart, back in '08, when both Houses of Congress also went against them.

Remember the Tea Party protests of 2010 and the "Party of no"? Those fools acted like the world was coming to an end. Biggest bunch of sore losers I ever witnessed.

And, now, after another ass-beating in yet another reelection campaign, and after losing Senate seats in traditionally red states like Indiana and Missouri, the GOP is once again acting like a spoiled child, this time basically holding it's breath and watching the country turn blue.

They simply cannot abide by seeing a majority disagreeing with them politically. They simply cannot respect the opposition. If they win, they govern as if the opposition does not exist. If the opposition wins, they batten down the hatches and refuse to cooperate in any way shape or form. They are the nullification party.

Yeah the Democraps never engaged in claims that GWB was selected not elected etc. To claim only one side does that is pure tsunami level hackery

lol...a bunch of angry old fat white guys starting trouble...yeah. THat would be a problem. :lol:

the groups with the most obesity are the groups most likely to vote for the Democraps.

Yeah the Democraps never engaged in claims that GWB was selected not elected etc. To claim only one side does that is pure tsunami level hackery

This isn't the playground, try to talk with more intellectual maturity than a 3rd grader.

Show me on the doll where the Tea Party touched you.

why does the left have such a big problem with opposition?

pertaining to Clinton's impeachment.. why do lefties feel it's a bad thing to hold a person responsible for the crimes they commit?
all of congress should have "nullified " his presidency for the crimes he committed.... unfortunately, Democrats condoned his crimes and rewarded him.

Back
Top Bottom