• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Nuclear Football Goes to Japan

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Obama will have the power of 22,000 Hiroshimas in the suitcase his aide carries with him. He still has time to change....

defense-large.jpg

Article by Joe Cirincione, author of "Nuclear Nightmares: Securing the World Before It Is Too Late"

More journalistic opportunism and a designed hit piece.

Simpleχity;1065904425 said:

Obama will have the power of 22,000 Hiroshimas in the suitcase his aide carries with him. He still has time to change....

defense-large.jpg

Article by Joe Cirincione, author of "Nuclear Nightmares: Securing the World Before It Is Too Late"

Saying it is a good idea to get rid of the nuclear weapons is trash, unless international security is organized quite differently than today. As a matter of fact, the probability of nuclear war might even increase, if no nation has such weapons. So it is an embarrassment that a man, who has not done anything visible to change the global security system in a direction that would prevent nuclear war shoots off his mouth about how nice t would be....

I don't buy it either.

Threads I drop here are solely intended for comment/discussion. Most articles are by officials/officers/civilians that are well known in the defense sector.

However, these articles do not necessarily reflect my own personal viewpoints.

Back
Top Bottom