• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The NRA Says That The Senate Will Pay For Disloyalty

jet57

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
So, the thuggery of the NRA has reach its zenith of arrogance and they are threatening the US government.

NRA strategist: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' | TheHill

A top National Rifle Association (NRA) lobbyist said Sunday that politicians who blame the powerful gun lobby for gun violence will "pay a price for it."

"We have a God-given right to defend ourselves, and firearms are an effective means to doing just that," said Chris Cox, the NRA Institute for Legislative Action's executive director, on ABC's "This Week."

"Politicians who want to divert attention away from the underlying problems and suggest that we are somehow to blame will pay a price for it."

The text you quoted is far more reasonable than the text you wrote. Just sayin...

So, the NRA Can threaten the US senate to bring them in line with agenda.

If a lobby group wants to campaign against certain politicians it is their right to do so.

Well just like you and 5 million of your fellow anti gunners could also threaten the US senate to bring them in line with agenda... if you could find 5 million followers.

Instead you rely on a few rich fat cats:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/us/bloomberg-plans-a-50-million-challenge-to-the-nra.html?_r=0

One guy spending millions to threaten Congress... that's fine with you.

Millions of gun owners voicing their constitutional right to free speech? Terrible in your eyes... "thugs" huh?

Giant Fail on your part.

So, the thuggery of the NRA has reach its zenith of arrogance and they are threatening the US government.

NRA strategist: Politicians who blame NRA for violence will 'pay a price' | TheHill

Hey Jet, I think you've got that the wrong way around. I think the NRA is fed up with the arrogance of the US government (and frankly so am I).

How many more times is there going to be legislation and regulation that punishes law abiding gun owners by infringing on their 2nd amendment rights?
Legislation and regulation that do exactly squat diddly poo in preventing the incidents that they claim they are to reduce? (and have proven not to in the least)

If a lobby group wants to campaign against certain politicians it is their right to do so.

So it's okay for a lobby group to publicly threaten the US senate for NOT going along with the group's agenda.

So it's okay for a lobby group to publicly threaten the US senate for NOT going along with the group's agenda.

They aren't threatening violence, they're threatening a repeat of 1994 after the last AWB. They're threatening what happened to CO officials after supporting gun control.

Its called voting the bastards out!

your hysterical attempt to suggest that a refusal to support a politician's re-election bid is a "threat" in the same vein as say promising physical violence is pathetic. I want the NRA to "threaten" pimps in office who pander to the gun banning scum and by "threaten" I mean promise to mobilize voters against the pimps.

They aren't threatening violence, they're threatening a repeat of 2000 after the last AWB. They're threatening what happened to CO officials after supporting gun control.

that was 1994 but other than that you are correct. In 1994, the NRA and pro rights voters threw the Democrats out of control of the house for the first time in 40 years. Arch Bannerrhoid himself, The head of the Clinton Crime Family, admitted that his "assault weapon garment soiling idiocy was the cause of the Democrat party losses

that was 1994 but other than that you are correct. In 1994, the NRA and pro rights voters threw the Democrats out of control of the house for the first time in 40 years. Arch Bannerrhoid himself, The head of the Clinton Crime Family, admitted that his "assault weapon garment soiling idiocy was the cause of the Democrat party losses

Yeah, I edited that since.

your hysterical attempt to suggest that a refusal to support a politician's re-election bid is a "threat" in the same vein as say promising physical violence is pathetic. I want the NRA to "threaten" pimps in office who pander to the gun banning scum and by "threaten" I mean promise to mobilize voters against the pimps.

If anything, its his side that is looking to resort to violence. They want the government initiate force against gun owners who do not comply with their bad ideas.

and the problem is?

You do know how freedom of speech works right?

Nice dodge.

Funny how you ignore it when it's your agenda, but let a liberal group say something like that and Holy Hell would break loose allover right-wing media.

So, it's okay for an agenda group to threaten the US senate.

If anything, its his side that is looking to resort to violence. They want the government initiate force against gun owners who do not comply with their bad ideas.

absolutely true

what is funny is that the bannerrhoid movement needs men with guns to enforce the bannerrhoid jihad against citizens who own guns

Nice dodge.

Funny how you ignore it when it's your agenda, but let a liberal group say something like that and Holy Hell would break loose allover right-wing media.

of course it is if the threat is one that is not illegal

its perfectly legal to threaten a politician with

1) not voting for her

2) not campaigning for her

3) taking out ads noting that the politician is a bannerrhoid scumbag or a sycophant of the Bannerrhoid movement

4) not contributing to the politicians who vote against one's interest

you are dishonestly trying to make people think "threaten" is confined to something pernicious

Nice dodge.

Calling a fact you don't want to address a "dodge" doesn't work on the rest of us.

Sorry that liberty is such a thorn in your side, actually... sorry not sorry..

Hey Jet, I think you've got that the wrong way around. I think the NRA is fed up with the arrogance of the US government (and frankly so am I).

How many more times is there going to be legislation and regulation that punishes law abiding gun owners by infringing on their 2nd amendment rights?
Legislation and regulation that do exactly squat diddly poo in preventing the incidents that they claim they are to reduce? (and have proven not to in the least)

No, I think a right-wing agenda front group threatened the United States Senate, that's what I think. I think that a right-wing agenda driven front group just told the US senate, in front of the American people that said front group is paying the senate for a service and that they will be cut off if they don't tow the line.

And you know what? The Us senate - today - towed the line and gave into the threat:

Orlando Massacre Wasn't Enough To Spur Senate To Pass Gun Control Bills

So now, gun thuggery is controlling the United States senate. And that's okay with you.

Calling a fact you don't want to address a "dodge" doesn't work on the rest of us.

Sorry that liberty is such a thorn in your side, actually... sorry not sorry..

(chuckle)

Dude - ya dodged.

No, I think a right-wing agenda front group threatened the United States Senate, that's what I think. I think that a right-wing agenda driven front group just told the US senate, in front of the American people that said front group is paying the senate for a service and that they will be cut off if they don't tow the line.

And you know what? The Us senate - today - towed the line and gave into the threat:

Orlando Massacre Wasn't Enough To Spur Senate To Pass Gun Control Bills

So now, gun thuggery is controlling the United States senate. And that's okay with you.

You're okay with violating the rights of law abiding citizens, I care not what you think. You enemy of freedom.

(chuckle)

Dude - ya dodged.

What did I dodge? That post of yours wasn't even aimed at me genius. It was jaeger19.

You even suck at sucking, wow...

They aren't threatening violence, they're threatening a repeat of 1994 after the last AWB. They're threatening what happened to CO officials after supporting gun control.

No, it's threatening to defund.... The NRA doesn't control enough votes in this country to have an effect.

Back
Top Bottom