• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The non-aborted's views on abortion

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I could also entertain topics such as:

- A white slave owner's view of Black slavery in 1850

- A king's view on the state of peasants in his realm

- A Nazi's view of Jews in 1938

- The Koch brother's views of the poor

- A white cisgender male's view of a Black transwoman

So tell me, non-aborted, what are your "personal" thoughts on abortion?

Given the above qualifications....the same as yours! 😂

It should be completely legal, safe, and entirely the decision of the woman with no restriction as well as no one else's business!

That such posts as yours do tend to push the idea that there is a strong correlation between anti abortion ideology and misogyny.

I had two miscarriages between my second child and my third child.

My mother had two miscarriages between my older sister and myself.

If I had been aborted or miscarried it would not matter to me.

Miscarriages are almost always unwanted by the woman.

Elective abortions were wanted by the woman.

HOLY SWEET DELICIOUS IRONY!!!

so tell me non able to get pregnant and not being forced to risk their life and health against their will and not getting their rights taken away person . . . . . . . . what is your thought on banning abortions?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i dont think i have seen an op look so inane and instantly own itself so fast with sheer monumental amounts of irony, hypocrisy and stupidity in it like that!
holy shit that was an all-time fail, congratulations!

wait i gotta ask, was that on purpose? did you try to make your op fail that hard and look that dumb? I hope so because if not . . again that is an all-time instant fail and exposes how narrow-sighted and moronic your OP was.
👏👏👏👏

😂🍿

What are you personal thoughts on execution, road deaths or euthanasia?

Fascinating subjects indeed. Here's what the aborted have to say about them:

i know i know, you didnt try to make you OP look this stupid and fail that hard on purpose . .

you saw this somewhere else in some nutter echo room site where everybody is prolife and you thought it was a winner so you brought it here thinking it made sense then BOOM!!! it totally fail apart and was exposed for how stupid and hypocritical it is LMAO

😂🍿

It's also what the executed, people who die in car crashes and the euthanised have to say about them too. Having not been a "victim" of something doesn't automatically invalidate your opinion on the topic, especially in areas where none of the "victims" are able to express an opinion by definition.

It's also what the executed, people who die in car crashes and the euthanised have to say about them too. Having not been a "victim" of something doesn't automatically invalidate your opinion on the topic, especially in areas where none of the "victims" are able to express an opinion by definition.

In order to have a full perspective on execution, I'd have to imagine myself on both sides. If someone busts into my house at 2am with dark intent, I'd be comfortable making the decision to kill that person. This is entirely from my own selfish point of view, without regard for the home invader's wishes, needs and good qualities.

If I were the home invader, I'd understand the possibility of deadly force used against me. It's a simple 'golden rule' calculation.

I've been waiting for a place to post this. It's an opinion piece by a woman who was a product of rape and, unlike all the anti-abortion poster people so produced, she's pro-choice and tells why here. Lovably, she actually considers her mother's life and not just her own:

In order to have a full perspective on execution, I'd have to imagine myself on both sides.
Yes, and since we can imagine being in any situation and logically assess all of these things on that basis, your implication that only the opinions of people have been directly involved can be relevant is simply wrong (especially in examples where that is impossible by definition).

Well, to keep things consistent you'll need to ask: So, tell me, pro-choicers, what are your views of the aborted?
My response: The same view as I have regarding still-borns, the spontaneously aborted, children forced to be born into sexually abusive homes, poverty or drug addiction. I view them with empathy and compassion.

So, tell me, content pro-lifer, what are your views of the welfare participants, drug abused, those without health insurance, homeless?

Last edited:

Euthanasia is Step 1 in an abortion at a Planned Parenthood clinic. The other two have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I've been waiting for a place to post this. It's an opinion piece by a woman who was a product of rape and, unlike all the anti-abortion poster people so produced, she's pro-choice and tells why here. Lovably, she actually considers her mother's life and not just her own:

My life has come a long way since my childhood, which was marked by tears and pain. I’ve achieved many accomplishments — PhD from Princeton, a tenure-track job at a research university, fellowships, grants, awards and two children. Many people who are against abortion rights would look at me, and say, “See — you’re here and have accomplished so much.”

I can't speak for all pro lifers, but it's eugenic to suggest that a person has to be a certain success level to justify their non-aborted status.

“I wish you had never been born. I should have had an abortion.”
I can’t remember the first time my mother told me that. But I do remember the first time I responded differently, other than freezing in place or bursting into tears.

Her mother deemed her unworthy of life. Recognizing the hypocrisy of continuing to live when her mother wished she had never existed, the author advocates that an abortion sentence be carried out on others, while she enjoys a tenure-track job. I view it as extreme arrogance as a pro-choicer "chooses" themselves to live, while advocating the death of others.

So, tell me, content pro-lifer, what are your views of the welfare participants, drug abused, those without health insurance, homeless?

Again, this suggests some sort of eugenics as we're drawing a line between those that should have been aborted and those that we feel have good enough lives to justify their non-aborted status. Keep in mind that by "we", I mean third party observers passing judgement on the lives of others, and telling them whether they should have been aborted or not. The lower classes of people you mention could end their lives if they deem their circumstances too much to bear.

However, given that there are millions of people on welfare, doing drugs, homeless and uninsured, these people are not choosing to end their lives. As such, they are deeming themselves worthy of life. Would you pass judgement and take it from them?

Again, this suggests some sort of eugenics as we're drawing a line between those that should have been aborted and those that we feel have good enough lives to justify their non-aborted status.
LOL.
Typical anti-choice histrionics. It suggests nothing of the kind. You're trying too hard. Like almost all anti-choicers you've conveniently forget the other side of the choice coin. I've no business in knowing why any particular woman would choose to abort or, alternatively, see her pregnancy through. In a perfect world she'd always and gleefully birth her baby yet, sadly we fail to live in such a world where all relevant circumstance are positive.
Speaking of failing....try another rhetorical tack.

That I got lucky...my parents were in the position to emotionally and financially welcome new family members. They chose to reproduce biologically and adopted. 2 and 2. Lucky to develop fully and healthy. Lucky also to be born in a first world country.

The born act according to their needs for the best outcomes for their lives...the unborn do not 'act.' Or think or form intent. Any woman that needs an abortion should be able to safely and easily have one.

The newborn immediately starts interacting with its environment, noticing from the start that crying causes reaction from others...and starts manipulating its world.

Life isnt guaranteed. Not in nature, not in society, not by law. Every Homo sapiens plays the odds. So tell me, since you're "non-aborted", what are your "personal" thoughts on abortion?

Last edited:

Why would something that doesnt exist have an opinion? Is this a discussion or a fantasy?

Last edited:
Why would something that doesnt exist have an opinion? Is this a discussion or a fantasy?
Fantasy is all they have to work with.

My life has come a long way since my childhood, which was marked by tears and pain. I’ve achieved many accomplishments — PhD from Princeton, a tenure-track job at a research university, fellowships, grants, awards and two children. Many people who are against abortion rights would look at me, and say, “See — you’re here and have accomplished so much.”

I can't speak for all pro lifers, but it's eugenic to suggest that a person has to be a certain success level to justify their non-aborted status.

“I wish you had never been born. I should have had an abortion.”
I can’t remember the first time my mother told me that. But I do remember the first time I responded differently, other than freezing in place or bursting into tears.

Her mother deemed her unworthy of life. Recognizing the hypocrisy of continuing to live when her mother wished she had never existed, the author advocates that an abortion sentence be carried out on others, while she enjoys a tenure-track job. I view it as extreme arrogance as a pro-choicer "chooses" themselves to live, while advocating the death of others.

Again, this suggests some sort of eugenics as we're drawing a line between those that should have been aborted and those that we feel have good enough lives to justify their non-aborted status. Keep in mind that by "we", I mean third party observers passing judgement on the lives of others, and telling them whether they should have been aborted or not. The lower classes of people you mention could end their lives if they deem their circumstances too much to bear.

However, given that there are millions of people on welfare, doing drugs, homeless and uninsured, these people are not choosing to end their lives. As such, they are deeming themselves worthy of life. Would you pass judgement and take it from them?
You have been very selective in citing from the article. What you didn't note or understand is that she thought her mother should have had a right to an abortion of the embryo or fetus that became her own body.

I'm just guessing, but I suppose she realizes that being forced to continue a rape pregnancy is possibly why her mother wasn't able to have the wonderful life she herself went on to have in adulthood. That is, I think she realizes that pregnancy and childbirth alienate part of a woman's own life, a part that would be hers to live if she didn't have a child that took her place instead.

As for worth, I think it's clear that she didn't judge as you do and didn't think she had made the world a better place by coming into it despite any accomplishments she appeared to have. She thought, and I think, that it is the woman's prerogative to consent or refuse to consent to pregnancy, just as it is her prerogative to consent or refuse to consent to sex or marriage.

We are here in this world not because we chose to come or this world is worthwhile. It is rather lovely to think that our parents wanted us and prayed for us to come and received us as answers to their prayers, because then we accomplished something by coming as an answer to prayers though we don't deserve credit for it. But I don't think of some as more worthy than others.

Rather, I think an embryo is nothing but a biological blueprint for making the body for a baby and that pregnancy is the process of making it. Until pregnancy is over, the making is unfinished, so the fetus is unfinished until it's really ready to come out. Preemies aren't finished, either, and that is sad, because the body isn't really ready for the human conscious awareness, perception, and expression by which we know it's a person with both life and liberty rights.

I think that it's no one's business but the woman's if she doesn't want to use her body to make a body for a future child, but that, if she's already made it to the point in pregnancy of fetal viability, others can reasonably ask that she give birth to it so long as it is not drastically deformed or disabled and the birth is not especially likely to cause her death or serious impairment of her health.

I think people who support laws banning abortion before viability are no different from rapists, are among the most selfish people on earth, and ultimately deserve what they propose for others. Use force, be forced, put women or doctors in prison for violating your will on this, be put in prison for violating others' will, insult pro-choicers and be insulted, etc., etc. Get it?

Back
Top Bottom