• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Nightmare Scenario

If they ensure the election is fair and square it will sit fine with the People, Anyone cheats should be charged and sent to a lengthy stay in a Federal Pen, ANYONE.

That isn't what happened to Melowese Richardson { a Cincy Poll worker }
who was caught red-handed in Election Fraud.She was charged and
sentenced to 5 years for Election Fraud.She got released early and was quickly
celebrated in Ohio.Even By Al Sharpton who kept his distance.

That isn't what happened to Melowese Richardson { a Cincy Poll worker }
who was caught red-handed in Election Fraud.She was charged and
sentenced to 5 years for Election Fraud.She got released early and was quickly
celebrated in Ohio.Even By Al Sharpton who kept his distance.
Well here in Texas they sentenced one to years in jail for it, oh she was voting Repub. So there ya go, sometime they do something and sometimes they don't, I think this time some people are going to wish they hadn't.

Well here in Texas they sentenced one to years in jail for it, oh she was voting Repub. So there ya go, sometime they do something and sometimes they don't, I think this time some people are going to wish they hadn't.

Of course that wasn't a Pol pulling Election fraud.Take Congressman Jim Moran.
He left Congress on account his son { Patrick } who operated father Jim's
Campaign Field office got caught but good.Project Veritas went into action.
Had Patrick Moran on the phone { had no idea it was an undercover sting }
who gladly explained in detail how to *Illegally Register a voter.Using a prostitute
as an example.That Phone call went viral and Jim Moran { a regular Bigmouth on
- Hardball - } had little choice but to step down from Congress.

* cast fraudulent ballots

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. I long-winded fantastical set of election chaos scenarios. The media keeps trying to drum up a constitutional crisis over the presidential election where Biden ultimately wins but Trump won't concede. Huh?

Americans will almost certainly go to bed on Nov. 3 without knowing who won the presidential election. Since millions of people will vote by mail, constraints on time and resources will slow ballot counting into potentially a weeks-long process. Voting patterns suggest it’s likely that President Donald Trump could end Election Day in the lead in certain key states, only to be overtaken by Democratic opponent Joe Biden when more votes are tallied.

This could create a nightmare scenario during the three months stretching from Election Day to the Jan. 20 inauguration: a battle on the state and congressional level over who is the legitimate winner. This could include Congress reconvening on Jan. 6, presided over by Vice President Mike Pence, with no consensus over its potential role in choosing the next president.

This is arguably the most likely of the contested-election narratives, and now the Supreme Court — which would likely have to rule on the legal arcana at issue in this epic battle — has been thrown into its own nightmare scenario with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

If this election is that close then this country is in a real mess and has far too many radicals who will violate what our Founders created. There is no valid reason to put a SF liberal a heartbeat from the Presidency and another multi millionaire public servant in the WH. Biden's resume is empty and if the radicals in this forum would truly give his rhetoric the same anal exam they are giving Trump's then it would be a Trump victory like Reagan's in 1984, 49 states won.

The party of gloom, doom, personal destruction, racism, and anti private sector, running cities and states into the ground has no business in national office. This country wasn't built on the ideology of creating dependence and a massive nanny state. All one has to do is look at the endorsements and when I see every radical group in the nation endorsing Biden and our police who are funding, hired, and trained by cities biting the hand that feeds them by endorsing Trump the choice is clear. Too many sheep in today's Democratic Party buying the liberal rhetoric and ignoring theliberal results

Jay59 said:
called you on your hyperbole.

You are also incorrect. Gore initiated the courts--and lost.

The Supreme Court already set the standard on recounts. All votes must be recounted and the date appointed for the Electoral College vote is a hard deadline.
The SCOTUS in Gore v. Bush 531 U.S. 98 (2000) specifically stated that the decision does not set precedent.
If this election is that close then this country is in a real mess and has far too many radicals who will violate what our Founders created. There is no valid reason to put a SF liberal a heartbeat from the Presidency and another multi millionaire public servant in the WH. Biden's resume is empty and if the radicals in this forum would truly give his rhetoric the same anal exam they are giving Trump's then it would be a Trump victory like Reagan's in 1984, 49 states won.

The party of gloom, doom, personal destruction, racism, and anti private sector, running cities and states into the ground has no business in national office. This country wasn't built on the ideology of creating dependence and a massive nanny state. All one has to do is look at the endorsements and when I see every radical group in the nation endorsing Biden and our police who are funding, hired, and trained by cities biting the hand that feeds them by endorsing Trump the choice is clear. Too many sheep in today's Democratic Party buying the liberal rhetoric and ignoring theliberal results
Oh man. We have a president that in his inaugural address recited a litany of horribles including gangs, drugs, crime, poverty, and unemployment, and categorized the nation as “ American carnage,” but it's the Democrats that are the party of gloom, doom and personal destruction? He's a president that doesn't respect voting -- threatens to throw out tens of millions of ballots unless he wins. He uses the AG as his personal lawyer, who protects him from legitimate subpoenas -- and running off trying to undermine American democracy.

Your attempt to paint Biden as a radical is a complete failure. Biden has spent 46 years in public service as a moderate. His presidency will be moderate, just like Obama's presidency was moderate. The only radicals are on the right. Your radicals want to deny Americans health care insurance guaranteed in the ACA; they want to disband Social Security and Medicare too. Some even want to go back on the gold standard. Now that's radical.

Are you going to respond to my point that continually blaming "the media" is lazy thinking?
By constantly blaming the media, you sound just like a Trumper.

I'll admit that expecting the media to get it right, about either side, is becoming more difficult than ever. But I don't hate people, including Trump, only their deeds. If he's unfairly attacked, I'll call bullshit, same with Biden.

No, you feel "compelled" to do so because you have no other choice. If people begin to see what kind of trash you are supporting then you will lose. An "appeal" to reality is not an argument of passions unlike the argument you use, or trump uses. The cretin is a lying, adulterous, cowardly, thief, and that is the reality of the matter, and the ones lacking in any moral basis are the ones defending him.

I try to judge people's deeds, not mob-like, overly emotional, sweeping condemnations. One way is fair, the other is stupid.

One part is definitely wrong. Unless he resigns, djt will still be President on 1.6.21

Unless the current dynamics change dramatically, I don't see it.

I'll admit that expecting the media to get it right, about either side, is becoming more difficult than ever. But I don't hate people, including Trump, only their deeds. If he's unfairly attacked, I'll call bullshit, same with Biden.

It appears that you blame the media.
Not about "getting it right" but about reporting things at all.
Again: The media is merely reporting what important people have been saying, and if the media did not report on that sort of thing, they would not be doing their job, and many of the same people would be complaining that the media had been keeping them in the dark.

Sorry, I just don't get it. Why are we attacking the media when the media is the reason we've learned so much about Trump?
I think it's learned behavior, I think it's very disturbing learned behavior, learned in the last five years, taught by an autocrat who was taught by the biggest autocrats walking the Earth.

We in America, the land of what used to be the most free press in history, are now talking about the media the way people talk about the media in countries where the government exercises exclusive and total control over the media.
I am not saying it is wrong to speak out when the media gets something wrong, I am responding to evidence that we are now acting like people in third world dictatorships do toward their news media.

I have been to Russia twice, once when it was the USSR and once immediately after the fall of the USSR.
We didn't use to regard our news media the way Russians view theirs but we do now, in the last five years!
We sound EXACTLY like Russians now.
A guy like Bob Woodward does the impossible and GETS Trump on TAPE, in his OWN words, incriminating himself IN his own words, and people are acting like HE is the bad guy!

Really? Seriously?

Not about "getting it right" but about reporting things at all.
Again: The media is merely reporting what important people have been saying, and if the media did not report on that sort of thing, they would not be doing their job, and many of the same people would be complaining that the media had been keeping them in the dark.

Sorry, I just don't get it. Why are we attacking the media when the media is the reason we've learned so much about Trump?
I think it's learned behavior, I think it's very disturbing learned behavior, learned in the last five years, taught by an autocrat who was taught by the biggest autocrats walking the Earth.

We in America, the land of what used to be the most free press in history, are now talking about the media the way people talk about the media in countries where the government exercises exclusive and total control over the media.
I am not saying it is wrong to speak out when the media gets something wrong, I am responding to evidence that we are now acting like people in third world dictatorships do toward their news media.

I have been to Russia twice, once when it was the USSR and once immediately after the fall of the USSR.
We didn't use to regard our news media the way Russians view theirs but we do now, in the last five years!
We sound EXACTLY like Russians now.
A guy like Bob Woodward does the impossible and GETS Trump on TAPE, in his OWN words, incriminating himself IN his own words, and people are acting like HE is the bad guy!

Really? Seriously?

I blame people, which is what makes up the 'media.' The Press serves a necessary purpose, like cops, but have been trying to influence the news too much for ratings, rather than just unbiasedly reporting it. I'd rather make up my own mind on individual topics than being led by the nose.

Not about "getting it right" but about reporting things at all
You completely missed the point, which is that the Bush campaign used the courts to stop the recounts. There's every reason to suspect that the Trump campaign will do this too because...he said he would. Except that he'll use the courts to stop the counting of the votes; not just a recount.

He has openly stated that verbatim.
From where I sit, any judge or justice who is picked by Trump and is aware of those statements must recuse for the exact same reason Jeff Sessions did.

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's you. I admitted Trump might pull something worse than he already has but I don't believe he'll get a senate majority support on anything that further erodes the countries stability. You'd better hope I'm right or the rioting from your scenario will make the recent BLM ones look like a picnic.

It doesn't sound like he better hope you're right. It sounds like YOU hope you're right.
Your projection is 58,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ft/lamberts.

And you're .... "NOT RIGHT".

That is exactly what Mitch McConnell and His Senate intend to do.
They do not view it as a bug, they view it as a feature.
And you're whistling "It Can't Happen Here" even after it has already happened.

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. I long-winded fantastical set of election chaos scenarios. The media keeps trying to drum up a constitutional crisis over the presidential election where Biden ultimately wins but Trump won't concede. Huh?

Americans will almost certainly go to bed on Nov. 3 without knowing who won the presidential election. Since millions of people will vote by mail, constraints on time and resources will slow ballot counting into potentially a weeks-long process. Voting patterns suggest it’s likely that President Donald Trump could end Election Day in the lead in certain key states, only to be overtaken by Democratic opponent Joe Biden when more votes are tallied.

This could create a nightmare scenario during the three months stretching from Election Day to the Jan. 20 inauguration: a battle on the state and congressional level over who is the legitimate winner. This could include Congress reconvening on Jan. 6, presided over by Vice President Mike Pence, with no consensus over its potential role in choosing the next president.

This is arguably the most likely of the contested-election narratives, and now the Supreme Court — which would likely have to rule on the legal arcana at issue in this epic battle — has been thrown into its own nightmare scenario with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Can't somebody stop them then ?

I blame people, which is what makes up the 'media.' The Press serves a necessary purpose, like cops, but have been trying to influence the news too much for ratings, rather than just unbiasedly reporting it. I'd rather make up my own mind on individual topics than being led by the nose.

So Bob Woodward playing Trump's voice on tape is you being led around by the nose, got it.

There is no valid reason to put a SF liberal a heartbeat from the Presidency and another multi millionaire public servant in the WH.

Sure there is. You will hate it. Therefore I want it.

How does mailing out ballots translate into fraud?

No chain of custody.

Then, we have stories starting to pop out already of discarded ballots in PA and WI. If those are being found, how many are not.

We have a postal worker attacking a group of Trump supporters, with fists and a knife. If he's willing to do that, you think he might be willing to discard ballots from known Trump voters or a more republican/Trump area?

I'm sick of leftists insisting that minorities are incapable of doing this. It's bigotry.

I think it was will witt who went to a college campus,and talked to white kids. The whites were talking about how black people won't have an id, can't find the dmv., etc. Then he found random black individuals on the street... and they were more than capable of all of it.

If you haven't seen it, search on YouTube. Its funny.

These leftys are more racist and white supremacists then anyone i know.

It doesn't sound like he better hope you're right. It sounds like YOU hope you're right.
Your projection is 58,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ft/lamberts.

And you're .... "NOT RIGHT".

That is exactly what Mitch McConnell and His Senate intend to do.
They do not view it as a bug, they view it as a feature.
And you're whistling "It Can't Happen Here" even after it has already happened.

Get a clue.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., tweeted Thursday: “The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.”

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, tweeted: “As we have done for over two centuries we will have a legitimate & fair election It may take longer than usual to know the outcome, but it will be a valid one And at noon on Jan 20, 2021 we will peacefully swear in the President.”

Rep. Steve Stivers, R-Ohio, a former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, echoed his colleague and said on Twitter Thursday that “nothing defines our Constitutional Republic more than the peaceful transition of power.”

Get a clue.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., tweeted Thursday: “The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.”

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, tweeted: “As we have done for over two centuries we will have a legitimate & fair election It may take longer than usual to know the outcome, but it will be a valid one And at noon on Jan 20, 2021 we will peacefully swear in the President.”

Rep. Steve Stivers, R-Ohio, a former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, echoed his colleague and said on Twitter Thursday that “nothing defines our Constitutional Republic more than the peaceful transition of power.”

The same guys just said they will automatically endorse whoever gets picked by Trump for SCOTUS.
Anyone, no matter who it is, doesn't matter. Trump could nominate Ivanka. He could nominate Barron.
He could nominate one of his turds, doesn't matter.
And now I'm supposed to believe them when they assure us of a fair election count.
Right.

Someone needs to get a clue alright.

Back
Top Bottom