• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Zimmerman (almost)[W:65]

I wasn't aware my color was visible on the forum. Which option do I need to set to see another poster's color?

It sure isn't, but I've been using the internet long enough to know common statements made by Caucasians (thanks to yahoo.com) in reference to African-Americans. I notice most Caucasians when referencing deviant behavior always refer to a person of color as
"thug" "ghetto" etc.....

Re: The next Zimmerman (almost)

Besides athletes and entertainers, how many people with disrespectful attitudes have you rise to a much higher status?

I have seen an awful lot of people with deplorable attitudes get filthy stinking rich.

Last edited:

1. a non-black adult and black teen
2. adult tries to keep the neighborhood clear from trouble
3. teen calls the adult racial slurs
4. teen reacts aggressively when confronted
5. the left doubts the adult's testimony and calls him a racist

Do I need to go on?

Well you are a little angel aren't you honey.

It sure isn't, but I've been using the internet long enough to know common statements made by Caucasians (thanks to yahoo.com) in reference to African-Americans. I notice most Caucasians when referencing deviant behavior always refer to a person of color as
"thug" "ghetto" etc.....

What would you project my "color" to be and why?

I didn't, you responded to a comment I made. I made no inference to you.

Yet you responded to my post with the following...

"It sure isn't, but I've been using the internet long enough to know common statements made by Caucasians (thanks to yahoo.com) in reference to African-Americans. I notice most Caucasians when referencing deviant behavior always refer to a person of color as
"thug" "ghetto" etc....."

Yet you responded to my post with the following...

"It sure isn't, but I've been using the internet long enough to know common statements made by Caucasians (thanks to yahoo.com) in reference to African-Americans. I notice most Caucasians when referencing deviant behavior always refer to a person of color as
"thug" "ghetto" etc....."

I said "It sure isn't" in response to your statement: "I wasn't aware my color was visible on this forum." Then my subsequent responses were in response to (not specifically you but posters who I presume are white) general statements that are typical of white respondents when discussing racial issues or commenting on issues concerning a black subject who either commits a crime or does some law breaking act, thus my mentioning of typical terms used towards the subject like "thug" "ghetto."

For example when the Aaron Hernandez story broke, many respondents referred to him as a "Hispanic thug," "Ghetto" "gangster rap listener" etc. Instead of referring to someone as being deviant or a screw up, or something to that effect most refer to people as "ghetto" or some comment closely related to their ethnicity.

Again how does this story relate to the Zimmerman case? I'm starting to think your story is a farce. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. There are too many loop holes in your story and the only one who is quite foolish to defend you is repeter so I ask, how does this relate to the Zimmerman case?

I take issue with you saying I'm "defending" anything; it implies that there is something relevant to defend. Firstly, if you doubt the authenticity of the story, then there's really no point in you continuing to post in this thread. Second, my entire point is that it doesn't matter what Mathematician's opinion of the kids are because they don't change the fact situation. If there was a conflicting account, sure, but there isn't, so we can only choose to accept his account or not.

Nope, it wasn't rhetorical. It was genuinely asking how, because any time there's constructive criticism about blacks then people paint it as racism and disregard it. I'll reiterate, this is why relatively few break the cycle of poverty.

I'm glad you consider this behavior normal in teens. I thought grades were the only standards dropping. :roll:

Race baiting fraud is a race baiting fraud.

I take issue with you saying I'm "defending" anything; it implies that there is something relevant to defend. Firstly, if you doubt the authenticity of the story, then there's really no point in you continuing to post in this thread. Second, my entire point is that it doesn't matter what Mathematician's opinion of the kids are because they don't change the fact situation. If there was a conflicting account, sure, but there isn't, so we can only choose to accept his account or not.

The fact remains as poweRob alludes that the story nonetheless is race baiting and you are defending it.

The fact remains as poweRob alludes that the story nonetheless is race baiting and you are defending it.

poweRob and you think that, so it must be true!

You could go with that, or you could take a deeper look at the situation and understand that it's about issues our society has to deal with. But what am I saying, no, you're right, let's self-righteously conclude its race baiting, and keep things simple. :roll:

Perhaps you should read some of my posts before you make an attempt to define it.

Do you really expect people to beleave this fairy tale.

its far more believable than most of the stuff you post

its happens all the time.

Before realizing there were 35 pages of posts on this thread, I just knew it would be turned into "you're just trying to justify Zimmerman" or "this is a lie" or "you aren't telling the whole story". I just knew it. Then, on post 2 no less, it had already started. Sorry bro, but in the current racial environment in this country, if you are white and successful, you are the enemy. No two ways about it. No person of color, no matter that color, can do wrong right now. They are all victims of the white race. Do all of them feel this way? I'm sure they don't. I'm sure there are quite a few black, Hispanic, etc people that feel perfectly content with the way their life is. However, if you listen to the hatemongers of the world; your Sharptons and Jacksons, then you get a whole different picture. In turn, idiots like the ones who have said those things on this thread, buy into the crap those guys and the media are selling and you get some sort of official race barometer. Bravo to you for posting this because I'm sure you knew what was coming before you even posted it lol.

Please....tell me you are kidding.

Plain and simple...

Because he was called a "nigga"

That makes no sense Do you even know what that means? Or are you just trying to provoke a response.

Regarding points #2 and #3

Starting with #2

When they arrived on the court why did you perceive them to be trouble? It's a public basketball court. Your first mistake was your perception off the back as you highlighted in your first sentence of them putting sugar that "they took" (I imagine you made the accusation they stole it without actually witnessing them stealing it).

This is where the "victim of racism" mentality is overwhelming your perception. If you look in the dictionary, took clearly does not imply stole. When you go shopping, haven't you heard an employee say "please take a free sample"? In this particular case, the word took is used simply because the sugar packets most likely came from the same Starbucks where he got his water. If you think realistically, taking a small number of packets of sugar from a Starbucks is not stealing. Therefore, your assumption is a bit absurd.

Point #3

He called you a "nigga" which is not a reference to your particular ethnicity (as I mentioned in my other thread) in street lingo the term nigga is often referred to as a term of endearment and/or a reference in calling someone a "dude" "bro" "man" in colloquial terms. So that theory fails.

Tell me that if a white guy uses "nigga" towards a black he hasn't established a friendship with that you think most blacks will not be offended or confrontational in response.

Point #5

Who called you a racist? where did I say you are a racist? Please quote me.

As far as aggression is concerned you were no better than them. Judging by how you narrated your own story I'm sure your tone was not monotone nor was it something that was empathetic. Rather I believe based on how you present yourself here that you had a commanding nature. You were also aggressive based on in your story how you became annoyed and decided to play harder, not because of your competitiveness, but because they annoyed you (I should have been a lawyer).

You didn't, but several have. There are at least a few in the thread, e.g. OpenDebate and ThePlayDrive. I don't know how you were raised, but when I grew up, adults ran the show and you respected your elders. Read the precise wording I used carefully. I phrased it as a question, and you point if the tone was to send the message "you know what you just did was wrong". Playing harder is a constructive way to vent frustrations, unlike how guys often waste time arguing or even fighting on the court.

So I'm downtown at the basketball court just shooting around when a couple of black teens (16 or 17) I've seen a few times there arrive. Interestingly, their drink of choice was a cup of water from Starbucks loaded with packets of sugar they took. I mention the drink, because the first thing one does before wanting to shoot with me is pour four more packets of sugar into his drink and drop the empty packets right in the middle of the court. Before shooting again, I said to him with a stern tone "Excuse me, are you going to pick up your trash? There is a trash can right by where you entered." He picked up a few pieces, not quite all, crumpled them up and then I saw him drop it on the edge of the court. While this was incomplete, he at least got the message that I was annoyed by his sense of entitlement to litter.

Two minutes later he suggests playing a game called 50, which I accepted since I wanted to burn a few calories. Throughout two games, the same guy who was littering was spewing disrespectful remarks continuously, including insults every time I scored and perverted remarks at just about every female who was walking by and under the age of 40. After I won the first game, he takes out his cell phone with some pocket speakers, turns on some (c)rap thug music and says he's going to win the next game.

Getting increasingly annoyed at his disrespectful behavior, I picked up my game and smacked the ball pretty hard on a couple of blocks in the second game. With an attitude, he cries foul and says "nigga, cool yo azz." That's when I went off and told the kid that if he wants respect then he needs to show it. Avoiding profanity, I told him that everything about his behavior is going to make him destined to live in the ghetto if he keeps it up, recapping what he had done wrong. He says "I don't have to listen to this ****" and proceeds to leave. I told him to take his Starbucks cup with him, for which he replies "if you so worried about it then you do something about it."

Thinking it's over, I resume shooting around, only to have him dropkick my basketball as soon as I miss. Luckily, it stayed within the fence, so I walked over to get it. I noticed the other guy then wandering towards where my bag was, despite the fact that they were already by the exit, thus I walk over towards my bag as well. Low and behold, he immediately starts accusing me of only going towards my bag because he's black. I asked why in the heck he expected my to trust them near my things when his buddy had just attempted to punt my ball as far as he could. I resumed telling them their behavior was going to get them into trouble when the main punk then approaches wanting to fight.

While trying to get in my face and start a fight, he hilariously accuses me of trying to initiate contact for having my arm extended as I'm backing away. I warned him that if he threw any punches that I'd make sure he was arrested, especially since I didn't want any legal issues for an altercation with a minor. Then some teen girl he knew who was in the area tells him to cut it out. He tells me "you lucky she here" to which I reply "wow, such a gentleman."

Right after all this crap was over, I was thanking God I didn't become the next Zimmerman. Fortunately, had the situation escalated, I would have had an even more solid defense than Zimmerman. It turns out, in the adjacent playground, a father had been recording the event on his phone, which easily would have shown that I made attempts to avoid physical confrontation. Wanting to play basketball in a respectful atmosphere, I saw this as an opportunity to teach some teens the same points Bill O'Reilly has been trying to get across this past week about this culture. The kid clearly sees nothing wrong with disrespectful behavior. What more can I do to straighten out black youth besides adopting?

Saying you could have been the next Zimmerman implies these kids were like Trayvon. Neither of us know if Trayvon was this kind of kid. Regardless those kids sound like jack*****, and I've met plenty of spoiled suburban white kids who act as badly if not worse than these kids.

This is where the "victim of racism" mentality is overwhelming your perception. If you look in the dictionary, took clearly does not imply stole. When you go shopping, haven't you heard an employee say "please take a free sample"? In this particular case, the word took is used simply because the sugar packets most likely came from the same Starbucks where he got his water. If you think realistically, taking a small number of packets of sugar from a Starbucks is not stealing. Therefore, your assumption is a bit absurd.

Tell me that if a white guy uses "nigga" towards a black he hasn't established a friendship with that you think most blacks will not be offended or confrontational in response.

You didn't, but several have. There are at least a few in the thread, e.g. OpenDebate and ThePlayDrive. I don't know how you were raised, but when I grew up, adults ran the show and you respected your elders. Read the precise wording I used carefully. I phrased it as a question, and you point if the tone was to send the message "you know what you just did was wrong". Playing harder is a constructive way to vent frustrations, unlike how guys often waste time arguing or even fighting on the court.

Jeeeeez that is grade a BS. You can not say that you didn't use the word "took" to imply stole and now you are just backpedaling.

I DID NOT call you a racist. As a matter of fact I went out of my way not to.

Jeeeeez that is grade a BS. You can not say that you didn't use the word "took" to imply stole and now you are just backpedaling.

I DID NOT call you a racist. As a matter of fact I went out of my way not too.

Excuse me, but don't try to tell me which definition I used.

Out of curiosity, what would you call a person who does negative racial profiling (as you have clearly accused me of)? That's like accusing somebody of stealing but saying you didn't call them a thief. :roll:

Saying you could have been the next Zimmerman implies these kids were like Trayvon. Neither of us know if Trayvon was this kind of kid. Regardless those kids sound like jack*****, and I've met plenty of spoiled suburban white kids who act as badly if not worse than these kids.

FYI, Martin was suspended for truancy, graffiti, was caught with a dozen items of women's jewelry and a screw driver (described as a burglary tool), and marijuana use. He posted pictures of himself flipping off cameras, was angry about losing a fight, noting, "He got mo hits cause in da 1st round, He had me on da ground nd I couldn’t do ntn." Link

"And then he said, 'That N-word is still following me now,'" said Jeantel. "I asked him how the man looked like. He just told me the man looked 'creepy.' 'Creepy, white' -- excuse my language -- 'cracker. Creepy [expletive] cracker." Link

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

FYI, Martin was suspended for truancy, graffiti, was caught with a dozen items of women's jewelry and a screw driver (described as a burglary tool), and marijuana use. He posted pictures of himself flipping off cameras, was angry about losing a fight, noting, "He got mo hits cause in da 1st round, He had me on da ground nd I couldn’t do ntn." Link

"And then he said, 'That N-word is still following me now,'" said Jeantel. "I asked him how the man looked like. He just told me the man looked 'creepy.' 'Creepy, white' -- excuse my language -- 'cracker. Creepy [expletive] cracker." Link

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

IMO, judging a kid on their past is a little low considering kids are radically different every year. Zimmerman had a checkered past as well. It's easy to pick out mistakes people make without acknowledging their humanity.

IMO, judging a kid on their past is a little low considering kids are radically different every year. Zimmerman had a checkered past as well. It's easy to pick out mistakes people make without acknowledging their humanity.

Both quotes in my post were taken from his cell records of the day he died. I don't need to judge Martin on anything in his past to come to my conclusion about him. Not to mention, we can now say that Martin was threatening Zimmerman's life with his actions, including smashing Zimmerman's head on the ground.

You can't blame hip hop for the violence in the world.

The listener of this genre is extremely diverse. In fact, white kids are the biggest buyers of hip hop. I know guys I work with in Corporate America that grew up on hip hop. It is big overseas as well.

I am not blaming violence for the violence in the world.

This nation, however, is affected by it.

You're right that it's about race. Where you're wrong is that you think I'm criticizing them because of their race. I'm trying to teach them that their behavior is what is holding back so many blacks from prospering. As I already stated, my friends and I aren't going to hire, tutor or help anyone who acts like this. You're lying to yourself if you think this type of behavior isn't most common among blacks.

Since you associate the behavior with their race (despite evidence that white teenagers might have reacted the same way to your behavior), you are criticizing them about their race. I wouldn't be surprised if your own sense of racial superiority came across to them from the start, thus triggering their negative reaction to your overt attempts to exert that perceived superiority on them.

So I'm downtown at the basketball court just shooting around when a couple of black teens (16 or 17) I've seen a few times there arrive. Interestingly, their drink of choice was a cup of water from Starbucks loaded with packets of sugar they took. I mention the drink, because the first thing one does before wanting to shoot with me is pour four more packets of sugar into his drink and drop the empty packets right in the middle of the court. Before shooting again, I said to him with a stern tone "Excuse me, are you going to pick up your trash? There is a trash can right by where you entered." He picked up a few pieces, not quite all, crumpled them up and then I saw him drop it on the edge of the court. While this was incomplete, he at least got the message that I was annoyed by his sense of entitlement to litter.

Two minutes later he suggests playing a game called 50, which I accepted since I wanted to burn a few calories. Throughout two games, the same guy who was littering was spewing disrespectful remarks continuously, including insults every time I scored and perverted remarks at just about every female who was walking by and under the age of 40. After I won the first game, he takes out his cell phone with some pocket speakers, turns on some (c)rap thug music and says he's going to win the next game.

Getting increasingly annoyed at his disrespectful behavior, I picked up my game and smacked the ball pretty hard on a couple of blocks in the second game. With an attitude, he cries foul and says "nigga, cool yo azz." That's when I went off and told the kid that if he wants respect then he needs to show it. Avoiding profanity, I told him that everything about his behavior is going to make him destined to live in the ghetto if he keeps it up, recapping what he had done wrong. He says "I don't have to listen to this ****" and proceeds to leave. I told him to take his Starbucks cup with him, for which he replies "if you so worried about it then you do something about it."

Thinking it's over, I resume shooting around, only to have him dropkick my basketball as soon as I miss. Luckily, it stayed within the fence, so I walked over to get it. I noticed the other guy then wandering towards where my bag was, despite the fact that they were already by the exit, thus I walk over towards my bag as well. Low and behold, he immediately starts accusing me of only going towards my bag because he's black. I asked why in the heck he expected my to trust them near my things when his buddy had just attempted to punt my ball as far as he could. I resumed telling them their behavior was going to get them into trouble when the main punk then approaches wanting to fight.

While trying to get in my face and start a fight, he hilariously accuses me of trying to initiate contact for having my arm extended as I'm backing away. I warned him that if he threw any punches that I'd make sure he was arrested, especially since I didn't want any legal issues for an altercation with a minor. Then some teen girl he knew who was in the area tells him to cut it out. He tells me "you lucky she here" to which I reply "wow, such a gentleman."

Right after all this crap was over, I was thanking God I didn't become the next Zimmerman. Fortunately, had the situation escalated, I would have had an even more solid defense than Zimmerman. It turns out, in the adjacent playground, a father had been recording the event on his phone, which easily would have shown that I made attempts to avoid physical confrontation. Wanting to play basketball in a respectful atmosphere, I saw this as an opportunity to teach some teens the same points Bill O'Reilly has been trying to get across this past week about this culture. The kid clearly sees nothing wrong with disrespectful behavior. What more can I do to straighten out black youth besides adopting?

...So, do you regularly make up stories like the above, or...?

Since you associate the behavior with their race (despite evidence that white teenagers might have reacted the same way to your behavior), you are criticizing them about their race. I wouldn't be surprised if your own sense of racial superiority came across to them from the start, thus triggering their negative reaction to your overt attempts to exert that perceived superiority on them.

This is the only problem I have with his criticism. The actions of those teenagers are not foreign to other races. I love to fish out here in Texas and I go to relax and get my mind off work. However there are times when young white kids would come to the area where I am fishing drinking beer and playing loud rock music (many times they would play hip hop as well). I would politely tell them could they take that somewhere else. They look at me like they want to say something but I think they think twice because I am physically intimidating at 6'4" 330 pounds. Anyway by the end of my fishing trip, the beach area is loaded with their garbage. A lot of times I would bring a trash bag with me because I want to keep the area clean.

My point is that at the end of the day, I didn't see them as being white, I saw them as being immature teenagers who is just showing out. I see this behavior in black kids, hispanic kids, asian kids etc. So his has nothing to do with race but it is more with their maturity level.

Back
Top Bottom