• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Zimmerman (almost)[W:65]

Mathematician

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So I'm downtown at the basketball court just shooting around when a couple of black teens (16 or 17) I've seen a few times there arrive. Interestingly, their drink of choice was a cup of water from Starbucks loaded with packets of sugar they took. I mention the drink, because the first thing one does before wanting to shoot with me is pour four more packets of sugar into his drink and drop the empty packets right in the middle of the court. Before shooting again, I said to him with a stern tone "Excuse me, are you going to pick up your trash? There is a trash can right by where you entered." He picked up a few pieces, not quite all, crumpled them up and then I saw him drop it on the edge of the court. While this was incomplete, he at least got the message that I was annoyed by his sense of entitlement to litter.

Two minutes later he suggests playing a game called 50, which I accepted since I wanted to burn a few calories. Throughout two games, the same guy who was littering was spewing disrespectful remarks continuously, including insults every time I scored and perverted remarks at just about every female who was walking by and under the age of 40. After I won the first game, he takes out his cell phone with some pocket speakers, turns on some (c)rap thug music and says he's going to win the next game.

Getting increasingly annoyed at his disrespectful behavior, I picked up my game and smacked the ball pretty hard on a couple of blocks in the second game. With an attitude, he cries foul and says "nigga, cool yo azz." That's when I went off and told the kid that if he wants respect then he needs to show it. Avoiding profanity, I told him that everything about his behavior is going to make him destined to live in the ghetto if he keeps it up, recapping what he had done wrong. He says "I don't have to listen to this ****" and proceeds to leave. I told him to take his Starbucks cup with him, for which he replies "if you so worried about it then you do something about it."

Thinking it's over, I resume shooting around, only to have him dropkick my basketball as soon as I miss. Luckily, it stayed within the fence, so I walked over to get it. I noticed the other guy then wandering towards where my bag was, despite the fact that they were already by the exit, thus I walk over towards my bag as well. Low and behold, he immediately starts accusing me of only going towards my bag because he's black. I asked why in the heck he expected my to trust them near my things when his buddy had just attempted to punt my ball as far as he could. I resumed telling them their behavior was going to get them into trouble when the main punk then approaches wanting to fight.

While trying to get in my face and start a fight, he hilariously accuses me of trying to initiate contact for having my arm extended as I'm backing away. I warned him that if he threw any punches that I'd make sure he was arrested, especially since I didn't want any legal issues for an altercation with a minor. Then some teen girl he knew who was in the area tells him to cut it out. He tells me "you lucky she here" to which I reply "wow, such a gentleman."

Right after all this crap was over, I was thanking God I didn't become the next Zimmerman. Fortunately, had the situation escalated, I would have had an even more solid defense than Zimmerman. It turns out, in the adjacent playground, a father had been recording the event on his phone, which easily would have shown that I made attempts to avoid physical confrontation. Wanting to play basketball in a respectful atmosphere, I saw this as an opportunity to teach some teens the same points Bill O'Reilly has been trying to get across this past week about this culture. The kid clearly sees nothing wrong with disrespectful behavior. What more can I do to straighten out black youth besides adopting?

Re: The next Zimmerman (almost)

So I'm downtown at the basketball court just shooting around when a couple of black teens (16 or 17) I've seen a few times there arrive. Interestingly, their drink of choice was a cup of water from Starbucks loaded with packets of sugar they took. I mention the drink, because the first thing one does before wanting to shoot with me is pour four more packets of sugar into his drink and drop the empty packets right in the middle of the court. Before shooting again, I said to him with a stern tone "Excuse me, are you going to pick up your trash? There is a trash can right by where you entered." He picked up a few pieces, not quite all, crumpled them up and then I saw him drop it on the edge of the court. While this was incomplete, he at least got the message that I was annoyed by his sense of entitlement to litter.

Two minutes later he suggests playing a game called 50, which I accepted since I wanted to burn a few calories. Throughout two games, the same guy who was littering was spewing disrespectful remarks continuously, including insults every time I scored and perverted remarks at just about every female who was walking by and under the age of 40. After I won the first game, he takes out his cell phone with some pocket speakers, turns on some (c)rap thug music and says he's going to win the next game.

Getting increasingly annoyed at his disrespectful behavior, I picked up my game and smacked the ball pretty hard on a couple of blocks in the second game. With an attitude, he cries foul and says "nigga, cool yo azz." That's when I went off and told the kid that if he wants respect then he needs to show it. Avoiding profanity, I told him that everything about his behavior is going to make him destined to live in the ghetto if he keeps it up, recapping what he had done wrong. He says "I don't have to listen to this ****" and proceeds to leave. I told him to take his Starbucks cup with him, for which he replies "if you so worried about it then you do something about it."

Thinking it's over, I resume shooting around, only to have him dropkick my basketball as soon as I miss. Luckily, it stayed within the fence, so I walked over to get it. I noticed the other guy then wandering towards where my bag was, despite the fact that they were already by the exit, thus I walk over towards my bag as well. Low and behold, he immediately starts accusing me of only going towards my bag because he's black. I asked why in the heck he expected my to trust them near my things when his buddy had just attempted to punt my ball as far as he could. I resumed telling them their behavior was going to get them into trouble when the main punk then approaches wanting to fight.

While trying to get in my face and start a fight, he hilariously accuses me of trying to initiate contact for having my arm extended as I'm backing away. I warned him that if he threw any punches that I'd make sure he was arrested, especially since I didn't want any legal issues for an altercation with a minor. Then some teen girl he knew who was in the area tells him to cut it out. He tells me "you lucky she here" to which I reply "wow, such a gentleman."

Right after all this crap was over, I was thanking God I didn't become the next Zimmerman. Fortunately, had the situation escalated, I would have had an even more solid defense than Zimmerman. It turns out, in the adjacent playground, a father had been recording the event on his phone, which easily would have shown that I made attempts to avoid physical confrontation. Wanting to play basketball in a respectful atmosphere, I saw this as an opportunity to teach some teens the same points Bill O'Reilly has been trying to get across this past week about this culture. The kid clearly sees nothing wrong with disrespectful behavior. What more can I do to straighten out black youth besides adopting?

Do you really expect people to beleave this fairy tale.

I play hockey, you never see those aforementioned clowns on the ice (or even playing roller hockey for that matter) they'ed get busted in the their chops quick...

We talk smack and occasionally fight but, we don't look down on one another or intentionally hurt one another - hitting is part of the game , but when we hurt guy we feel bad....

Anyone who plays knows what I'm talking about and knows the difference between basketball (park) and hockey (beer league)...

Usually carry a gun while playing basketball?

I find it hard to believe that you can't spell believe. But seriously, what precisely makes you think this is a fairy tale?

What a bunch of thugs. Good on you for keeping your cool.

I saw an article by Ann Coulter on a DP thread, and I thought she actually made some good points, even if her wording wasn't the best.

The thing that always gets me about stuff like your case and Zimmerman's case is that it's always assume that Martin and these thugs are free of wrong-doing. Martin wasn't exactly a great person, and let's be totally honest, he wasn't going to cure cancer or anything. He would've been working a job that a machine could do. Same with your story. I don't know which city you live in, but those boys chose a bad path in life, and it's quite self-evident.

I understand the causes of the problem, and what the situation is, but that doesn't excuse such behavior. Especially at 17, on the cusp of adulthood.

Last edited:

Foul a black dude a few times he will act like you assaulted him with a baseball bat then he will go into gang mode like it's something personal.

**** can breakout in hockey but it's usually one on one -- that is an unwritten rule... Oh an no one throws chairs and **** or whatever isn't bolted down - at least not in an attempt to injure.

I find it hard to believe that you can't spell believe. But seriously, what precisely makes you think this is a fairy tale?

Well, some guy with an axe to grind on the internet said it so it must be true.

We have no place to question his sincerity.

And don't even say this sort of thing doesn't happen.

We have no place to question his sincerity.

And don't even say this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Take a look at the martin and zim group and all the BS that flies around there to justify whatever narrative they are writung. Then there is the reality everyone lies about their confrontations to make themselves look good. Finally, there has to be about 90 percent BS on the internet. So yes, I have many reasons to doubt the sincerity of some guy on the internet. If you want to believe everything you read on the internet feel free, and i have a great deal on a bridge.

Usually carry a gun while playing basketball?

No, I don't. So perhaps it's excessive to compare to Zimmerman if you consider the likely end results had it escalated further. Just the aggressive response by a black teen to someone trying to straighten out the neighborhood reminded me of the case since it is fresh on our minds.

Take a look at the martin and zim group and all the BS that flies around there to justify whatever narrative they are writung. Then there is the reality everyone lies about their confrontations to make themselves look good. Finally, there has to be about 90 percent BS on the internet. So yes, I have many reasons to doubt the sincerity of some guy on the internet. If you want to believe everything you read on the internet feel free, and i have a great deal on a bridge.

First, if you don't believe him, you've put in your two cents, now let those of us who are interested in discussing the story do so. Second, there's a very clear implication in the story, and that's more important than the details of the story.

I just don't see why you'd assume Mathematician is telling a tall tale.

First, if you don't believe him, you've put in your two cents, now let those of us who are interested in discussing the story do so. Second, there's a very clear implication in the story, and that's more important than the details of the story.

Oh, you want to discuss the story with no negative comments on it and pretend like all black people are thugs and just spout racism. Well, that is not a discussion, that is just ranting. Sorry, but we should discuss the lack of any credibility in this story, and the reality that the user just came here to rant and pull stuff out of his ass in some attempt to show zimmerman is innocent based on some BS anecdote he fabricated.

You can go complain that you would have beaten up the imaginary thugs all you want, but really we do not need to buy this BS.

I just don't see why you'd assume Mathematician is telling a tall tale.

I do not see why you would assume he is telling the truth.

Let us go through this with an example. I was walking down the street yesterday and i saw bill O so i went up to his sorry ass and told him off while he was wearing a hoodie.

My story is shorter, but it pretty much shows how someone can completely make some BS story up to show some point they are trying to make. You are gullible enough to believe it because you want to think that every black person in the world is out to get you and they are just waiting to bully you on the basketball court like in white men cannot jump. Mathmatician is not woody harrelson no matter how much he fantasizes about being in a bad 90s movie.

Let us go through this with an example. I was walking down the street yesterday and i saw bill O so i went up to his sorry ass and told him off while he was wearing a hoodie.

My story is shorter, but it pretty much shows how someone can completely make some BS story up to show some point they are trying to make. You are gullible enough to believe it because you want to think that every black person in the world is out to get you and they are just waiting to bully you on the basketball court like in white men cannot jump. Mathmatician is not woody harrelson no matter how much he fantasizes about being in a bad 90s movie.

Go troll somewhere else if you want to try and discredit what I said happened rather than debating how to teach these kids that their behavior is what's keeping them from getting anywhere.

Oh, you want to discuss the story with no negative comments on it and pretend like all black people are thugs and just spout racism.

No, I'm interested in discussing the social implications of the story, not whether the story is true or not, and why a disproportionate amount of minority youth are gang members, and hopefully this discussion will turn to what we can do about the problem.

Well, that is not a discussion, that is just ranting. Sorry, but we should discuss the lack of any credibility in this story, and the reality that the user just came here to rant and pull stuff out of his ass in some attempt to show zimmerman is innocent based on some BS anecdote he fabricated.

You're assuming quite a lot. Whether it is a rant or not, it has the potential to be a discussion, and I'm invested in seeing that be realized. If you're not interested in that, then please excuse yourself. I'd like to make use of this thread.

You can go complain that you would have beaten up the imaginary thugs all you want, but really we do not need to buy this BS.

Like you, I'm not interested in rants.

Because to date I haven't seen a post from him that exaggerated, distorted, or misrepresented the truth. And I'll bet you haven't either.

So if you haven't, your assumption is more a reflection of who you are than who he is.

Because to date I haven't seen a post from him that exaggerated, distorted, or misrepresented the truth. And I'll bet you haven't either.

So if you haven't, your assumption is more a reflection of who you are than who he is.

Thanks. I expected more criticism on me speaking up to these guys than people trying to poke holes in my story.

Go troll somewhere else if you want to try and discredit what I said happened rather than debating how to teach these kids that their behavior is what's keeping them from getting anywhere.

You post a story with no actual proof and expect me to believe you actually did something? This is not even politics guy, this is just some ranting by you. Can you prove to us any of this actually happened? i know people around here buy it, but there is no news article associated with it, and anyone could make this up. Why in the world am i supposed to buy this at all? I have heard people claim to be werewolves who have to file their teeth down. I have actually heard people selling tinfoil hats to give you super mental powers by altering the EM waves of your brain. I am not here to believe everything i read on the internet

You post a story with no actual proof and expect me to believe you actually did something? This is not even politics guy, this is just some ranting by you. Can you prove to us any of this actually happened? i know people around here buy it, but there is no news article associated with it, and anyone could make this up. Why in the world am i supposed to buy this at all? I have heard people claim to be werewolves who have to file their teeth down. I have actually heard people selling tinfoil hats to give you super mental powers by altering the EM waves of your brain. I am not here to believe everything i read on the internet

Okay, you don't believe him. We've heard. Now, unless you want to contribute something new, I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd let us continue without you.

No, I don't. So perhaps it's excessive to compare to Zimmerman if you consider the likely end results had it escalated further. Just the aggressive response by a black teen to someone trying to straighten out the neighborhood reminded me of the case since it is fresh on our minds.

I don't know if it's good for an individual to try to straighten out the neighborhood on his own, especially on a case-by-case basis. Maybe start a local group that keeps young kids busy. You could all play basketball!

Okay, you don't believe him. We've heard. Now, unless you want to contribute something new, I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd let us continue without you.

I think he/she is more likely to believe in pink ponies than an altercation at a public basketball court. :roll:

I don't know if it's good for an individual to try to straighten out the neighborhood on his own, especially on a case-by-case basis. Maybe start a local group that keeps young kids busy. You could all play basketball!

As a simple start, how likely are you to speak up if someone chooses to litter right in front of you? That's where things started off today. I already knew the kid had a bad mouth.

...why...assume he is telling the truth.

Because in a medium such as this, reputation is everything...and the only measure of integrity, are the words a person writes.
Why assume they would compromise their reputation and integrity for the sake of lying.

Back
Top Bottom