• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next in the Terminal List series or a novel about a future divided America?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I enjoy the military techno thriller novels, usually about Special Forces guys, spy’s, etc. But my next Audible credit might go to a red/blue divided America novel, and there are many of them.
Its kind of depressing to think about it act happening for real, though.

I enjoy the military techno thriller novels, usually about Special Forces guys, spy’s, etc. But my next Audible credit might go to a red/blue divided America novel, and there are many of them.
Read it and enjoy it. There will be no civil war here.

Some people on both sides presume that in 50 years' time, there will be a PEACEFUL divorce.

Finally, there will be at least two and probably more safe zones for people to work and play with people who share their cultural values in a peaceful environment.

It will be the opposite of "depressing."

It will be downright exhilarating!

I've often wondered how right winger handle reading literature or watching movies, when it's often that their brand of crazy is used for the villains. Do you just chalk it up to liberals writing it or do you not get that you're basically on the wrong side of history? Rhetorical unfortunately.

There will not be a peaceful divorce, that's absurd and no one can reasonably articulate what that would even mean.

The reality is that Conservatives politicians right now, largely just want the money/power/celebrity of office, owned by big corporate donors. They allow right wing media to drive the crazy narratives and they simply put their morals and ethics aside, and embrace it for votes.
And that message right now, is basically just "opposition to Democrats". And Democrats unfortunately are the primary driver of continuous quality improvement in governance/economics/society. We slowly make progress, sometimes taking two step forwards and one back, because of Conservative opposition.
But we'll get there eventually.

It's possible, but I don't imagine most upcoming Republican picks will be as deplorable and divisive as DJT. I mean, much of the current Republican leadership spoke out against him when he was trying to win the primary...they knew he was a cancer on the Republican party, but voters were swayed by right wing media and Trump's celebrity and fiery speeches.
But I think DJT was fairly unique...they won't find another one that deplorable and divisive who can win the primary, much less the general. But if 2020 showed us anything, it's that there is no low that Republican will go to, in order to in their mind, stick it to the evil dems.

I've often wondered how right winger handle reading literature or watching movies, when it's often that their brand of crazy is used for the villains. Do you just chalk it up to liberals writing it or do you not get that you're basically on the wrong side of history? Rhetorical unfortunately.

There will not be a peaceful divorce, that's absurd and no one can reasonably articulate what that would even mean.

The reality is that Conservatives politicians right now, largely just want the money/power/celebrity of office, owned by big corporate donors. They allow right wing media to drive the crazy narratives and they simply put their morals and ethics aside, and embrace it for votes.
And that message right now, is basically just "opposition to Democrats". And Democrats unfortunately are the primary driver of continuous quality improvement in governance/economics/society. We slowly make progress, sometimes taking two step forwards and one back, because of Conservative opposition.
But we'll get there eventually.

It's possible, but I don't imagine most upcoming Republican picks will be as deplorable and divisive as DJT. I mean, much of the current Republican leadership spoke out against him when he was trying to win the primary...they knew he was a cancer on the Republican party, but voters were swayed by right wing media and Trump's celebrity and fiery speeches.
But I think DJT was fairly unique...they won't find another one that deplorable and divisive who can win the primary, much less the general. But if 2020 showed us anything, it's that there is no low that Republican will go to, in order to in their mind, stick it to the evil dems.

Unfortunately you are dead on correct.

It has always kind of confused me in both countries the right is in the wrong, the wrong side of history.

What's becoming untenable is the hatred. It seems they can't simply oppose, but have to demonize people who have different ideas. That and the people they are willing to grovel before for their support. Our new conservative leader is exactly like the last one, nerdy, well educated and 'manspeaks' talking down to people with much so called background. Pierre, baby, you want to raise taxes and balance the budget. As if that is in any way new for conservative politics to meet the needs of Canadians.

Sorry but in the midst of economic chaos and general uncertainty you don't start preaching 'thriftyness. People are scared, more and more homelessness, and general fatigue of four years of striving.

But no, ideology is the driving factor. Time stopped for these people in the 1800's.

Until the late 2000's I voted conservative. Then I discovered they had someewhat secretly fired every scientist who 'believed' in global warming like it was a ****ing religion.

Some people on both sides presume that in 50 years' time, there will be a PEACEFUL divorce.

Finally, there will be at least two and probably more safe zones for people to work and play with people who share their cultural values in a peaceful environment.

It will be the opposite of "depressing."

It will be downright exhilarating!
Don't get your hopes up. I had an uncle who once founded a church. 30 years later, he got kicked out of it.

Why? Politics. Somebody disagreed with the minutiae of his theology, and that guy had more votes.

It's a fantasy, to believe there will be a place where everyone agrees with everyone.

You could not pay me enough to read fiction of any sort let alone war crap.
But

Enjoy

Don't get your hopes up. I had an uncle who once founded a church. 30 years later, he got kicked out of it.

Why? Politics. Somebody disagreed with the minutiae of his theology, and that guy had more votes.

It's a fantasy, to believe there will be a place where everyone agrees with everyone.

Oh there is such a place.

Just not in right wing America.

There are many "Divided America" books, written from the perspective of both left and right. That being said, I opted for the the next book in the Terminal List series. Which some reviewers seem to think is right biased in itself. Oh, well.

The sample I listened to of the Divided America books described a Blue zone Los Angeles that was divided between rich and poor, with the rich in gated communities and lawlessness in the poor sections strongly evident. The protagonist carried a Glock handgun for protection there, using it to prevent a carjacking of his own vehicle.
Too goddamn depressing. Although sadly close to reality. Welcome to LA.

Back
Top Bottom