• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Next 10 Days Will Decide This War: an article by a retired US Gen

I wanted to share a really interesting article I stumbled across. It's written by a recently retired general who's been following the conflict. I encourage you to read all of it, but I'll pull out the key quotes that paint a rather grim picture for Russia:

He also refutes the idea that Russia has some secret reserves it has yet to draw on.

I personally find this convincing. If Russia could field the manpower to roll over Ukraine, they would have. If they had to ability to establish air superiority, they would have. If they were capable of taking Kyiv or Mariupol, they would have. Now that Russia has shown their hand it seems probable that Ukraine will emerge victorious. Every day this conflict drags on seems to reinforce this with more evidence. Indeed, today Ukrainian forces are staging multiple counter offensives.

The TLDR is essentially that Russian forces are close to the breaking point, and that if we increase the pressure now that could be all it takes for their offensive to collapse.
I read that yesterday, great analysis.

Cheap CIA propaganda.

They know pretty well that Russia has enormous firepower, much more than what is necessary to overwhelm Ukraine.

They also have plenty of time. They deliberately slowed down the offensive so that several other millions will flood the EU - this is very important, as it's a way to punish the EU for the sanctions, as the EU will have to pay for them, the EU will have to provide them with jobs(possible at the expense of the locals - which will lead to resentment and other problems, precisely what Russia wants!!)
Yeah, because getting their ass kicked, their country bankrupted, and their citizens cut off from credit and consumer goods was the plan all along wasn't it?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, because getting their ass kicked their country bankrupted and their citizens cut off from credit and consumer goods was the plan all along wasn't it?:rolleyes:
Getting caught was clearly part of the plan, as was vastly exceeding their own time line for this conflict's resolution.

Perhaps the Kremlin forgot just how large Ukrainian cities are. I lived in Kyiv for a year and still didn't see all of it.

I agree with Gen. Hodges. The West must keep pushing anti-armor/anti-air weaponry into theater. Start pushing Harpoon anti-ship cruise missiles also.

Share satellite intelligence. The Ukrainians probably also need portable counter-battery radar.
I've been thinking specifically about anti-ship weapons today. Ukraine was developing an upgraded version of the Neptune. I think they're keeping them in reserve, anticipating a Russian amphibious assault on Odessa. They've claimed to have sunk one ship (with GRAD rockets), and it has not been seen since, so it may be true. They certainly hit it.

I also agree on the counterbattery radar, but some of those are coming from Belarus.

Back
Top Bottom