• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The News Gets Worse

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The news gets worse. A key model predicts 3000 people will die every day in December. We could reach 400,000 deaths my the beginning of 2021.

Key Model Predicts Nearly 300,000 Coronavirus Deaths by December

But more than 66,000 lives could be saved if virtually everyone wore masks when leaving their homes, according to data from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

It was not long ago that 2 million plus were predicted to die from COVID 19 in the United States! :confused:

It was not long ago that 2 million plus were predicted to die from COVID 19 in the United States! :confused:
That was an early estimate, based on no SD and masks, as we see now they do work when people comply.

Can you tell us when Covid will be over in the US? I didn't think so, so how do we know how many will die from it? All these predictions are made with the best information at the time they are made. This is a new virus. The information is always changing.

One thing is for sure based on what we know today, at least 1/2 of the existing deaths could have been prevented. Thanks a lot Donald for doing too little too late.

Are you trying to claim that anything below that number is some huge success?
So 1.5m dead would be reason for celebration because it's not 2m?

Wow, the bar for Trump is set even lower than I thought and I thought it was pretty low to start with.

The news gets worse. A key model predicts 3000 people will die every day in December. We could reach 400,000 deaths my the beginning of 2021.

Would, could, might, possibly...... I'm tired of poor guessers

UE down to 8.4%

That was an early estimate, based on no SD and masks, as we see now they do work when people comply.

Actually, mask don't work

Hawaii have had strict Covid rules and mandates since March. Mask use mandatory. Yet they are spiking.

Mask don't work

Hawaii have had strict Covid rules and mandates since March. Mask use mandatory. Yet they are spiking.

Mask don't work

In which case I'm sure you have an explanation for why in every country that has mandated wearing masks, rates of infection and death have dropped through the floor whereas in America you're celebrating becoming Numero Uno in global deaths and infections. And you know why? Because you spend more time whining about 'rights' being 'violated', and your constitution being 'trampled', bickering and trying to score political points, than actually listening to experts who know, from decades of experience in dealing with pandemics, what works and what does not, and acting on their advice. What a ****ed-up country. I hope you're proud of your utter failure under Trump.

In which case I'm sure you have an explanation for why in every country that has mandated wearing masks, rates of infection and death have dropped through the floor whereas in America you're celebrating becoming Numero Uno in global deaths and infections. And you know why? Because you spend more time whining about 'rights' and your constitution being 'trampled', bickering and trying to score political points, than actually listening to experts who know, from decades of experience in dealing with pandemics, what works and what does not.

Experts lol... They are like opinions. Freedom is worth more than the very small risk of coming down and dying from China Flu

Acceptable risk

Like I said. Hawaii data disagrees

View attachment 67293999

Wrong again, the virus will always find enough people that are too stupid to conform to the rules and the virus spreads. Masks Reduce the spread and keeps the hospitals from being overloaded. Here in Texas the spread was getting out of control, the Governor closed the bars and made Masks a mandate and the businesses followed suit, the cases are now dropping and the Governor is now talking about opening more businesses.

Experts lol... They are like opinions. Freedom is worth more than the very small risk nof coming down and dying from China Flu

Acceptable risk

The problem is you are not only risking Your Health and Life, wear the damn mask.

Experts lol... They are like opinions. Freedom is worth more than the very small risk of coming down and dying from China Flu

Acceptable risk

"Freedom"? What freedom? Why are you more 'free' than, for example, we in Britain with our rapidly diminishing Coronavirus? Because...? Try not paying your taxes and see how 'free' you feel in jail.
When you go to a doctor, he expresses his opinion on whatever condition you have presented with. When you see a lawyer they give his or her opinion on whatever your legal standing is on the issue you engaged him for.
Do you have anything else to add?

Last edited:

Maybe you should pay hefty fines for not doing so, or locked up for the duration for public safety like Typhoid Mary. Some People have to be treated like the children they are acting like and taught a harsh lesson.

The problem is you are not only risking Your Health and Life, wear the damn mask.

Save a small business wear a mask

Save our economy wear a mask

You don’t believe wearing masks will help end this pandemic? Consider the consequences:

• If the experts are wrong, and yet we all wear masks, what’s the downside? We’ll be a bit uncomfortable.

If the experts are right, and yet we do not wear masks, what’s the downside? Hundreds of thousands of more small businesses will die; their owners and employees will lose their livelihoods; their communities will lose their vitality and much of their tax base; and, inevitably and tragically, tens of thousands more Americans will die.

Wearing a mask is a small price to pay, a small bet to make to save small businesses, save lives, save our economy. Do your part to help save small businesses: Wear a mask.

Wear a mask and rescue your favorite small business from coronavirus

Last edited:
Maybe you should pay hefty fines for not doing so, or locked up for the duration for public safety like Typhoid Mary. Some People have to be treated like the children they are acting like and taught a harsh lesson.

Doubt we will see that happen. Although, Nashville leaders want to pass a bill allowing city workers to issue citations for mask violations.

Back
Top Bottom