• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The News Gets Worse

Experts lol... They are like opinions. Freedom is worth more than the very small risk of coming down and dying from China Flu

Acceptable risk

Is it though? As we've seen early on, uncontrolled spread leads to large surges in hospitalizations which brings about its own domino effect. Contagious diseases like this one don't exist in a bubble where they don't impact other aspects of our daily routines. Based on what we've seen in Sweden, even when the government doesn't force behavior, people follow recommendations in order to avoid getting sick.

As for experts, they're better educated on the matter than the layperson. It's why you don't call the mailman to fix your electrical problems.

The news gets worse. A key model predicts 3000 people will die every day in December. We could reach 400,000 deaths my the beginning of 2021.

Yes, how terrible, any death is terrible but when are you going to blame the real culprit the individual? Continue to notice how you focus on infections, not recoveries or death percentage infection. Obviously this is a passionate issue for you as you want people to believe you really care about others when the reality is you only care about earning political points for your leftwing ideology. We are recovering from the pandemic, 1.4 million jobs created last month and UE 8.4% showing jobs returning so all you have is continued gloom and doom posting to promote your ideology, think it is working?

Who can really shut down the country? A Q&A

Is it though? As we've seen early on, uncontrolled spread leads to large surges in hospitalizations which brings about its own domino effect. Contagious diseases like this one don't exist in a bubble where they don't impact other aspects of our daily routines. Based on what we've seen in Sweden, even when the government doesn't force behavior, people follow recommendations in order to avoid getting sick.

As for experts, they're better educated on the matter than the layperson. It's why you don't call the mailman to fix your electrical problems.

Especially if they're politicizing their business

Yes, how terrible, any death is terrible but when are you going to blame the real culprit the individual? Continue to notice how you focus on infections, not recoveries or death percentage infection. Obviously this is a passionate issue for you as you want people to believe you really care about others when the reality is you only care about earning political points for your leftwing ideology. We are recovering from the pandemic, 1.4 million jobs created last month and UE 8.4% showing jobs returning so all you have is continued gloom and doom posting to promote your ideology, think it is working?

Let me tear your argument to pieces.

India has 4 times the amount of population the U.S. does and yet they have 1/3 the amount of Virus deaths (68,000 versus us at 190,000)! Brazil has 2/3 the population the U.S. has and Brazil has been proven to be the worst country in dealing with the virus and yet they have 1/3 less deaths than we have.

It is now absolutely proven that Trump has been totally incompetent in dealing with the Virus. When Bolsonaro of Brazil is doing better than we are (124,000 deaths vs us with 190,000 deaths), it is time to abandon ship. We were supposed to be the #1 country in the world best prepared for a pandemic and we are now one of the worst.

India has 4 times the amount of population the U.S. does and yet they have 1/3 the amount of Virus deaths (68,000 versus us at 190,000)! Brazil has 2/3 the population the U.S. has and Brazil has been proven to be the worst country in dealing with the virus and yet they have 1/3 less deaths than we have.

It is now absolutely proven that Trump has been totally incompetent in dealing with the Virus. When Bolsonaro of Brazil is doing better than we are (124,000 deaths vs us with 190,000 deaths), it is time to abandon ship. We were supposed to be the #1 country in the world best prepared for a pandemic and we are now one of the worst.

And of course you believe the news media of other countries around the world because that is what you want to believe. You also want to blame the President because that is what radicals do, blame everyone else for their own failures. If I get the virus I will be the cause, not Trump!!

Nothing anyone says is going to change your mind regarding Trump as you have built up a hatred that makes no sense. I feel so sorry for people like you incapable of accepting your own personal responsibility issues. You totally and completely ignore the 10th Amendment, promoted the shutdown of the economy not because you really care about deaths and infections but you want the numbers to place the blame in Trump. The alternative is Biden and there is no justification for ever voting for Biden and putting Harris a heartbeat from the Presidency as there isn't anything that Biden could have done that would have prevented the deaths you blame on Trump

Suggest you look in the mirror for the real problem and get over your 24/7 Trump hatred as that isn't earning you any points

Does the president have the authority to override state and local orders?
A. No. Under our constitutional system, states have the power and responsibility for maintaining public order and safety. As we've seen since the outbreak began, decisions about limiting social interactions by ordering people to shelter in place, closing businesses and shutting schools are being made by governors and local officials. Those same officials will make the call about when to ease up. Trump's comments "are just advisory," said John Malcolm of the Heritage Foundation.

And of course you believe the news media of other countries around the world because that is what you want to believe. You also want to blame the President because that is what radicals do, blame everyone else for their own failures. If I get the virus I will be the cause, not Trump!!

Nothing anyone says is going to change your mind regarding Trump as you have built up a hatred that makes no sense. I feel so sorry for people like you incapable of accepting your own personal responsibility issues. You totally and completely ignore the 10th Amendment, promoted the shutdown of the economy not because you really care about deaths and infections but you want the numbers to place the blame in Trump. The alternative is Biden and there is no justification for ever voting for Biden and putting Harris a heartbeat from the Presidency as there isn't anything that Biden could have done that would have prevented the deaths you blame on Trump

Suggest you look in the mirror for the real problem and get over your 24/7 Trump hatred as that isn't earning you any points

and you are totally the opposite of me. You want to explain everything away, make Trump accountable for nothing and totally adore and hold him as your idol. How are we different?

At least, I use data, statistics, links to other people and show patterns. All you ever do is give your opinion backed up with nothing.

The one thing to keep in mind regarding the amount of reported cases between the US, Brazil, and India is the word "reported". The concern I've had with those nations and others with high levels of poverty is their ability to test and their medical infrastructure. I suspect the numbers of actual cases in both of those countries is probably higher than what's been reported. That said, Bolsonaro didn't make things any better by being another leader who downplayed the impact of the disease. Modi was quick to issue restrictions, but India's problems have more to do with the ability to test and the poverty which makes it near impossible to implement effective social distancing.

The one thing to keep in mind regarding the amount of reported cases between the US, Brazil, and India is the word "reported". The concern I've had with those nations and others with high levels of poverty is their ability to test and their medical infrastructure. I suspect the numbers of actual cases in both of those countries is probably higher than what's been reported. That said, Bolsonaro didn't make things any better by being another leader who downplayed the impact of the disease. Modi was quick to issue restrictions, but India's problems have more to do with the ability to test and the poverty which makes it near impossible to implement effective social distancing.

At no time have I talked about "reported cases". All these numbers are deaths!

At no time have I talked about "reported cases". All these numbers are deaths!

Reading comprehension fail on my part!

tenor.gif

Responding to the OP, there are all sorts of predictions about the course of the Covid-19 pandemic in the United States. Each is based upon certain assumptions, often employing the available information on previous viral diseases.

What you get out of a predictive 'calculation' is dependent upon what assumptions you put in.

Meanwhile, there's the slowly unfolding reality described by the actual data for Covid-19. While the data itself can be questioned, it is still the best guide we have for trends in such parameters as assigned Covid-19 deaths.

At present, nation-wide, we're seeing a slow reduction in the number of deaths per week.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

So Trump's declaration that he wanted testing to slow down (because "it makes us look bad"), is not a political tactic? Wake up. What's more important your money or your life? Ask the families of 180,000 dead Americans what they think. Your incompetent fool of a 'president' has earned every ounce of condemnation.

and you are totally the opposite of me. You want to explain everything away, make Trump accountable for nothing and totally adore and hold him as your idol. How are we different?

At least, I use data, statistics, links to other people and show patterns. All you ever do is give your opinion backed up with nothing.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations". That's all they have Lucky.

The news gets worse. A key model predicts 3000 people will die every day in December. We could reach 400,000 deaths my the beginning of 2021.

Corona is over the day after the elections.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations". That's all they have Lucky.

I know and it is frustrating because debates are supposed to be about two sides trying to prove something. It should not be just about expressing one's opinion. In fact, there are usually only 2 sides to an issue. With opinions, there are hundreds of sides.

Corona is over the day after the elections.

You are living in a fantasy world. This is not about cases but about deaths and the deaths keep mounting up. You actually believe that 1000 deaths per day will be ignored after the elections?

With statements like this, you become a person that is not to be respected as someone to debate with. You live in a fantasy world.

You are living in a fantasy world. This is not about cases but about deaths and the deaths keep mounting up. You actually believe that 1000 deaths per day will be ignored after the elections?

With statements like this, you become a person that is not to be respected as someone to debate with. You live in a fantasy world.

They wont be ignored...there just wont be a shutdown of society. We all know its bull****.

wait, a guy here said that 60% of Americans were already infected (weeks to a month ago).

we're at herd immunity baby!!!!!!

They wont be ignored...there just wont be a shutdown of society. We all know its bull****.

Now I see.

Lets talk about facts (something you hate) and let me use New York (not Europe) as an example.

Cuomo shut New York down tight for over 2 months and the curve there went from high to low (like in Europe) and it allowed businesses to open. DeSantis in Florida (a Trump clone) did not shut down much (per Trumps guidance) and the curve did not go down. In fact, it doubled and now the deaths continue at a high rate (over 150 a day) and businesses remain somewhat open and there is no relief in sight. In New York they are seeing less that 10 deaths per day. I live in Miami and I have not been out of my home for 6 months and probably won't go out for another 6 months given than I am in the high risk category. If I was in New York, I would have stayed home 2 months and now I would be out.

You tell me, who did better, Cuomo (the anti-trump guy) or DeSantis (the Trump clone)?

Now I see.

Lets talk about facts (something you hate) and let me use New York (not Europe) as an example.

Cuomo shut New York down tight for over 2 months and the curve there went from high to low (like in Europe) and it allowed businesses to open. DeSantis in Florida (a Trump clone) did not shut down much (per Trumps guidance) and the curve did not go down. In fact, it doubled and now the deaths continue at a high rate (over 150 a day) and businesses remain somewhat open and there is no relief in sight. In New York they are seeing less that 10 deaths per day. I live in Miami and I have not been out of my home for 6 months and probably won't go out for another 6 months given than I am in the high risk category. If I was in New York, I would have stayed home 2 months and now I would be out.

You tell me, who did better, Cuomo (the anti-trump guy) or DeSantis (the Trump clone)?

was that before or after cuomo sent people to their deaths in nursing homes? It matters on how you calculated your curve.

was that before or after cuomo sent people to their deaths in nursing homes? It matters on how you calculated your curve.

Does it matter if mistakes were made initially? The important thing is to learn from the mistakes and correct them. Cuomo did that. Trump never learns because according to him "he never makes mistakes". As such, mistakes are repeated over and over again. Which is worse?

Trump's legacy.

Does it matter if mistakes were made initially? The important thing is to learn from the mistakes and correct them. Cuomo did that. Trump never learns because according to him "he never makes mistakes". As such, mistakes are repeated over and over again. Which is worse?

as you can see most right wingers on here can NOT admit that if this had happened in a " Red " state first that some of these mistakes still would have been made
they do not know all the facts of just what Como did.
first of all when he started sending people to nursing homes it was suppose to be people that were recovered from the CV and the nursing homes were instructed to keep them away from the residence of the Nursing home , Yes it was a mistake but again back then there was NO examples of what to do and what not to do
and all the conflicting info coming out of DC ( Trump , it is only one person, it will be gone by Apr. , gone as fast as it came ...... ) and the CDC sure didn't help
I have to wonder what the right would be saying now if it had started in a " Red " state and like the Dem states of the NE they had no example of what to do and had to figure it out by themselves and they made these mistakes
The states in the NE were the ones hit first and and figured out what to do and set an example for other states
so those other states , having these examples should NOT have any where near the number of cases and deaths as the states in the NE had
Have a nice day

It's comical that some only have the "b..b..but NY!!" to hang on to. Never mind the continual surges in other parts of the country and the fact the northeast has been tracking low in new cases and deaths for months now.

Back
Top Bottom