• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Newly Emboldened American Racist

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I live in a political bubble. A lovely, liberal, northeastern bubble. The majority of my friends and family are Clinton supporters, and the rest favor Bernie. One or two Republicans I’m close to voted for Kasich in the primaries. I’m pretty sure there are a few closet Trump supporters in my life — and on my Facebook friends list — but as long as they stay in the closet, we’re good.

It’s what’s outside my bubble that keeps me up at night, especially now that Donald Trump has been anointed the presumptive Republican nominee. It’s what keeps me writing on and on about this election.

I have to thank Mr. Trump for opening my eyes to the American ugly I didn’t want to see. I needed a wake up call. I’m not closed off in some strange, futuristic liberal world. I live in a diverse community with a mix of political and social viewpoints, and I consistently read newspapers and websites with differing ideologies. I know my American history and I know what racist people have been saying about President Obama for the last eight years. I’ve watched the videos of young black men shot by cops. And I’ve listened to the calls for racial justice on college campuses. I’ve worked on a college campus where I was the minority, and my students have spoken and written about their experiences. Throughout my life I’ve heard stories from my Jewish friends about the nasty comments they’ve endured. So yes, I understand how deeply racism and bigotry run through American culture — as much as any educated, white, Protestant person can really understand it — even if I don’t hear it in my home or my backyard.

The rest of the article you can find here, but no matter how disturbing all of the things this lady has written about, the most disgusting things really are the reactions to Malia Obama's "news" that she will be going to Harvard after a year of no school. She is not that different from other children in that she is taking a gap year/she is skipping one year until she is 18 and goes to school again. Sadly the people reading and commenting at Fox News showed their inner racist.

It got so bad that the comment section on this story was ended. Here are some nuggets:

I wonder if she applied as a muDslime..or a foreign student..or just a Ni@@er

or how about:

LITTLE APE SHOULD GO TO COLLEGE IN AFRICA,

or

Hopefully she gets cancer/aids or one of those colored diseases.

and

2016-05-01_16-09-10.jpg

2016-05-01_16-08-24.jpg

2016-05-01_15-20-00.jpg

Sadly there is a racist section in the US that seems emboldened by the current tone inside a part of the republican party championed by the racially insensitive presumptive nominee "the Donald".

A man who is hailed by people like former Grand Wizard David Duke who wrote:

“I think he deserves a close look by those who believe the era of political correctness needs to come to an end and that America needs a leader who will do the following: 1.) Secure our border – if not – America and our heritage will not survive! 2.) Break the power of the Jewish-controlled Federal Reserve and predator banks like Goldman Sachs (and the FED) that are robbing us and the world blind.”

And no, I do not think most republicans are racists, but part of the party clearly has racist tendencies.

I live in a political bubble. A lovely, liberal, northeastern bubble. The majority of my friends and family are Clinton supporters, and the rest favor Bernie. One or two Republicans I’m close to voted for Kasich in the primaries. I’m pretty sure there are a few closet Trump supporters in my life — and on my Facebook friends list — but as long as they stay in the closet, we’re good.

It’s what’s outside my bubble that keeps me up at night, especially now that Donald Trump has been anointed the presumptive Republican nominee. It’s what keeps me writing on and on about this election.

I have to thank Mr. Trump for opening my eyes to the American ugly I didn’t want to see. I needed a wake up call. I’m not closed off in some strange, futuristic liberal world. I live in a diverse community with a mix of political and social viewpoints, and I consistently read newspapers and websites with differing ideologies. I know my American history and I know what racist people have been saying about President Obama for the last eight years. I’ve watched the videos of young black men shot by cops. And I’ve listened to the calls for racial justice on college campuses. I’ve worked on a college campus where I was the minority, and my students have spoken and written about their experiences. Throughout my life I’ve heard stories from my Jewish friends about the nasty comments they’ve endured. So yes, I understand how deeply racism and bigotry run through American culture — as much as any educated, white, Protestant person can really understand it — even if I don’t hear it in my home or my backyard.

The rest of the article you can find here, but no matter how disturbing all of the things this lady has written about, the most disgusting things really are the reactions to Malia Obama's "news" that she will be going to Harvard after a year of no school. She is not that different from other children in that she is taking a gap year/she is skipping one year until she is 18 and goes to school again. Sadly the people reading and commenting at Fox News showed their inner racist.

It got so bad that the comment section on this story was ended. Here are some nuggets:

or how about:

or

and

View attachment 67201131

View attachment 67201132

View attachment 67201133

Sadly there is a racist section in the US that seems emboldened by the current tone inside a part of the republican party championed by the racially insensitive presumptive nominee "the Donald".

And no, I do not think most republicans are racists, but part of the party clearly has racist tendencies.

This stuff has been on the internet since forever. There's nothing new about it, and it's not specific to this campaign season or to this president.

Perhaps liberals just started looking for it in order to bash Trump.

People who never talk to Trump supporters and who don't know what Trump supporters are really like can get some pretty silly ideas about them. Astonishing when close to 50% of the population is alienated from the elite to the point that they, the elite, admit they don't know any of them and have no freeking idea what their concerns are.

To be fair, there has also been more stories about minority groups claiming to be victims of crimes. Only to find out they perpetrated the crimes on themselves to draw attention to their group. Do you also consider these groups emboldened to fabricate these stories because Hillary and Obama, both proven truth stretchers, are in controll of the Democratic Party?

This stuff has been on the internet since forever. There's nothing new about it, and it's not specific to this campaign season or to this president.

People who never talk to Trump supporters and who don't know what Trump supporters are really like can get some pretty silly ideas about them. Astonishing when close to 50% of the population is alienated from the elite to the point that they, the elite, admit they don't know any of them and have no freeking idea what their concerns are.

It's also not specific to race, religion or political persuasion. There just are people who are racist, bothers me when one political group tries to pin racism on another candidate or political party... look in the mirror first.

As long as bigotry doesn't extend to
educated, white, Protestant person
, who may or may not be capable of understanding anything of significance, we should be ok.
Of course Rick PATEL and ami torelocato must be corn fed, educated, white, Protestant person.
Would we know the true identity of those who LOL on the www, we might have a clearer picture.
For most Americans, Malia Obama is of little or no concern. We are more interested in making a living, living our own lives, hoping our offspring will have a chance in life and may be going to dinner.
Racism, bigotry, that seems to be something to be on the minds of those who care about color, religion and such, esp when it is convenient to make a point.
When a person has been shot and/or killed by police, most of us wonder what the person has done to necessitate police presence. Racist otoh first check on the person's color of skin to see if it worth their while to become upset.

Black America is the most racist bloc in the United States today.

But we can't say that, so never mind.

I did not say this was new, but I do think they are emboldened by the current campaign and the lack of distancing of this candidate towards the racists supporting Trump.

One part of this is the ludicrous comments by Trump that he did not know David Duke when he said:

Trump: Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know.

Something that is totally untrue and bogus.

And I did not say this was typical of all Trump supporters but part of them do have these racist attitudes. Are there no racists in the Democratic party? Probably but they are not vocally and obviously supporting the democratic candidates.

or how about:

or

and

View attachment 67201131

View attachment 67201132

View attachment 67201133

You must be absolutely incensed over the, "**** Trump" folks.

The Left is scared shirtless that Trump might win. They're pulling out all the stops.

It appears to me the only form of diversity this woman values is skin deep (and Jews?). Also, inconsistencies are bolded.

I did not say this was new, but I do think they are emboldened by the current campaign and the lack of distancing of this candidate towards the racists supporting Trump.

One part of this is the ludicrous comments by Trump that he did not know David Duke when he said:

Something that is totally untrue and bogus.

And I did not say this was typical of all Trump supporters but part of them do have these racist attitudes. Are there no racists in the Democratic party? Probably but they are not vocally and obviously supporting the democratic candidates.

You are indulging in shame campaigning (not even really debating just campaigning).
You take posts from a comment section on a story, a story...not a Trump website, not even people claiming they are for Trump or mentioning him and, yet, you somehow make a correlation between these posts and Trump and his supporters. How?
Leap much?

Now, just to be fair, let's take a look at what some Obama supporters had to say about Mr. Romney "back in the day".
Tweets by Obama Supporters fueled by racial hatred
Some "nuggets" as you put it:
"I'm racist. **** Mit Romney Honky. Pink toe ass...he is as white as the clouds peckerwood....lol"
"I hope honkey Romney loses the election and Obama puts all the whites in concentration camps"

So...yeah. One does not make the other right by any stretch of the imagination. But let's stop pretending that Trump or even whites have the monopoly on racism and that everyone else's feces has no odor shall we?
Racism is an evil. Its an evil spawned by ignorance. No matter who is practicing it.
I wonder if anyone tried to shame the people in either of these incidents. They should be shamed.

Anyone wonder how many of those responses are pure trolls, poe's, or just plain fakes to stir the hornet's nest?

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

There's no evidence that they are "emboldened."

I've never been able to get why saying you "don't know David Duke" is such a bad thing. Seems to me it's a good thing. What's wrong with throwing Duke under the bus?

And I did not say this was typical of all Trump supporters...

Sorry, but you clearly imply that this is all due to Trump and unprecedented.

I'm sure that if I went looking I'd come across examples of gross racism coming from Democrats. What a number of prominent liberal pundits have said about Condilizza Rice and Justice Thomas are cases in point.

rice.jpg

The Left is scared shirtless that Trump might win. They're pulling out all the stops.

True they want to make sure the donald never gets anywhere near the Oval Office and oh they will also have help in that by many Republicans, even many Conservatives know that trump would be awful for the Nation. So the donald is write about one thing he is bringing America together, to fight him.

True they want to make sure the donald never gets anywhere near the Oval Office and oh they will also have help in that by many Republicans, even many Conservatives know that trump would be awful for the Nation. So the donald is write about one thing he is bringing America together, to fight him.

If that happens and Hillary wins, the country is ****ed.

You must be absolutely incensed over the, "**** Trump" folks.

I am only incensed about racist people, I do not care who they support. But I must say that I am more incensed at Trump than his supporters.

If that happens and Hillary wins, the country is ****ed.

Pssst, that is inevitable either way, the thing is most Libs and many Cons realize that no matter how bad Hillary might turn out to be Trump would be a complete disaster for the Nation. Worst Presidential Election Ever, we lose no matter who wins.

or how about:

or

and

View attachment 67201131

View attachment 67201132

View attachment 67201133

While I know that those comments were made on the Fox News article, your inference that these types of comments are pervasive among conservatives is out of context. Online cheap shots are easy to make, no matter which story one is reading, and I am certain if I looked hard enough I could find some pretty nasty things said by liberals about Bush and his kids. People say ugly things online, but it makes no sense to associate them with a group. It is not a group making those comments, rather a few random individuals.

This is not in any way indicative of "how deeply racism and bigotry run through American culture" as you stated, as if this were a fact and common knowledge. Is there racism? Yes. Is there communism? Yes. Is there antisemitism? Yes. Is there prejudice against large corporations? Yes. Is there a hatred for anything politically incorrect? Yes. All these things exist, but what happens is little snippets are taken and made out to seem as if there is this widespread pervasive pattern of injustice.

There are a lot of mean people and crazy nuts- true. But there is a much larger number of people who are much closer to common ground and are simply misled by liberal media bias and mountains out of molehills.

Pssst, that is inevitable either way, the thing is most Libs and many Cons realize that no matter how bad Hillary might turn out to be Trump would be a complete disaster for the Nation. Worst Presidential Election Ever, we lose no matter who wins.

That may be wishful thinking.

I am only incensed about racist people, I do not care who they support. But I must say that I am more incensed at Trump than his supporters.

Of course you are. You ignore the animals that riot at Trump rallies.

That may be wishful thinking.

True. I think what makes her the lesser of the evils here is that she is at least a known quantity and can be worked with, with trump no one knows what he stands for or would actually do if elected, keep in mind that he supported the ban on AR's and longer waiting period to purchase guns and supports raising the taxes te rich pay, both very unRepublican like and his entire past has been supporting Liberal ideals. I cannot see many Conservatives actually voting for Hillary but that does not mean they will vote for Trump as he does not share their values. So while Hillary will not gain all that much cross over votes trump will not be getting many and will not have the support of many Conservatives. Being that any GOP candidate for the Whitehouse starts out in a hole, fewer firm electoral college votes, and that Trump will be hard pressed to win any swing states it is almost a given to what the outcome will be. Pray for the best, Prepare for the worst.

This kind of post really disgusts me.

You use those sleazy tactics of trying to associate Trump with Duke, even though there is zero connection between the two. Here's a connection. Democrat Majority Leader, Robert Byrd. Elected by democrats to office, and by his peers to lead them, the Exalted Cyclops of the KKK. Not a secret to any of them.

Of course Hillary has no connection, except saying, “Today our country has lost a true American original, my friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd.”

Whoa, is that the same Hillary that is running right now??? Wow, how did that escape the HuffPo's unbiased scope? You also left it out.

You say part of the Republican party has "racist tendencies" because Trump didn't disavow Duke within 30 seconds. Well, at least he didn't heap praise all over him and call him his mentor! That's quite a special bubble you're in.

You are indulging in shame campaigning (not even really debating just campaigning).
You take posts from a comment section on a story, a story...not a Trump website, not even people claiming they are for Trump or mentioning him and, yet, you somehow make a correlation between these posts and Trump and his supporters. How?
Leap much?

Now, just to be fair, let's take a look at what some Obama supporters had to say about Mr. Romney "back in the day".
Tweets by Obama Supporters fueled by racial hatred
Some "nuggets" as you put it:
"I'm racist. **** Mit Romney Honky. Pink toe ass...he is as white as the clouds peckerwood....lol"
"I hope honkey Romney loses the election and Obama puts all the whites in concentration camps"

So...yeah. One does not make the other right by any stretch of the imagination. But let's stop pretending that Trump or even whites have the monopoly on racism and that everyone else's feces has no odor shall we?
Racism is an evil. Its an evil spawned by ignorance. No matter who is practicing it.
I wonder if anyone tried to shame the people in either of these incidents. They should be shamed.

Great another person with reading issues.

1. again, I did not claim this was the behavior of all Trump supporters, far from it

2. I never lead anyone to believe that this was from a Trump website, I named the website quite clearly.

3. I never claimed they were Trump supporters, only that they were emboldened by the politically incorrect Trump oddity

4. I do not make a correlation between these posts and Trump or his supporters. I said it was the attitude of a part of the republican voting public

5. Geeh, did I forget to mention there were racists among the Democrats, oops, no I did not forget to mention that. I in fact mentioned that specifically.

6. calling someone a Honkey when he is running a very white campaign who says that he has no change to get the votes of the 47% of freeloaders is something very different from racially attacking a 17 year old. A 17 year old who they are calling a monkey, the n-word, wishing her aids or cancer (which one moron called a black disease), etc. etc.

7. how about Trump claiming he did not know anything about white supremacist attitudes or David Duke?

Racism is evil indeed, sadly the racist attitude is alive and kicking among a small part of the Trump voters. As is intolerance, 60% of South Carolina voters in the Republican primary stated that they supported banning Muslims from entering the US. 20% supported banning gays from entering the US. 29% support shutting down mosques. 54% support putting the confederate flag back on capital grounds. 10% said they though whites where the superior race.

Under the Trump supporters 80% supported banning Muslims from the US. 31% supported banning gays from coming into the US. 40% said they support closing of Mosques. 44% said they wanted Islam banned from the US. 70% want the confederate flag back up. 38% said they would have favored the South winning the civil war. 16% says they think whites are the superior to other races.

Racism and intolerance is wrong from any side. But one cannot deny that part of the Trump/republican electorate is racially intolerant/racists. But as said, just part of the electorate, not all of them or even most of them.

While I know that those comments were made on the Fox News article, your inference that these types of comments are pervasive among conservatives is out of context. Online cheap shots are easy to make, no matter which story one is reading, and I am certain if I looked hard enough I could find some pretty nasty things said by liberals about Bush and his kids. People say ugly things online, but it makes no sense to associate them with a group. It is not a group making those comments, rather a few random individuals.

This is not in any way indicative of "how deeply racism and bigotry run through American culture" as you stated, as if this were a fact and common knowledge. Is there racism? Yes. Is there communism? Yes. Is there antisemitism? Yes. Is there prejudice against large corporations? Yes. Is there a hatred for anything politically incorrect? Yes. All these things exist, but what happens is little snippets are taken and made out to seem as if there is this widespread pervasive pattern of injustice.

There are a lot of mean people and crazy nuts- true. But there is a much larger number of people who are much closer to common ground and are simply misled by liberal media bias and mountains out of molehills.

Hence my statement that it was a racist section in the US emboldened by Trump and the tone of his campaign and his reluctance from distancing himself from David Duke and the white supremacist movement who clearly support Trump.

And what exactly does prejudice against large corporations and communism have to do with racism (part of which I view is antisemitism).

If Trump has proven anything, it's that even if political correctness goes to far sometimes, it has helped make people feel ashamed for saying racist garbage. Now that he's convinced those people that PC is always wrong, we see that America hasn't come a long way at all on the racial front.

Back
Top Bottom