• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Yorker Admits Fox News is More Balanced than MSNBC

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

The New Yorker Admits Fox News is More Balanced than MSNBC
Heather Ginsberg | Aug 28, 2013

Hmmm, based on what the left preaches isn’t it supposed to be Fox News that is the biased news station? Well even the liberals over at The New Yorker are saying that MSNBC is worse!

According to The New Yorker’s Kelefa Sanneh, who for 8 years was a critic at the New York Times, profiled MSNBC and found that “Conservatives are far less visible on MSNBC than liberals are on Fox News”. And not only is MSNBC less likely to have Conservatives on their shows, but when they do, they tend to be Republicans who talk trash right-wingers.

Full Story

MOre balanced than MSNBC? Talk about damning with faint praise.

every so often grim17 gets a thistle under his kilt about television "news". people continue to remind grim that television "news" is not news. it is entertainment. all television infotainment is biased, all is lightly based on factual information, no "news" program/network is balanced. All "news" programs are infotainment. All television "news" programs are profit driven. All depend on ratings.

All "new" networks are unbalanced. So are the people who continue to watch them expecting factual and un-biased reporting.

Grim, you are watching news as if it were factual. It isn't. You continue to become upset when they say something you don't like. "News" networks don't tell the truth. You don't seem to comprehend that.

Last edited:
Nobody watches MSNBC, ask Rush. MSNBC types dont need the mental guidance. Fox has disciples, millions of them that believe and spread the gospel and have great faith.

Fox really does threaten people, doesn't it?

both are confirmation bias entertainment, and are worthy of scorn.

Fox really does threaten people, doesn't it?

The only reason Fox is relevant is because people who wine about it give it so much attention. Who cares what some news channel says.

Millions, and I live right amongst them.
The only reason Fox is relevant is because people who wine about it give it so much attention. Who cares what some news channel says.

Yep, pretty much.

Millions, and I live right amongst them.

I actually watch fox every now and then. You know, for the most part they're a solid news channel. (better than CNN for sure.) They're pretty accurate, except occasionally where they're say something outrageous, but I think the people who believe those things would probably be the same people if fox didn't exist. That's why I don't care about it.

When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

Full Story
The full story is behind a subsription wall and its one woman's opinion. MSNBC is biased, but it's not news either.

I watch it quite a bit too. My biggest problem with it is the fair and balanced moniker. It aint. Least the others dont lie about it.
I actually watch fox every now and then. You know, for the most part they're a solid news channel. (better than CNN for sure.) They're pretty accurate, except occasionally where they're say something outrageous, but I think the people who believe those things would probably be the same people if fox didn't exist. That's why I don't care about it.

I actually watch fox every now and then. You know, for the most part they're a solid news channel. (better than CNN for sure.)

Thank you for being honest and breaking ranks with most of the other liberals around here. You are correct about Fox News being a solid news channel. They are easily the best news network on cable, and in my opinion, in all of television news period.

So many people on the left dishonestly portrait the network's news programming, as if it was written and delivered by Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity. They can't seem to separate the political opinion shows that air during prime time, from the networks news based shows that air mid-days and afternoons... It's nice to know that there are at least a few of you out there who are honest enough to make the distinction.

:thumbs:

Thank you for being honest and breaking ranks with most of the other liberals around here. You are correct about Fox News being a solid news channel. They are easily the best news network on cable, and in my opinion, in all of television news period.

So many people on the left dishonestly portrait the network's news programming, as if it was written and delivered by Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity. They can't seem to separate the political opinion shows that air during prime time, from the networks news based shows that air mid-days and afternoons... It's nice to know that there are at least a few of you out there who are honest enough to make the distinction.

:thumbs:

This is exactly why my theory about you is correct.

You don't care about media bias.

If you did, you'd have to call out fox news because it is heavily slanted to the right.

But in actuality what you get pissed off about is not media bias.

But the fact no other network shares your far right wing views.

I watch it quite a bit too. My biggest problem with it is the fair and balanced moniker. It aint. Least the others dont lie about it.
Yeah, but they're all fairly unbalanced. Fox just markets the lie they all tell more directly.

This is exactly why my theory about you is correct.

You don't care about media bias.

If you did, you'd have to call out fox news because it is heavily slanted to the right.

But in actuality what you get pissed off about is not media bias.

But the fact no other network shares your far right wing views.

This can apply to people on both sides IMO.

MSNBC doesn't do news, they do politics.

From the MSNBC website:

MSNBC defines news for the next generation with world-class reporting and a full schedule of live news coverage, political analysis and award-winning documentary programming – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

They don't do news huh Pete?

From the MSNBC website:

MSNBC defines news for the next generation with world-class reporting and a full schedule of live news coverage, political analysis and award-winning documentary programming – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

They don't do news huh Pete?
What are news programs?

Full Story

You mean the former New York Times music critic is of the opinion that MSNBC is less balanced than Fox News.

He said that in his opinion the conservatives on MSNBC being less visible than the liberal on Fox News says nothing to the topics discussed or how this impacts on the opinions these guests/conservatives/liberals have to tell.

And yes, I have read the entire article and I do not get the feeling he was trying to convey how bad things are on MSNBC. It may struggle now with the ratings but it is hugely profitable. As are Fox News and CNN. The problem for Fox news is that it is based on older viewers and is not that popular with younger viewers.

Both MSNBC and Fox News seem to be full of crackpots with crackpot opinions, who cares if MSNBC has less visible conservatives.

Last edited:

I think the safest thing to do is just get news coming off AP and Reuters from a droid app like Yahoo News. Once these big boys like Fox or MSNBC get involved the stories get such a twist that it's almost an insult to the viewer's intelligence. And don't even get me going on talking heads like Rush, Hannity, Boortz, Colter, etc. Shame on us if we let a talking head tell us what to think and form our opinions for us.

Full Story

Neither is news. Both are entertainment. So, isn't this kind of stupid.

I think the safest thing to do is just get news coming off AP and Reuters from a droid app like Yahoo News. Once these big boys like Fox or MSNBC get involved the stories get such a twist that it's almost an insult to the viewer's intelligence. And don't even get me going on talking heads like Rush, Hannity, Boortz, Colter, etc. Shame on us if we let a talking head tell us what to think and form our opinions for us.

Liberal bias exists at both the AP and Reuters, but not to the extent it does at NBC, ABC, CBS and the others. I'm happy to say though, that in the last few years I've seen less bias out of them both... A trend that I hope will continue, and hopefully one day will spread to the broadcast networks and publications like the NY Times.

Back
Top Bottom