• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New York Times believes abortion should be safe, legal and romantic! Blah!

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is total bias in the media. A recent article in the New York Times talks about how a Miami Heat basketball player and his wife 15 years ago choose to have an abortion just because they were not ready.

The NYTimes glamorized abortion as a heartwarming experience. Very heart warming for the baby that had to give its life for parents to have their "own" because they were not ready.

I find this to be very sad and upsetting. This is showing that if you have an abortion maybe your life will end up like a NBA basketball star. This type of reporting should not take place.

This article shows us that the abortion debate is held on dishonest terms and showed us how callous the nation’s liberal “elite” is toward the death of the unborn.

Source: Rare.us | The New York Times believes abortion should be safe, legal and romantic

This is total bias in the media. A recent article in the New York Times talks about how a Miami Heat basketball player and his wife 15 years ago choose to have an abortion just because they were not ready.

The NYTimes glamorized abortion as a heartwarming experience. Very heart warming for the baby that had to give its life for parents to have their "own" because they were not ready.

I find this to be very sad and upsetting. This is showing that if you have an abortion maybe your life will end up like a NBA basketball star. This type of reporting should not take place.

This article shows us that the abortion debate is held on dishonest terms and showed us how callous the nation’s liberal “elite” is toward the death of the unborn.

Source: Rare.us | The New York Times believes abortion should be safe, legal and romantic

the couple chose to not allow the zygote to further develop
the woman chose not to go full term just as you choose not to use all your seed for purposes of propagation
nothing unreasonable there and neither is there present an indication of media bias

Perhaps the Greetings Card industry and bakery's and caterers and retail stores can get into the act and there can be a celebration.... call it..... Happy Abortion Day! :2party: Register at Macy's / Lord and Taylors for your abortion day celebration!!

A small catered affair celebrating the extinguished future life due to inconvenience. Beer, soda, snacks, cards as well as a brunch type fair ending with iced red velvet cake with no candles with coffee and little presents to the non-parents. Of course, such a thing wouldn't occur if it was rape because everyone knows that the future baby must suffer for an such an act of control and violence they were not part of. Damn that biology!

If you haven't noticed yet this was a severely sarcastic post....

Nowhere in the article - or even in the passages cited by the blog - do I see abortion being "promoted" as they claim. Just seemed to me that Rein had a tough choice to make. She made it, and her husband supported her throughout the ordeal. Idiots tend to think that making the decision to abort is about as easy as ordering off the Dollar Menu. It's not, and the article is not portraying the act of abortion as romantic. Way to spin.

I find it laughable that people think there is an ideal time to have a baby. Unless you are going to a fertility clinic or something because you put it off as long as possible, most people's children come when they come whether they are ready for them or not. If people waited until life was perfect, man would have died off well before now.

While millions of Americans go off to church on Sunday mornings, a segment of our liberal elite has a different tradition. For them, Sunday mornings are designed for a hot cup of coffee and a leisurely read of the New York Times Style section.

:lamo

It used to be that the liberal elite wouldn't even be caught dead reading The New Yorker. Right-wingers sure have lowered that standard ;)

Whose baby 'had to give it's life for parents to have their "own" because they were not ready'? Killing a baby is illegal. The cops need to investigate this. Can you lead them to the criminals?

By May 2001, however, she and Mr. Haslem had become a couple, spending most of their free time together.
Their first challenge took place the following spring when she became pregnant. It was her junior year and his senior year, and he had begun training for the N.B.A. draft. Despite the pregnancy, she was busy with track meets and helping him complete homework. The timing was bad.

“I am not a huge fan of abortion, but we both had sports careers, plus we could not financially handle a baby,” said Mr. Haslem, noting how he struggled with supporting Kedonis, the son he had in high school, who is now 14 and who lives with his mother.

“Udonis appreciated that I was willing to have an abortion,” Ms. Rein said. “I found him caring, supportive, nurturing and all over me to be sure I was O.K. I saw another side of him during that difficult time and fell deeply in love. He had a big heart and was the whole package.”

- See more at: French: The New York Times believes abortion should be safe, legal and romantic | Rare

Part of the problem I see is that we have become a society that sees no problem with abortion. I'm ProChoice (with limits), but I think people should keep that choice to themselves when it comes to their own personal decisions.

I guess you prefer stories like this one:

Troy and Anniston weren't in love during our high school romance, they were just together. Sex, though, led to Anniston's pregnancy. Since they were underage and still living with their parents, it was a tense time for everyone. Ultimately, Anniston's parents, being religious leaders in the community, encouraged the two to drop out of high school, marry, and support a child with menial income.

The parent's advise seemed wise at that time, but after just one year of marriage, things fell apart. The stress of having to be a father before Troy was emotionally stable, coupled with the financial strain that comes with being uneducated and employed for menial wages, drove him to alleviate his stress and anxiety with the use of recreational drugs and alcohol. Soon after, Troy became abusive to Anniston and their first born child.

Their marriage ended two years later when he was arrested on domestic abuse charges and jailed for several years. Since then, he has fathered seven more children, beat his second wife so severely she was admitted to the hospital, and is now in jail on charges for cooking methanphetamines in the home where their seven children resided"

Because that's SUCH a freaking love story...and it's true, too! But hey! The joys of bringing eight defenseless children into the world when you can't even care for yourself is such a BLESSING!

:roll: Look - the point overall is that an unplanned pregnancy, and how you deal with it, brings out your true nature. You either solidify as a person and become the supportive person your partner needs you to be, or you crumble and become a dredge of society, or a dick, or a prick, or a deadbeat dad, or a whatever.

He was supportive of her when she was pregnant - you know what - even my HUSBAND couldn't manage that when we were married and pregnant with our 3rd and 4th child. Instead, he couldn't cope with my mood swings, and had some fictitious idea in his head about how pregnancy was supposed to be wonderful and happy, but I was sick the entire time. Ultimately, he told me that, "You ruined pregnancy for me." . . .and apparently, a lot of pregnant women get exactly that type of attitude from their partners when they're HAVING a baby (not even talking about unplanned and unwanted or discussing abortion or adoption - but together and 'having a baby' - the whole nine yards.)

So - Udonis seems to be a better guy than the average Joe if he didn't do THAT, I'd say. I have a feeling, since he was taking care of his child already, that he would have supported her even if she chose not to abort. You know - rather than be a total asshole like a huge number of guys really ARE.

Just look around at some of the people you know who claim to be pro-life, and see the asshole decisions they make and how horrid they treat their wives and girlfriends.

Last edited:
Nowhere in the article - or even in the passages cited by the blog - do I see abortion being "promoted" as they claim.

Whenever the Moral Fascists try to argue that their position is morally superior to the pro-choicers, they lie.

Ironic

Preparing for the NBA draft = timing is bad? Since when?

I'm going to be a millionaire, but the timing of this pregnancy sucks. :/

Perhaps the Greetings Card industry and bakery's and caterers and retail stores can get into the act and there can be a celebration.... call it..... Happy Abortion Day! :2party: Register at Macy's / Lord and Taylors for your abortion day celebration!!

A small catered affair celebrating the extinguished future life due to inconvenience. Beer, soda, snacks, cards as well as a brunch type fair ending with iced red velvet cake with no candles with coffee and little presents to the non-parents. Of course, such a thing wouldn't occur if it was rape because everyone knows that the future baby must suffer for an such an act of control and violence they were not part of. Damn that biology!

Yep , it's hard to find those "Sorry for your intentional loss" cards.

Whenever the Moral Fascists try to argue that their position is morally superior to the pro-choicers, they lie.

Ironic

So you think a person not wanting to see innocents slaughtered is being *morally superior*? Nice

What if someone wanted to do that to your pecker?

Yep , it's hard to find those "Sorry for your intentional loss" cards.

9bc106f36d9eb920b250376265e0190eb6.png

Hmmm, I would think newpapers would be against abortion. Cuts down on the future subscription rate. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, I would think newpapers would be against abortion. Cuts down on the future subscription rate. :mrgreen:

Ah, but think of subscription cost for a family. ;)

I find this to be very sad and upsetting.
This is showing that if you have an abortion maybe your life will end up like a NBA basketball star. This type of reporting should not take place.

My heart goes out to you.

Do you know what I find sad and upsetting? People who stick their nose in other people business.

That bothers me a lot. I have no use for people who try to control other peoples lives.

I have a little advice for you: If you don't like abortions, don't have one.

But don't try to stop ladies who need one from having it done.

IOW: Mind your own business.

Last edited:

Yes, how dare they present the other side of the argument!

Rabble rabble rabble!

Part of the problem I see is that we have become a society that sees no problem with abortion.

Disagree completely. The overwhelming majority of people I have met that are pro choice are of the opinion that we should do everything possible to reduce the number of abortions.

A small catered affair celebrating the extinguished future life due to inconvenience. Beer, soda, snacks, cards as well as a brunch type fair ending with
iced red velvet cake
with no candles with coffee and little presents to the non-parents. Of course, such a thing wouldn't occur if it was rape because everyone knows that the future baby must suffer for an such an act of control and violence they were not part of. Damn that biology!

Great idea. I love red velvet Cake, but some ice cream with it would make it even better!

Part of the problem I see is that we have become a society that sees no problem with abortion. I'm ProChoice (with limits),
but I think people should keep that choice to themselves when it comes to their own personal decisions.

There are some things that I really don't need to know about other peoples lives.

Back
Top Bottom